VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi everyone ! This is my first post here.

My name is Pete, and I make videos on the internet. Sometimes people watch them

I'm working on an explainer video for a website and for one scene I need logos dropping from a cloud like rain. Nothing fancy, just 100 or so logos ( 4 or 5 different ones ) raining down over the scene. It'll need to be on a transparent background.

Im am told this is quite easy to do, but I don't have the time to read manuals or watch lenghty tutorials to do it. I am quite willing to try any software that I might need though. Here's what I already have :

After Effects CC with all the trapcode plug ins
    Sony Vegas
    Flash CC

I need a quick and dirty way to do it. I don't have much time until my deadline runs out. I'd be super grateful for a how to or tips on where to quickly learn how to do this ( the good news is i'm a quick learner

thanks !
    Quote Quote  
  2. After Effects has a built-in particle generator. You can define a logo layer for the particles. You will want to use a different generator for each logo so they don't completely overlap (though you can copy the basic parameters -- direction, size, frequency, strength, etc.)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for your reply. Do you know where I can find more information on the use of it ? I need more details, the only thing I know how to do well in AE is modify templates.
    Quote Quote  
  4. http://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/simulation-effects.html#particle_playground_effect

Here's a good start. A few minutes of reading and then experimentation.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for pointing me in the right direction guys !

I found a really cool and easy tutorial that teaches me exactly what I need to know. Might be interesting for other noobs to :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=araD07FiHMo
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I know you already have After Effects, and that's what you should use. However anyone else interested in doing this, it is very easy to do in Aviutl (free).

Just create a Snow animation and replace the snow flakes with any PNG files you want. Speed, Angle and intensity is fully customized.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Aviutl also has a straight up particle generator if you want to go that route. Here's something I quickly through together using Snow animation with leaves instead.
    Image Attached Files
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote