VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello.
    I had started another thread yesterday, buy following an advice there, another problem came up!
    Deleting the LowerFilters in registry (which had a value for AnyDVD) caused AnyDVD to stop working and crash on launch.
    I uninstalled, re-installed, nothing.
    Used DVDFab Passkey instead and it was working but then I did the stupid thing of deleting the Lowerfilters again when they had a value for DVDfab Passkey (trying to find a solution to my other problem), and now this stopped working too!
    Re-installs don't solve the problem.

Any idea?
    I'm getting crazy here and i can't play ANY bluray at all without these programs!
    I'd appreciate the help!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Go back to a restore point made before you deleted the filters.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    What Kerry56 said. It's also somewhat possible that your burner problem in the other thread is actually some kind of software problem if you've got this going on. Restoring to a restore point in the past may solve everything. If you come back and tell us that you don't have a restore point to restore from, then you're probably SOL and will have to do a destructive complete reinstall of Windows.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks for your replies.
    System restore never works in my system, and as it turned out, it didn't work now either!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Well, the first thing I would do would be to talk to the folks on the Slysoft forums and see if they have a solution for re-installing AnyDVD and getting it to work. They know the workings of their program better than anyone else, so speak directly to them.

If you have to reinstall or do a repair install of the operating system, you really should look into making image backups of your operating system hard drive once you have everything working properly. Especially since you don't seem to have system restore. Both Seagate and Western Digital offer free versions of Acronis for backup purposes, and though not full versions, they will do fine for an emergency backup image. You'll need a second drive in the system to store the image, or an external drive.

The Seagate and WD versions will work as long as you have a hard drive in your computer from one of those companies. Most people do these days.
    Quote Quote  
  6. well, it's not an AnyDVD specific problem.
    DVDfab passkey doesn't work either.
    I read somehwere that when you delete the filters, some softwares that use the drive may not work and you should have to re-install them..

As for the other you said, making a fresh re-install of windows would be out of the question now.
    I would need days to put everything back and functioning properly..

Maybe i should try the firmware update for my drive?
    Although i fear there in case of something more serious!

or something like restore defaults in BIOS?
    (i don't know these things either. I'm not so advanced)
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search PM
    Try this
    Uninstall AnyDvd and use CCleaner to clean temp files and registry
    Reboot
    Go to Device Manager
    Uninstall all optical drives
    Reboot
    Let windows find and re-install them
    Reboot
    Install AnyDvd

No guarantees though
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by thinredline View Post
    Thanks for your replies.
    System restore never works in my system, and as it turned out, it didn't work now either!
    What version of Windows do you have then? I'm not going to tell you that it's impossible for it not to work, but problems were a lot more common on older Windows like XP and below. It's also possible you don't have restore points set up correctly. I'm not optimistic you can fix your many problems without a complete reinstall of Windows and everything else, especially if you are using XP or below. I still feel that it is unlikely that the firmware update will fix your problem. I would normally call it low risk, but no offense, you couldn't even get a restore to work properly so I'm reserving judgement about the risk in your case.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    Originally Posted by thinredline View Post
    Thanks for your replies.
    What version of Windows do you have then? I'm not going to tell you that it's impossible for it not to work, but problems were a lot more common on older Windows like XP and below. It's also possible you don't have restore points set up correctly. I'm not optimistic you can fix your many problems without a complete reinstall of Windows and everything else, especially if you are using XP or below. I still feel that it is unlikely that the firmware update will fix your problem. I would normally call it low risk, but no offense, you couldn't even get a restore to work properly so I'm reserving judgement about the risk in your case.

I have Windows 7 64bit.
    Well, i usually use an uninstaller software, and this creates the restore points before doing anything.
    But I remember i had created manually some restore points, and still it didn't work.

Originally Posted by gonca View Post
    Try this
    Uninstall AnyDvd and use CCleaner to clean temp files and registry
    Reboot
    Go to Device Manager
    Uninstall all optical drives
    Reboot
    Let windows find and re-install them
    Reboot
    Install AnyDvd

No guarantees though
    I had done all this.
    well, it seems I got anyDVD to work at least. (i hope I won't need DVDFab passkey in the future).
    It seems my antivirus (Panda), quarantined a file without me knowing it.
    So, when i made an exception for that file, and for the whole AnyDVD folder and re-installed, the problem was solved.

Now, back to problem no 1 in the other thread..

Thank you all for your input here.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!