VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 27
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Found another way to increase Aviutl RAM utilization to 4GB in windows7 x64 and it worked for me! I saw RAM committed to Aviutl at 3.6GB at one point
    However, I found the avfs file mounting route much more stable.

Here is the 4GB Patch Link anyway. May work better for some but not for deshaker.

http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    For a video clip in the time line, how do u quickly extend the last frame into the next 5 seconds as a still pic (for example) without using mid-points? Tks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    For a video clip in the time line, how do u quickly extend the last frame into the next 5 seconds as a still pic (for example) without using mid-points? Tks!
    1) Go to last frame > hit "S" key to split.
    2) Make sure last frame clip is selected and set vPlay = 0.
    3) Check "Loop Playback" then stretch to desired length.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
    1) Go to last frame > hit "S" key to split.
    2) Make sure last frame clip is selected and set vPlay = 0.
    3) Check "Loop Playback" then stretch to desired length.
    Wow, this is such a gem racer-x! Thanks so much once again!
    Love your aviutl video tutorials and have learned a lot from u!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by PhotoCat View Post
    Here is the zipfile.
    I have also noticed that:

1) A static image gets clipped too
    2) jpg directly out of camera doesn't work vy well as aviutl doesn't rotate it 90 degrees automatically.

Thanks!
    1>
    Your source image is excessively large (1872x2808), while by default AviUtl handles only 1920x1080 (you can change this value however)
    You can shrink the image to 25% prior loading to AviUtl and it should work correctly

2> Such function is not implemented or planned. Use the "Rotation" parameter instead.
    Stopping development until someone save me from poverty or get me out of Hong Kong...
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by PhotoCat View Post
    Somehow drag and drop to import images or video doesn't work any more. I have to manually add a media item & click on reference file.
    How can I fix it? tks!
    D&D support is implemented via "exedit.ini"
    Check if the file format you need to support is defined in this file.
    Stopping development until someone save me from poverty or get me out of Hong Kong...
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by PhotoCat View Post
    Found another way to increase Aviutl RAM utilization to 4GB in windows7 x64 and it worked for me! I saw RAM committed to Aviutl at 3.6GB at one point
    However, I found the avfs file mounting route much more stable.

Here is the 4GB Patch Link anyway. May work better for some but not for deshaker.

http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php
    Launch AviUtl as Admin then:
    SETTINGS > SYSTEM > Enable Large Address Aware >Restart AviUtl
    should achieve similar effect.

but some FX may fail
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  8. More comprehensive comparisons:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	AviUtl-4GBpatch.png
Views:	892
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	28209Click image for larger version

Name:	AviUtl-noLAA.png
Views:	937
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	28210Click image for larger version

Name:	AviUtl-LAA.png
Views:	946
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	28211

pay attention to the "Free" row.

So the 4GB patch is equivalent to enabling the LAA option
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Tks for the good info Maverick!

For the D&D, it was working b4 and the .avs video file format is included in the exedit.ini file.
    So something changed... not sure which...
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    In jointing clips, to allow fade-in and fade-out between 2 clips, I often hv to place the
    2 clips slightly overlapping each other. Is there a quick to automate this? Thanks!
    Last edited by PhotoCat; 29th Oct 2014 at 23:00.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    aviutl works better with smaller image file. Tks for the tips Maverick!
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by PhotoCat View Post
    Tks for the good info Maverick!

For the D&D, it was working b4 and the .avs video file format is included in the exedit.ini file.
    So something changed... not sure which...
    May be there is a problem with the script, avisynth, the plugin or the avsf. Try using a basic script.
    OR
    switching the priority between L-Smash Works and DirectShow File Reader

Again, I STRONGLY DISCOURAGE anyone mixing a variety of avisynth plugins, virtualdub plugins and use it with ANY other editing program.
    That is calling for problem.(Run out of RAM, Crash, Overheat, Corrupted image...)

Without special reason, please encode once after extensive processing by one program before feeding the output to the next program
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    It is strange. After I copied the entire aviutl install folder to do the 4GB mod. The new aviutl in a new folder is running fine with D&D.
    Besides this issue, I have found that aviutl is sometimes forgetful about the system configuration. For example I did
    try the long address awareness but the next day it is forgotten. I did exit and open aviutl again.

The running of aviutl seems stable fortunately when it doesn't run out of memory.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by PhotoCat View Post
    It is strange. After I copied the entire aviutl install folder to do the 4GB mod. The new aviutl in a new folder is running fine with D&D.
    Besides this issue, I have found that aviutl is sometimes forgetful about the system configuration. For example I did
    try the long address awareness but the next day it is forgotten. I did exit and open aviutl again.

The running of aviutl seems stable fortunately when it doesn't run out of memory.
    Nope. The Large Address Aware option is hardcoded in the program binary. That means you need to launch Aviutl "As Administrator" via right-click menu in order to change this option.
    If you launch via simple double click, the LAA option will reset on next restart.

If turning on the LAA/4GB option lets you read the AVS script, that means the script itself is taking too much memory. This'd suggest it is a very bad idea to load the AVS into the NLE.
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    Drag and Drop is still not working... .jpg and .mp4 are in the exedit.ini file.
    Now just have to use right-click and place media object... image ... reference image...
    Turned on all D&D options...
    All was working b4! Win7 x64
    Any clue? Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by PhotoCat View Post
    Drag and Drop is still not working... .jpg and .mp4 are in the exedit.ini file.
    Now just have to use right-click and place media object... image ... reference image...
    Turned on all D&D options...
    All was working b4! Win7 x64
    Any clue? Thanks!
    Try deleting the "aviutl.ini" file. See if that resets everything.....
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks racer-x for helping out. No, didn't fix D&D. Also deleted all the exedit.* files and copied the new ones back. Still nothing...
    Just hv to do it the long way in importing the jpg/.avs/.mp4 fies... Hopefully the next version will fix this issue. Thanks!

For image import, I have resized all my images such that the long side is =< 1920 pixels. No clipping any more and it seems to work now.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by PhotoCat View Post
    Thanks racer-x for helping out. No, didn't fix D&D. Also deleted all the exedit.* files and copied the new ones back. Still nothing...
    Just hv to do it the long way in importing the jpg/.avs/.mp4 fies... Hopefully the next version will fix this issue. Thanks!

For image import, I have resized all my images such that the long side is =< 1920 pixels. No clipping any more and it seems to work now.

Thanks!
    Only the long side <1920 is NOT ENOUGH.
    I said the default was limited to 1920x1080, so: Width<=1920 while Height<=1080

I can't reproduce your problem on D&D. Need details:
    MediaInfo report on your mp4
    The JPEG file in concern
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    went back to the program zip file and extracted aviutl again in another folder... Now D&D works again...
    Perhaps I should somehow "diff" the 2 installation folders & see what is different...
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search PM
    Tried to file sync the old and new install folders, one file at a time. Eventually all files are syncéd up
    but still D&D not working for the old install folder! This is really weird!
    I am on win7 x64. Perhaps the ICON property is affecting it? Do I have to use compatibility mode?
    Admin mode? Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search PM
    Oh... just copying the old install folder from drive C: to drive E: seemed to fix the problem!
    I will do more tests as I use the installation on drive E:
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by PhotoCat View Post
    Oh... just copying the old install folder from drive C: to drive E: seemed to fix the problem!
    I will do more tests as I use the installation on drive E:
    Then it looks like you have a HDD/filesystem problem, malware/antivirus may also corrupt files.
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search PM
    Malwarebytes & avast said ok. I think it is permission etc. on drive C: but I did run it in admin mode... puzzling...
    Will need to test it more to say it is really working on drive E:
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by PhotoCat View Post
    Malwarebytes & avast said ok. I think it is permission etc. on drive C: but I did run it in admin mode... puzzling...
    Will need to test it more to say it is really working on drive E:
    Nope.
    C drive root and Desktop should have no permission problem with Win7 default UAC setting.
    I have aviutl in MANY places: C:, Desktop, H:
    Using NOD32 as antivirus.

So it is a problem with your machine.(likely HDD)
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search PM
    I think the problem is that aviutl crashed many times and my computer was hanging and therefore I had to kill it using the task manager.
    Something went wrong during the killing of the process. e.g. some permission attributes/properties was changed or some files locked.
    The crash was due to memory overrun with my .avs file with deshaker.
    So I think I will backup the installation folder when it is running well. Just in case something weird happens, I can recover the setup,
    saving all the personal settings & ffmpeg profiles. Thanks!
    Last edited by PhotoCat; 2nd Nov 2014 at 23:50.
    Quote Quote  
  26. If you know it is the deshaker that probably cause problem, than stop using it with AviUtl. Encode the stabilized video with vDub first.
    Spending days on this issue does not sounds worthy.
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  27. =Call For Tester=

I have made a new bitmap-import plugin that attempts to alleviate the "clipping problem" when reading over-sized image.
    Details HERE: http://mavericktse.mooo.com/wordpress/archives/1938

Please, Aviutl users, have a test on it and report if any crash or unexpected behavior occur.

DO read the readme or the blog post content before you begin.

Thx!
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search PM
    Yay! Tks Maverick! I will test the clipping fix!

BTW, if I don't wanna backup the whole install folder, what files should I
    backup to recover all the settings? Trying to save diskspace here. Tks!
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by PhotoCat View Post
    Yay! Tks Maverick! I will test the clipping fix!

BTW, if I don't wanna backup the whole install folder, what files should I
    backup to recover all the settings? Trying to save diskspace here. Tks!
    Just the *.INI should be enough.
    If you happen to use the "Alias" feature, you may need to backup *.EXA also
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search PM
    Tks for the backup tips...

Tried the clipping fix but it is not working:

For placing a video object:
    "Can not read the video because image size is too large
    The maximum image size can be changed in the System Setting"

For placing an image object:
    Still the same clipping

For D&D:
    still the same clipping

Nothing seems to hv changed... I just copies the 2 files into the same folder as aviutl.exe.
    Perhaps there is more I need to do to activate it?? Tks!
    Last edited by PhotoCat; 3rd Nov 2014 at 09:22.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!