VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've been using Avanti for all of my video conversions, the problem when I play the videos on my DVD player I don't get the 1080p resolutions, as when played on the computer. The DVD player only supports DivX and MPEG-4 all of my videos have always been converted to MPEG-4 within AVANTI cloning the Frame Size & Frame rate including the aspect ratio, but the quality is not there, I don't know whether it is AVANTI or the settings ?

Another issue is audio, I don't expect amazing sound, considering I'm using the televisions speakers, but I would hope I can get better sound then what I've been getting ? Once again using AVANTI the auto settings are MP3, kps: 128 & Frequency: 44100 with two channels.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    the problem when I play the videos on my DVD player I don't get the 1080p resolutions
    And you never will because a DVD player will not play 1080 anything.

Once again using AVANTI the auto settings are MP3, kps: 128 & Frequency: 44100 with two channels.
    Converting to low quality audio will give you low quality audio, especially if starting out with low quality audio, but you say nothing of what you started with.
    Quote Quote  
  3. DVD is limited to 720x480 29.97 fps NTSC, or 720x576 25 fps PAL. If you want 1080p resolution on disc you need to use Blu-ray.
    Last edited by jagabo; 26th Sep 2014 at 10:00.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm not going to burn everything to Blu-ray discs. I was hoping for a different answer, thanks !
    Quote Quote  
  5. The best solution is to get a standalone media player that plays files on USB storage devices or network shares. They you are no longer tied to plastic discs. I have several terrabytes of videos stored on a NAS (and backed up) and different devices around the house for playing them. Including an HTPC, Western Digital WDTV Live, and an LG BD670 Blu-ray player.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I prefer to play all my videos of a USB storage device !
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Most recent Blu-ray players can play media files (with restrictions) from DVDs, BD-Rs, USB flash drives, and USB hard drives. Most media players can play media files (with fewer restrictions than Blu-Ray players) from USB flash drives, USB hard drives, and in some cases, an internal hard drive.

For both media players and Blu-Ray players, USB hard drives that receive power from a wall socket work more reliably than drives that receive power via USB. I haven't seen any media players or Blu-Ray players that allows a hard drive over 2TB.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by PowerFalcon View Post
    I'm not going to burn everything to Blu-ray discs. I was hoping for a different answer, thanks !
    If you are using a DVD player BluRay media would not work anyways, even if your DVD player has a USB port for using external drives it
    still would not play anything HD.

The only way you are going to get HD from a disc or external drive is to either buy a Bluray player or media player.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Can you recommend any media players that are not expensive but offer good quality ?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by PowerFalcon View Post
    Can you recommend any media players that are not expensive but offer good quality ?
    These models are well-liked.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815140006&cm_re=wd_tv_media_playe...-006-_-Product
    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136997&cm_re=wd_tv_media_playe...-997-_-Product

If you can find refurbished units, they will cost less. If those are too expensive, then maybe somebody else can suggest something with a lower price.
    Quote Quote  
  11. It's not as expensive as I thought, but I wouldn't mind a lower price. I can basically replace my DVD player with a Media Player, that is, if you don't play DVD, then having a DVD player is basically useless.

Good thing, I don't have to convert anymore, throw the video file on USB Storage and play.
    Quote Quote  
  12. There are cheaper and more expensive media players:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007683%20600049979&IsNo...E&PageSize=100
    http://www.iboum.com/net-media-players.php
    Some work better than others in terms of compatibility with different containers and codecs, speed, user friendliness, etc.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Thank you all for your help.
    Quote Quote