VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am a video DJ, and I use two different programs simultaneously during my shows, with each outputting video to my extended screen. My laptop just bit the dust, so I got a new desktop to replace it.

On my old computer, when both programs were open and outputing video to the extended screen, my main program (Virtual DJ) was always given priority over the other (which triggers animated GIFs when I play songs that don't have video). That is to say that the Virtual DJ video output was always on top whenever it was outputting video, with the other in the background.

I used my new computer for the first time tonight, and it seems that this priority has reversed. As long as the GIF Trigger program is maximized, it shows it's output (which is a boring red landing screen when nothing is triggered), even if the Virtual DJ program is outputting video. The Virtual DJ video output only shows on the extended screen if I minimize the other program, which doesn't work for me because I often need to work in that program to set up a transition to the next song.

SOOOO.....is there a setting somewhere that dictates which program is given priority when two programs are outputting video to a single extended screen, or otherwise how does the video card determine which program is given priority?

My video card is a ATI Radeon HD 4200.

Thank you for any help!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The OS is what determines what is displayed, not the video card.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I'd re-install the drivers and then do an in-depth reading of the driver's control panel settings. There's probably some per-app priority/override setting in there.

That's where I'd start.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!