VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. XMedia Recode stores the profiles in ini files with the file extension "xmrpres". I'm trying to figure out the different settings for H264 as set via a profile ini file. Some are obvious, like V1Level=52 sets the H264 level to 5.2. Is there a complete guide somewhere on the net that tells how to set all the H264 settings in XMedia Recode, using profile "xmrpres" files?
    Quote Quote  
  2. You can translate some of them from x264 settings

http://mewiki.project357.com/wiki/X264_Settings
    Quote Quote  
  3. I need to know how to set the program's Rate Control Mode to Constant Quantizer, and how to set the Quantizer value to 0 (lossless). Furthermore, I need to know how to set the Color Mode to YUV 4:4:4 Planar. I have tried to analyze some of the xmrpres files that came with XMedia Recode, but NONE OF THEM explicitly set these settings that I'm trying to find. I'm wondering if the XMR profile files even have a specification which permits them to set these particular settings. If I knew how, I would try to disassemble the EXE file and try to figure out what settings data fields the program actually looks for in the xmrpres files, but this is well beyond my ability. And I can't find it documented anywhere. If someone else has managed to figure this out through reverse engineering or whatever, please let me know.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Videogamer555 View Post
    I need to know how to set the program's Rate Control Mode to Constant Quantizer, and how to set the Quantizer value to 0 (lossless). Furthermore, I need to know how to set the Color Mode to YUV 4:4:4 Planar. I have tried to analyze some of the xmrpres files that came with XMedia Recode, but NONE OF THEM explicitly set these settings that I'm trying to find. I'm wondering if the XMR profile files even have a specification which permits them to set these particular settings. If I knew how, I would try to disassemble the EXE file and try to figure out what settings data fields the program actually looks for in the xmrpres files, but this is well beyond my ability. And I can't find it documented anywhere. If someone else has managed to figure this out through reverse engineering or whatever, please let me know.
    Wouldn't it just be easier to use x264cli , or ffmpeg , or dozens of other GUI's ?

The way this program works, is it's intended for devices with a certain bitrate range and VBV buffer . So I haven't seen any ini files with the option of CRF encoding or specifying the pixel format since no common devices support 444. If the author would have left the switches the same syntax as ffmpeg or x264, it would have been easier. Or other GUI's have a command line box, that you can enter custom options
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!