VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello everyone:

I'm new to this forum, but if I had basic knowledge of auditing but to create my DVD projects. I'm using the DVD LAB PRO 2.51 and my problem is regarding the Title Button does not go to the menu that (PLAY, SCENE SELECTION, EXTRAS, etc) buttons are displayed ONLY.

The catch is that I only binding to the "MAINMENUOPCIONAL" to "MainMenu" with the "MENU BUTTON LINK", by which the VMG and Trailer tool to tighten as much as "Title Button" and "Menu Button" go to MAINMENUOPCIONAL (first time), from there everything is normal as do traidicionales DVDs, like if I give a second time (when I'm in "MAINMENUOPCIONAL") only button on the menu control leaves the "MAINMENUOPCIONAL" to "MainMenu "all good from there.

Now the problem is, since it is in the "MainMenu" by pressing the button "Title Button" this should be in the same "MainMenu", by which does not do that, if not return the "MainMenu" to "MAINMENUOPCIONAL" and when I want to give you back the "Title Button" again stays in the "MAINMENUOPCIONAL" is not going to "MainMenu" as it should be.

It would be nice to answer me to my problem, I already look for tutorials on this but only found the reference of the "MENU BUTTON LINK" for not making more complex connections.

The question is how you should do ?, if there is any tool or programming for the "VTS ROOT" and "VTS" Normal in the "Title Button"?

Leave a link for the structure, is in "RAR" format.

Sorry my bad english XD
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You will never get to "Main Menu" by pressing Title button on a remount control. It will always go beck to a ROOT menu since this is a principal menu in VTS and your main menu is a secondary one.
    You have two options:
    1) Easy one is to putt all buttons from Main Menu to Root Menu
    2) Not so easy: You can assign an "R" (registry) value to a button in Root which links Main menu and insert a command in Pree Command section of Root Menu that when R is your value than go to Main Menu, than the remount will do what you want, but First play will play only on initial insertion of a DVD into the player.
    Last edited by tinker; 13th Sep 2014 at 15:18.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, thanks for responding to my problem. I read your message, but not much programming as I'm new to this. Rather I modified what you're quoting me, but assign and create a command, not a lot. By now if you will revise and tell me step by step how to do with the command (with images would be good).

Also clarify that the image I have placed two types of arrows remember what goes to press the menu button and the button title. To give you an idea of ​​how the operation.

THANX... sorry my bad english..
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi
    I did not forget about you, but had to refresh my memory since it has been a while when I used DVD Lab.
    I will send some pictures later, because right now I am quite busy.
    For starters, you do not need to start your project with VMG menu since all your movies are in the same VTS. Normal (VTS+ menu) is sufficient in your case.
    You also have to understand that a Menu button will always return to a designated menu in the same VTS. Those are Root, Audio, Chapter, Angle and few other menus. You can navigate to any other sub-menus from there using a command.
    Title button can go to all those designated menus plus any movie (Title) in any VTS. That is all done by command.
    DVD Lab is putting all commands for you by simply linking different sections together. It is a very good software for that, but a little more difficult to do your own commands because there are some restriction in using GPRM, since some of them are used in abstraction layer which allows you to do just links to an object.
    First play is exactly what it say. It will play something on insertion of a DVD and than go from there to wherever you want. That is all done through VMG domain. DVD Lab does all that for you by simply allowing you to link to certain objects. First play will never repeat unless you reinsert DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here is a command and connection file. I am using GPRM11 because that is the one which changes when you use a Menu Connection icon.
    Look at the command file. Right click on a Title Button, you will get( Edit VM Command) bar, left click on that and in editing window add command as shown.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Command.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	168.0 KB
ID:	27585  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Connection.bmp
Views:	297
Size:	497.9 KB
ID:	27586  

Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, thanks for helping. Rather another query. What if I have to cells, bone in the main menu have sub divided into three cells, cell 1 would be the animation is started until the radio buttons appear, then cell 2 would be the longer buttons pending the animation playback so that by passing the cell 3 again is ONLY reset the animation but the radio buttons are already without the need to restart it all over again.
    Now, pressing as much as the TITLE BUTTON and MENU BUTTON buttons for the first time to start the DVD, you must go to the beginning of the animation, and when pressed a second time as much as the TITLE BUTTON and MENU BUTTON this must happen automatically to the cell 3.
    As well when you enter the scene selection, languages or extras, and return to the MAIN MENU, it should call the cell 3.
    How would that?. as serious programming ?. would be good to do it step by step (with pictures). And excuse me to ask another query again, but thanks for the help.

Here I put some images. The first is the topology of the structure and the second is to be the main menu with the split cells.

Name:	Top01.png
Views:	282
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	28052

Name:	Mainmenu.png
Views:	323
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	28053

sorry for slow to respond....
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The part with splitting a cell can be done, but DVD Lab editor does not let you change a cell command section. You will have to use some other editor like PGCEdit, it is a free software, but little harder to use.
    The part with the double button click cannot be done, because DVD is not set up that way. By pressing those buttons will always get you to the beginning of Title or Root Menu.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Conditional jumping or linking to better keep DVD navigation terminology (linking within a PGC) to certain cell in menu is better done in PGCEdit as was said. You need to set a flag after going through that menu first time and be checking that flag (a register value) upon entering root menu. It is very easy but very difficult to explain.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks, I found the solution. Thanks anyway.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!