VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Every thread on this forum discuss the removal of cinavia protection. Is there a PC app or something that can be used to just check whether a file has cinavia protection on the audio. Nothing more nothing less.

It would be a big plus if this process is quick.

BJFOW
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Short answer - NO.

The "quickest" detection method I know of is to actually try to play the video and see if the player stops it with the standard Cinavia message, but this can take up to 10 minutes per video and it requires that the Cinavia "detector" (standalone hardware player or PC software player that obeys Cinavia) actually recognize it in the format of the video. For example, if you are playing an MKV file and your playing device or software doesn't check MKV files for Cinavia, then it won't be detected.

If you want to know a sure fire way to detect, you're probably going to have to go to Doom9 and ask the gurus there how they can positively detect the presence of Cinavia, but that likely involves very time consuming ripping, demuxing and opening the audio file in an audio editor of some kind for EVERY file you need to check.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    You can check this list to see if your movie is included: http://blog.dvdfab.cn/cinavia-protection.html It is still being updated, as they have 50 titles from 2014 alone, not including the two DVD's that have it from this year.

An easier way is to look on the back of the Blu-ray case and find the Cinavia logo.
    Last edited by Kerry56; 11th Sep 2014 at 19:20.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Check out the PS3 / PS4 forums also. Their are some ongoing dicussions about which titles don't work on the PS3 / PS4, because of course, Sony!
    Quote Quote  
  5. I could have sworn I saw DVDFabPasskey pop a Cinavia warning at least once. Since my Blu-Ray players are pre-Cinavia I didn't give it a second thought, and I forget which disc(s).

I did a quick search and it seems DVDFab/DVDFabPasskey do warn if Cinavia is present. Or at least did when the following pages went up:

http://club.myce.com/f116/dvdfab-8-0-6-5-displays-cinavia-protection-pop-up-during-sca...ife-r1-318699/

http://www.prlog.org/11399728-passkey-8026-supported-aacs-mkb-v23-and-added-warning-fo...-dvd-disc.html

Can anyone confirm Fab still gives that warning?
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by BJFOW View Post
    Every thread on this forum discuss the removal of cinavia protection. Is there a PC app or something that can be used to just check whether a file has cinavia protection on the audio. Nothing more nothing less.

It would be a big plus if this process is quick.

BJFOW
    OMG... *EXACTLY*. Even the most advanced google query will only bring up nooob pages and dvdfab.

Somewhere out there, *somewhere*, there has GOT to be a command line utility for *nix or for darwin, even if it's just source code or if it's just a bunch of parameters for FFMPEG, that will just check for cinavia. At a shell prompt.

....anybody...?
    Quote Quote  
  7. I tried CinEx HD's solution a few years ago. I know they had a tool that could detect whether or not Cinavia was present in the file. But I don't know if their solution could totally replace the audio stream with a non-infected stream. The simplest answer I have to get around Cinavia is just simply to use a software that doesn't support it such as VLC Media Player or MPC-HC. I personally love using Plex at home to serve up my files.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by stonesfan99 View Post
    I tried CinEx HD's solution a few years ago. I know they had a tool that could detect whether or not Cinavia was present in the file. But I don't know if their solution could totally replace the audio stream with a non-infected stream. The simplest answer I have to get around Cinavia is just simply to use a software that doesn't support it such as VLC Media Player or MPC-HC. I personally love using Plex at home to serve up my files.
    The request was for detection only which CinDe v0.95 claims to do.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by GrampaD View Post
    OMG... *EXACTLY*. Even the most advanced google query will only bring up nooob pages and dvdfab.

Somewhere out there, *somewhere*, there has GOT to be a command line utility for *nix or for darwin, even if it's just source code or if it's just a bunch of parameters for FFMPEG, that will just check for cinavia. At a shell prompt.

....anybody...?
    What you want probably doesn't exist. As already stated many of those who rip their purchased movies or illegally download rips don't use a video player that responds to Cinavia so the demand for Cinavia detection and removal is relatively small. Every program that I have heard of whch can detect Cinavia is a non-CL Windows app, and none are of them are even open source.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!