VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey everyone!
    I have a rip of a BluRay with 5.1 DTS-MA audio. When I play it back, the narration dialog is very loud, but the regular dialog and other sound in the film is very quiet.
    I thought this had to do with DRC, so I converted it to AC3 hopefully to level out the noise. I found that it made no difference.
    Even when I select dynamic volume on my receiver, which levels out the volume while playing, the film is pretty much unwatchable without constantly having to adjust the volume manually.

I converted the DTS file to WAV with AVIDemux, just so I can open the WAV in Cool Edit to see if the center channel is excessively high. It doesn't seem to be, however I want to lower the volume on it just to test. I can't seem to export multitrack WAV with Cool Edit, or find a DTS/AC3 encoder that allows me to load separate WAV files for multitrack ..

I tried BeSweet 0.7b4 to encode it to AC3, trying different settings. I put all the settings in, and try lowering the center channel volume by 6db, but when I click Go, nothing happens. The program doesn't crash, it just does nothing. Here's what I see:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	besweet.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	27316

What are some things I can do to encode this stream to correct this?
    Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    DO you have besweet.exe in same folder as the gui?

But as it hasn't been updated for a long time it might work good in win7/8.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have besweet. Maybe it's buggered because I'm using windows 7.
    Is there another program that will accept a multi channel WAV and allow me to edit it?
    Then what program can I use to convert it back to DTS?
    Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!