VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi

Please, I'm capturing a DVD (family video) using a Playstation3 and saving it in HDMI with the Avermedia C027 using 1080i. My aim is create a Blu-ray.

The format that I'm saving is: MPEG-2 or MPEG-4. And the size stays ever in 1920x1088 and not in the standard size of 1920X1080 (images below w/ the properties of these two files).

So, my doubts are:

1- Is possible capture only in 1920 x 1080 size?

2 - I'm using the VideStudio Ultimate X7 to authoring the Blu-ray. Unfortunately this program ever need to render the file and it take almost 3 hours, also the result aren't good. I would like to record the Blu-ray without render the file because VideoStudio process drops the image quality and take much time to do that - at least in this case (Detail: I'm already using another software to render the video so I don't like to render it again with VideoStudio Ultimate X7). Someone knows how I can do this?

Thank you again!

MPEG-2

MPEG-4

Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by NLP View Post
    Hi

Please, I'm capturing a DVD (family video)
    DVD is 720x576(Italy is PAL video format) MPEG2.
    And if you already have this footage on DVD....why are you re-capturing/recording?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    Originally Posted by NLP View Post
    Hi

Please, I'm capturing a DVD (family video)
    DVD is 720x576(Italy is PAL video format) MPEG2.
    And if you already have this footage on DVD....why are you re-capturing/recording?

Hi hech54,

I'm from Italy but some of my equipment and the videos of my friends aren't. So, the majority are NTSC (there are PAL, PAL-G and SECAM too)

Other members already asked me why re-capturing and do up-scaling. It's because in my tests I really notice a difference in quality making up-scaling to Blu-ray size/quality (there're many videos on youtube showing good results with up-scaling even when the video source doesn't came from HD) - I know that it's very controversial - but I really want to convert to Blu-ray.

All your help and replies are welcome.

Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Please, if someone knows some advice to solve these doubts I really appreciate.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!