VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am running windows 8.1 x64 pro with WMP 12. I know i can easily play .mov in other video players but i need to figure out how to play them specifially in WMP. I use hd-trailers.net downloader and mymovies.dk to organize my movies and i watch them through WMC and i have it set to play several trailers before the main movie. much like a movie theater. but anytime it tries to play .mov i can hear audio but cant get video. Ive tried several codecs and programs but I cant figure it out. Can this be done? Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You need a shim which will allow QT playback through Directshow, like the Riverpast or MediaLooks ones.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    damn i was looking for a free solution like a certain codec or something but i guess thats not going to be the case? thanks for the info!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I'm not saying that is the only option (just the most likely). A little testing/reading with MediaInfo could at least help to get to the bottom of what is going on.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    According to http://www.codecguide.com/windows7_preferred_filter_tweaker.htm,
    the "Preferred DirectShow Filter Tweaker" works on Windows 8 too.

Have you already tried it
    If the answer is "yes", then either your OS has been screwed somehow, OR
    you'd better switch to something like JRiver Media Center.

Also, and FWIW,
    LAV Splitter is better than Haali, regarding MOV/MP4 files
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks cornucopia. this gives me something to go on and research some more. im not good with this stuff but i can follow insturctions if i can find them ha ha...

thanks el heggunte. Im not sure if i have done that yet. ive tried so many different programs and codecs. I will research all this stuff but just off the top of your head do these things do some type of audio conversion on the fly? Im not looking to do some conversions before hand. thanks again to you both!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    alright so my life has been very busy i havent even tried messing with my problem again until today. i tried the preferred directshow filter tweaker i assume i just make everything as microsoft which did not work. i downloaded lav splitter but i dont know what to do with it i see bat files not an exe to install...i downloaded mediainfo and put one of the files that wont play with windows media player. because of what im trying to accomplish i cannot use another media player. it has to be wmp...any other suggestions? i have attached the mediainfo file
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!