VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 27
FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks racer for your MT-Z tutorial! Actually all ur tutorials r top notch!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by PhotoCat View Post
    Originally Posted by MaverickTse View Post
    A practical use of background remover: when the background interfere with tracking.

With either MK-I or MK-II, the blocks are likely lost when crossing the sky-ground boundary
    [Attachment 28594 - Click to enlarge]

Apply the kNN background subtraction.
    Track this block-only image with your method-of-choice:
    (I tracked the bottom block with MK-II mode 3, while the left one with MK-II mode 1)
    [Attachment 28595 - Click to enlarge]

Use EXO Stacker to merge the two EXO, and load into Adv.Editing for final composition.
    [Attachment 28596 - Click to enlarge]

I have attached the source video AVI so that you can try it yourself.

this avi source doesn't seem to work... ?!
    Get UtVideo codec/K-lite codec pack standard
    Stopping development until someone save me from poverty or get me out of Hong Kong...
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM

---got it! working! tks @MT!

what is the reason u use it over Lagarith loss codec? just curious

tks!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by PhotoCat View Post

what is the reason u use it over Lagarith loss codec? just curious

tks!

UT's key strength is decoding speed. Very low latency. This makes it useful for lossless intermediates in editing programs (you can playback in realtime, adjust sync, etc...) . You can also encode/decode in ffmpeg, so easy to batch process

Lagarith offers slightly better compression, but slower to encode and decode . It does have "null frames" option, so it offers tremendous compression advantage if you scenes have completely identical static content . Cannot encode with ffmpeg, only decode

MagicYUV is slightly faster than UT, but no ffmpeg support, relatively new (not as thoroughly tested on platforms, applications)

If you want absolutely the best compression, then something like FFV1 is usually the best for YUV sources. Very sluggish, not meant for editing, only archival uses. Occasionally, x264 lossless with custom settings may deliver slightly better compression on some sources
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    tks poisondeathray! vy informative I should start using more UT's then...
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by PhotoCat View Post

tks!
    But I can't track the "P" blocks though using mkii... It always gives me the first frame for object selection but
    in the first frame the "P" blocks are too high to be seen. Not sure how @MT did it...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I uploaded a new tutorial on animating multiple objects by grouping them into a scene. I'm not sure if that is the correct way, but it works for animated transitions. I can't seem to get it to work for direct animations however. It may be useful to someone anyway.

I posted it on the 1st post and here is a link: https://forum.videohelp.com/attachments/28942-1417569088/Group_Animation_tut.mp4

Here is an example.
    Image Attached Files
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by PhotoCat View Post

tks!
    But I can't track the "P" blocks though using mkii... It always gives me the first frame for object selection but
    in the first frame the "P" blocks are too high to be seen. Not sure how @MT did it...
    Need to be more "flexible" in your thinking
    Of course I can't track something invisible, I did NOT track from FRAME 1.
    Select the RANGE of frames to be processed first, then click on the "select object" button.
    This button always gives you the frame of starting selection.
    Stopping development until someone save me from poverty or get me out of Hong Kong...
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
    I uploaded a new tutorial on animating multiple objects by grouping them into a scene. I'm not sure if that is the correct way, but it works for animated transitions. I can't seem to get it to work for direct animations however. It may be useful to someone anyway.

I posted it on the 1st post and here is a link: https://forum.videohelp.com/attachments/28942-1417569088/Group_Animation_tut.mp4

Here is an example.
    This is one of the solutions.
    but note that in scenes other than ROOT, "filter objects" like "sub-filter" and "scene change" will not work.(grayed-out)

Another method is using the "group control" object.

The scene-grouping method is best for looping animation, e.g. wheel-like movement, for more than 2 cycles.
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM

Select the RANGE of frames to be processed first, then click on the "select object" button.
    LOL! U r right... Too late at night
    Still I lost the "P" when it is crossing the tree/sky or sky/ground boundary... Fun nevertheless!
    Thanks @MT!
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by PhotoCat View Post

LOL! U r right... Too late at night
    Still I lost the "P" when it is crossing the tree/sky or sky/ground boundary... Fun nevertheless!
    Thanks @MT!
    Yes, I have tried almost ALL available methods in the OpenCV library and ALL FAILED at the boundary or near to the tree trunk.
    That's why I created the background remover.
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by racer-x View Post

Here is an example.
    This is one of the solutions.
    but note that in scenes other than ROOT, "filter objects" like "sub-filter" and "scene change" will not work.(grayed-out)

Another method is using the "group control" object.

The scene-grouping method is best for looping animation, e.g. wheel-like movement, for more than 2 cycles.
    I forgot about Media Object > Group Control. Yes that allows much more manipulation options, thanks.........
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    EXA file generation?

The page-curl effect is very nice! Well done racer! I have been playing around with SimplyWrapV2 as well to reproduce your results...
    How do you save the final animation tweak into an .EXA file? Just cut & paste from the .EXO file? Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search PM
    Got it... right click on animation panel and save settings-> create an alias with the current settings
    This is cool! Now I can be making a lot of custom animations
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    High resolution jpg file in slideshow. How to zoom to 1:1 in high quality?

I have imported a jpg file of size 5616x3744 using Maverick's auto shrink plugin. However,
    I have discovered that when I zoomed the image in aviutl to 100%, the quality was significantly
    worse than my image viewer (faststone) in 100% view (ie less detail, less sharp). Is there anyway to preserve
    the original image quality in aviutl when zoomed in?

I am guessing the auto shrink plugin will just shrink down the image file into a smaller sized image that
    aviutl can handle, and therefore zooming with aviutl of the same image will not bring back the original
    image quality. Not sure if this is the reason...

Thinking about a workaround... Should I just crop the original image in the face area rather than shrink it... ?

Anything I am missing? Pls advise! Thanks!
    Yeah, that's right, I just shrink whatever oversized image to what AviUtl can handle at current settings.
    The size that you just loaded the image is ALREADY the MAXIMUM AviUtl can handle properly. If you magnify it, even by 1 pixel, the usual problems occur.

Ask your self again do you really need such resolution. Are you making an A0 poster instead of making a video?

5616x3744, when expanded in memory, leads to a 80MB RGBA data block. Considering the intermediate shrunken image, you can take it as 100MB.

If you need an oversized background while only need to show part of it at a time, try using the SVG Custom object.
    First embed you image in SVG using Adobe Illustrator or InkScape (If using Inkscape, do not apply any deformation);
    Then add "Adv@svg-render-EN", point it to your SVG file.
    ok, finally tried to embed a 21meg 5616x3744 jpg file into .svg using Illustrator. Unfortunately when I import the .svg file into aviutl as
    a SVG custom object (adv@svg-render-EN), aviutl was almost ground to a halt - it became vy slow. The preview screen is black though.
    Tried auto@svg-render-EN & basic@svg-render-EN. Same thing.
    Last edited by PhotoCat; 5th Dec 2014 at 21:57.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by PhotoCat View Post
    High resolution jpg file in slideshow. How to zoom to 1:1 in high quality?

I have imported a jpg file of size 5616x3744 using Maverick's auto shrink plugin. However,
    I have discovered that when I zoomed the image in aviutl to 100%, the quality was significantly
    worse than my image viewer (faststone) in 100% view (ie less detail, less sharp). Is there anyway to preserve
    the original image quality in aviutl when zoomed in?

I am guessing the auto shrink plugin will just shrink down the image file into a smaller sized image that
    aviutl can handle, and therefore zooming with aviutl of the same image will not bring back the original
    image quality. Not sure if this is the reason...

Thinking about a workaround... Should I just crop the original image in the face area rather than shrink it... ?

Anything I am missing? Pls advise! Thanks!
    Yeah, that's right, I just shrink whatever oversized image to what AviUtl can handle at current settings.
    The size that you just loaded the image is ALREADY the MAXIMUM AviUtl can handle properly. If you magnify it, even by 1 pixel, the usual problems occur.

Ask your self again do you really need such resolution. Are you making an A0 poster instead of making a video?

5616x3744, when expanded in memory, leads to a 80MB RGBA data block. Considering the intermediate shrunken image, you can take it as 100MB.

If you need an oversized background while only need to show part of it at a time, try using the SVG Custom object.
    First embed you image in SVG using Adobe Illustrator or InkScape (If using Inkscape, do not apply any deformation);
    Then add "Adv@svg-render-EN", point it to your SVG file.
    ok, finally tried to embed a 21meg 5616x3744 jpg file into .svg using Illustrator. Unfortunately when I import the .svg file into aviutl as
    a SVG custom object (adv@svg-render-EN), aviutl was almost ground to a halt - it became vy slow. The preview screen is black though.
    Tried auto@svg-render-EN & basic@svg-render-EN. Same thing.
    Split your image into several tiles (e.g. 4x4) in an image editor, then assemble them back using the right coordinate in AviUtl. Use the Group Control Object to control the assembled tiles' movement.
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search PM
    "Split your image into several tiles (e.g. 4x4) in an image editor, then assemble them back using the right coordinate in AviUtl. Use the Group Control Object to control the assembled tiles' movement."

Tks! will try that...
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search PM
    Intermittent problem with right click on layers track... anyone?

On the layer track, when I right click to insert a new object/text, sometimes I have to
    right click a few times to get the manual.
    One right click, manual popped up right away but gone right away. Needed to click a gain... gone again.
    Then perhaps the 3rd or 4th time, the manual stayed and I could start doing something...

Anyone experienced this? Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    "Split your image into several tiles (e.g. 4x4) in an image editor, then assemble them back using the right coordinate in AviUtl. Use the Group Control Object to control the assembled tiles' movement."

Tks! will try that...
    It almost worked except at the end... when zooming out...
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by PhotoCat; 6th Dec 2014 at 11:02.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I downloaded and am trying out Aviutl extrapack1-9. It gives multiple error boxes at startup "Multiple Advanced Editing plug-ins have been registered. There is a possibility that it may not operate normally" Why does it look for "logodata.ldp" ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @ PhotoCat. My camera (t2i) shoots 5184 x 3456. I set system resolution @ 5184 x 5184 and it seems to work fine in my test.....
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks racer. Mine said insufficient memory & crashed! I only hv 10GB memory... but this is 32bit app anyway...
    I set the max input size to 5616x5616 but created the project at 1080p.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
    I downloaded and am trying out Aviutl extrapack1-9. It gives multiple error boxes at startup "Multiple Advanced Editing plug-ins have been registered. There is a possibility that it may not operate normally" Why does it look for "logodata.ldp" ?
    Strange... can you do a
    Code:
    dir exedit*.auf /b
    and give me the output?

Check the MD5 of the 7z archive, for
    XP Pack: FC06DB3D1B67A405E4DC5262BDD21062
    Win7 Pack: 9CC71BB5F397CD56B22C29636C5926D6

Perhaps you got the wrong archive
    Last edited by MaverickTse; 6th Dec 2014 at 21:11.
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by PhotoCat View Post
    Thanks racer. Mine said insufficient memory & crashed! I only hv 10GB memory... but this is 32bit app anyway...
    Try right-clicking on the timeline > Preference, then reduce the following values:
    Name:  cache_reduce_exedit.png
Views: 1395
Size:  1.4 KB

An also:
    SYSTEM SETTINGS > Frames to cache
    --> reduce to 2
    Last edited by MaverickTse; 6th Dec 2014 at 21:32.
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  25. Memory usage analysis on large (internal) image:

Settings:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	10.png
Views:	521
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	28989Name:  11.png
Views: 1444
Size:  4.4 KB

Free memory:
    FullHD empty project→ 2,490,880K

Name:	01.png
Views:	440
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	28991

1x 2000px*2000px square → 1,989,568K
    2x 2000px*2000px square → 1,989,312K
    4x 2000px*2000px square → 1,989,312K

Name:	02.png
Views:	422
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	28992Click image for larger version

Name:	04.png
Views:	390
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	28993Click image for larger version

Name:	03.png
Views:	419
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	28994

+Group Control → 1,981,632K
    +Camera Control → 1,364,544K

+Camera Effect:Target Center rotation → 858,304K

+Group Control+Offscreen drawing+Gradient → 842,304K

Name:	05.png
Views:	455
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	28995Click image for larger version

Name:	08.png
Views:	434
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	28996Click image for larger version

Name:	07.png
Views:	384
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	28997Click image for larger version

Name:	06.png
Views:	448
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	28998
    //
    read a 3648x2736 JPEG via internal reader → 1,495,360K

read a 3648x2736 JPEG via AutoShrink→ 1,285,120K

Name:	21.png
Views:	574
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	28999Click image for larger version

Name:	22.png
Views:	478
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	29000
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
    Strange... can you do a
    Code:
    dir exedit*.auf /b
    and give me the output?

Check the MD5 of the 7z archive, for
    XP Pack: FC06DB3D1B67A405E4DC5262BDD21062
    Win7 Pack: 9CC71BB5F397CD56B22C29636C5926D6

Perhaps you got the wrong archive
    I downloaded via the link on this site, that one did not work well. Then I went to your site to download the win7 x64 version, that one works just fine so far.

Thanks for the updates!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I did a test setting system size to 6000 x 6000 and got insufficient memory error, but it worked anyway. I'm running an Intel Q9300 with 4 GB Ram on win7 x64. I'm using the latest Aviutl 1-9.

You'll probably have to render each large image one at a time to a lossless codec, then re-import. Attached is a screen grab while rendering:
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	6k.png
Views:	566
Size:	254.6 KB
ID:	29002  

Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search PM
    tks @MT & racer! I am trying out avitul 1-9 too but I got a virus alert (suspected)
    upon unpacking.

from the file: Spectrum_View.auf
    virus is Win32:Evo-gen

My antivirus is Avast

I downloaded the package from this site.
    Quote Quote  
  29. I get the virus alert from ImasUncaption.auf - as in 1.8. Win 8/Avira reporting TR/Crypt.ZPACK.Gen7.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I uploaded a tutorial for Image Morphing with Aviutl. Filter Effects > Animation Effects > Morphing. It's a good effect when you adjust the settings. It's good for making a JackAss out of your friend for example....................

Link: https://forum.videohelp.com/attachments/29010-1417992368/Morphing_tut.mp4

Example animated gif....
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	donkey.gif
Views:	1801
Size:	468.4 KB
ID:	29011  

Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!