VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Lately, the cable co or the tv stations have started sending "service2" & "service6" signals(?) for closed captioning, instead of CC1. My tv supports analog cc1 -> 4, t1 -> 4, & digi ts1 -> 6. My tv recognizes that service6 is received, but the captions are not shown. It is an old tv (olevia 6 -7 years old, I really like it). The channel data info bar will show "CC1" & captions show, but info shows change from cc1 to service6 & captions disappear. Service6 is supposed to be the same data as CC1, I have gleaned from searching, but "s6" does not work with any settings digi/analog. Any ideas out there??
    -c-
    Yes, no, maybe, I don't know, Can you repeat the question?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you are using a cable box, check to see if the cable box can be used to display closed captions rather than the TV. Setting them up may require accessing a hidden menu on the cable box. With my box, I have to press the power button on the remote to turn off the box, and then press the "Menu" button on the remote to access the needed hidden menu.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 20th Sep 2014 at 11:25. Reason: typo
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No cable box, a 'tee' to tv & modem/phone. I spent 45 min-1 hr yesterday afternoon talking with cable tech support yesterday with this, (plus emails with tv stations), consensus was, my tv is old/wornout etc. 'Or' it is the tv stations fault, as the cc signals come directly to me, (no cable box). The cable co 'walks on water'. However, last night, everything (CC) worked as was meant. We'll see tonight however. -c-
    Yes, no, maybe, I don't know, Can you repeat the question?
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!