VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Does anyone know how to install the version of Handbrake with the Intel QSV encoder in Linux Mint? I have an i7-2700k which isn't THAT fast. I can usually do a 1080p encode to CRF18 in ~4 hours, but Intel QSV is faster and I don't see a difference so want to use that.

Anyone know how to install it? I could always build myself a Windows VM but I don't really want to have to use that for everything.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is the best link I could find:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/311823

I see no sign that quick sync is supported in linux at all, let alone in the linux version of handbrake.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for looking into that. I searched like crazy but could find nothing.

Oh well, I guess I can always buy a Windows 8 license and run it in Virtualbox.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks all. I ended up just running W7 in a VM which did the trick.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Sorry to bump an old thread, but quicksync can be utilised via a VM? Have you got anymore information on that?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Dexterp View Post
    Sorry to bump an old thread, but quicksync can be utilised via a VM? Have you got anymore information on that?
    If you don't know how to run windows in a VM I'd suggest the support site for your distro.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Sorry,I meant what did you need to install within your win7 VM to get quicksync running? I have never managed it.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!