Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140918_162530.jpg
Views:	732
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	27548

This for all the people that want a definite answer on how to do it: I wanted to capture/record HD content off my HD Dish box at work onto my laptop. I was using a Diamond VC500 USB device but that limits the recording to NTSC and although there are quality and playback limitations I was able to record a full HD size screen and play it back to Zoom mode on my big screen TV but the quality wasn't very good and it hurt my eyes. FF to the Avermedia LGP Lite plugged into a Dish 211 HD receiver through a Sewell HDMI splitter. I've been reading that those splitters don't work anymore however search "HDMI 1x2 3D splitter v1.3 HDCP 2 ports swither 3 4 5 8 PS3 XBOX360 DVD Blu-ray" on Amazon and I hope you get lucky like myself and receive one that indeed strips the HDCP from the feed. 15 bucks Prime as of this date. For me it was success on the first try and I'm all set. Until this post I simply was not able to come up with a good answer and simple instructions. The info on Youtube is all over the place. Bottomline: YES IT WORKS.

Avermedia LGP Lite using driver dated 2014-04-30 downloaded from Avermedia RECentral:v1.3.0.84 Driver:v3.7.x.22 and Stream Engine driver dated 2014-03-31 V1.3.0.3. I never messed with the Avermedia installation CD, I first installed these drivers and then plugged the unit in.

Asus T100 - Avermedia LGP Lite- Sewell Splitter v1.3

and for the nay-sayers: a picture of my big screen playing back the recorded HDCP content with Media Player

*** update: the Sewell splitter power supply went out after only 1 night. The splitter is getting mixed reviews because "it stops working". It's the power supply, not the splitter. I found a comparable power supply and the splitter works fine again and HDCP gets stripped.
    Last edited by BobbyGee; 19th Sep 2014 at 11:14.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Congratulations, but I have to ask, what is an "Avermedia LTG?" Don't see any product on the Avermedia website with that name. Perhaps a model number?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Oops, sorry, this is it and thanks for letting me know, I will edit my post. http://gamerzone.avermedia.com/game_capture/lgp_lite
    Quote Quote  
  4. Does the LGP always deinterlace interlaced inputs like the similar Hauppauge device?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    I don't know, all I see is a nice crisp picture. I gave up on 1080i or p or 30 or 60 fps, my eyes can't tell the diff.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Does the LGP always deinterlace interlaced inputs like the similar Hauppauge device?
    Which Hauppauge device are you referring to?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Does the LGP always deinterlace interlaced inputs like the similar Hauppauge device?
    Unfortunately yes. Out of the PC-free solutions, I believe only the AVerMedia C285 captures interlaced.

Originally Posted by BobbyGee View Post
    I don't know, all I see is a nice crisp picture. I gave up on 1080i or p or 30 or 60 fps, my eyes can't tell the diff.
    Really? You're losing literally half the motion on interlaced sources.

PS: Plenty of info on this in the HDCP stripper thread. Those little splitters work on anything.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by TB2XSBW View Post
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    I think he means the Hauppauge Rocket.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by SixFiftyThree View Post
    Unfortunately yes. Out of the PC-free solutions, I believe only the AVerMedia C285 captures interlaced.
    Thanks for the confirmation. What a sad situation.

Originally Posted by SixFiftyThree View Post
    Originally Posted by BobbyGee View Post
    Really? You're losing literally half the motion on interlaced sources.
    And maybe as much has half the spacial resolution too.

Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Originally Posted by TB2XSBW View Post
    I think he means the Hauppauge Rocket.
    Yes.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!