VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 27
FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by MaverickTse View Post
    Updated to fix a few broken links:
    http://mavericktse.mooo.com/wordpress/archives/2302

I have informed VH to update the file here but may takes a few hours.
    Fantastic! Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I've install vers 1.12 today.

I often start a project by dragging an image to the timeline and use "Match imported file".

With vers 1.11 this will give me a framerate for the project as the last I set.
    With vers 1.12 this gives me a framerate of 1 fps - perhaps not so expedient.

I know how to circumvent it but just wondering if it's a bug?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by videobruger View Post
    I've install vers 1.12 today.

I often start a project by dragging an image to the timeline and use "Match imported file".

With vers 1.11 this will give me a framerate for the project as the last I set.
    With vers 1.12 this gives me a framerate of 1 fps - perhaps not so expedient.

I know how to circumvent it but just wondering if it's a bug?
    As stated in the changelog, I have not changed anything except for the DL links for x264 and x265.
    Try creating a project normally by defining a framerate, save it and close, then try D&D again.
    Stopping development until someone save me from poverty or get me out of Hong Kong...
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  4. Try creating a project normally by defining a framerate, save it and close, then try D&D again.
    Which was one of the first things I did, Didn't change anything. Still get 1 fps.

As I said it's not a big thing for me. I just find it strange.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Try creating a project normally by defining a framerate, save it and close, then try D&D again.
    Which was one of the first things I did, Didn't change anything. Still get 1 fps.

As I said it's not a big thing for me. I just find it strange.
    Quote Quote  
  6. What might cause Aviutl to skip some frames? I tried editing down a video to a 50 frame clip only to find that the result was only 40 frames? When I examined the clip, I could definitely see that some frames had been skipped in the middle.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    What might cause Aviutl to skip some frames? I tried editing down a video to a 50 frame clip only to find that the result was only 40 frames? When I examined the clip, I could definitely see that some frames had been skipped in the middle.
    Most common would probably be a framerate mismatch . e.g your project is running at a lower FPS than the clip FPS . VFR might cause it as well

What type of file is your source ? Use mediainfo (view=>text) if you don't know and copy/paste the text view
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    What might cause Aviutl to skip some frames? I tried editing down a video to a 50 frame clip only to find that the result was only 40 frames? When I examined the clip, I could definitely see that some frames had been skipped in the middle.
    Most common would probably be a framerate mismatch . e.g your project is running at a lower FPS than the clip FPS . VFR might cause it as well

What type of file is your source ? Use mediainfo (view=>text) if you don't know and copy/paste the text view
    THANK YOU! I discovered I'd changed the framerate to 24 fps <- 30 fps (4/5). I changed it back to None and that did the trick. I tested the clip by extracting all the frames and there were exactly 50 of them. Thanks!

Been having another problem maybe you could help me with. I'm trying to edit this video

General
    Complete name : C:\Users\Bruce\Desktop\video.vob
    Format : MPEG-PS
    File size : 439 MiB
    Duration : 11mn 23s
    Overall bit rate mode : Variable
    Overall bit rate : 5 381 Kbps

Video
    ID : 224 (0xE0)
    Format : MPEG Video
    Format version : Version 2
    Format profile : Main@Main
    Format settings, BVOP : Yes
    Format settings, Matrix : Custom
    Format settings, GOP : Variable
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Bit rate : 4 826 Kbps
    Maximum bit rate : 9 800 Kbps
    Width : 720 pixels
    Height : 480 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate : 29.970 (30000/1001) fps
    Standard : NTSC
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.466
    Time code of first frame : 01:21:33;17
    Time code source : Group of pictures header
    GOP, Open/Closed : Open
    GOP, Open/Closed of first frame : Closed
    Stream size : 393 MiB (90%)

Audio
    ID : 189 (0xBD)-128 (0x80)
    Format : AC-3
    Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
    Mode extension : CM (complete main)
    Format settings, Endianness : Big
    Muxing mode : DVD-Video
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 448 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 6 channels
    Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Frame rate : 31.250 fps (1536 spf)
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Delay relative to video : -225ms
    Stream size : 36.5 MiB (8%)

to a 128 frame clip (when I edit the clip out with SolveigMM Video Splitter and extract all the frames, there are 128 of them). But when I try extracting this clip in Aviutl, it tells me there are only 103 frames in it. And I've just tested that by making the clip and extracting all the frames but there are only 35 of them! Not only am I having a problem with the number of frames but the audio and video are WAAAAAAAY out of sync. I've done trial and error tests with changing the audio delay, the framerate, and the play speed info but nothing's worked.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Check the framerate of the project again

Are you using l-smash for the import plugin? Do you see a .lwi index file in the same directory as the video ?

File => settings => import plugin priority ; make sure L-smash is near the top, maybe just below the project file reader. Push ok. You might have to close and re-open aviutl for the settings to stick
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Check the framerate of the project again

Are you using l-smash for the import plugin? Do you see a .lwi index file in the same directory as the video ?

File => settings => import plugin priority ; make sure L-smash is near the top, maybe just below the project file reader. Push ok. You might have to close and re-open aviutl for the settings to stick
    When you say framerate of the project, do you mean where it says change play speed info? The default is 24.105 (then in brackets 3640/151). As the framerate of the video is 29.970, I tried changing play speed info to that but that only resulted in the video being WAAAAAAAY ahead of the audio. I think I'm using L-smash. I assume I am. There is a .lwi file in the folder with the video. What do you mean by the "project" file reader? There is no plugin with that exact name.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I figured this out. I encoded the video with Aviutl, extracted the audio with SolveigMM Video Splitter, muxed them together with MKVToolNix, popped the resulting mkv back into Aviutl, and the a/v sync was perfect. The video was upside down though so I had to use the Reversal filter under Advanced Editing.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    I figured this out. I encoded the video with Aviutl, extracted the audio with SolveigMM Video Splitter, muxed them together with MKVToolNix, popped the resulting mkv back into Aviutl, and the a/v sync was perfect. The video was upside down though so I had to use the Reversal filter under Advanced Editing.
    Seems like a pretty drastic workaround... What version of aviutl ? Can you use mpg2cut2 , cut a sample of the source and post it here ?

Another option is to use avisynth (aviutl accepts avs scripts)

When I say framerate, I mean the project framerate. When you open aviutl, right click on the adv editing timeline and create new project. Enter the image size (dimensions) and frame rate there

The project file reader in the import plugin priority list is "AVIUTL Project File Reader 1.00" , but it might be slightly different in other versions
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Seems like a pretty drastic workaround... What version of aviutl ?
    The latest one. Extra Pack 1.12

Can you use mpg2cut2 , cut a sample of the source and post it here ?
    I'd rather not. It's private. I can give you the MediaInfo but that's all.

Another option is to use avisynth (aviutl accepts avs scripts)
    Too complicated for me. I have no idea about those things.

When I say framerate, I mean the project framerate. When you open aviutl, right click on the adv editing timeline and create new project. Enter the image size (dimensions) and frame rate there
    Tried that. Didn't work. The video's 720x480 but, because I want it to be 16:9, I entered 854x480, but then I put in its correct frame rate and sampling rate, 29.97 and 48. Might the problem have something to do with the audio having a different frame rate, 31.25 (1536 spf), or the delay relative to video, -225 ms?

The project file reader in the import plugin priority list is "AVIUTL Project File Reader 1.00" , but it might be slightly different in other versions
    I have AVI/AVI2 File Reader, L-Smash Works File Reader, JPEG/PNG File Reader, BMP File Reader, AVI File Reader (Video For Windows), AutoShrink Image Reader, Wave File Reader, DirectShow File Reader, CSRI Subtitle Reader, Unspellable Unpronounceable Gobbledygook File Reader, and lastly, DGMPGDec 1.5.8 D2V/AVS Reader. That's it, I'm afraid.
    Quote Quote  
  14. frames may be missing if the input plugin has problem reading the file, or
    total frames may appear wrong if the source has variable framerate.

There is a VFR->CFR checkbox in L-Smash Work setting, try enabling it(but that will make ALL video imported to have the SAME resulting framerate)
    Stopping development until someone save me from poverty or get me out of Hong Kong...
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by MaverickTse View Post
    frames may be missing if the input plugin has problem reading the file, or

There is a VFR->CFR checkbox in L-Smash Work setting, try enabling it(but that will make ALL video imported to have the SAME resulting framerate)
    That did it! Great! Thanks! I'm not worried about the effect that'll have on other videos. I can always change it back.

EDIT: I forgot to mention. When Aviutl encoded the clip this time, it said it was 130 frames. When I extracted the clip with Solveig, there were 128. So did Aviutl duplicate two frames, or did Solveig skip two frames?
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 31st Jan 2016 at 19:59.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Originally Posted by MaverickTse View Post

That did it! Great! Thanks! I'm not worried about the effect that'll have on other videos. I can always change it back.

EDIT: I forgot to mention. When Aviutl encoded the clip this time, it said it was 130 frames. When I extracted the clip with Solveig, there were 128. So did Aviutl duplicate two frames, or did Solveig skip two frames?
    It's hard to tell, but since you have enabled the VFR->CFR feature and the problem fixed, it is likely that LSW added some frames.
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by MaverickTse View Post
    Originally Posted by MaverickTse View Post

It's hard to tell, but since you have enabled the VFR->CFR feature and the problem fixed, it is likely that LSW added some frames.
    Better more than less. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post

Better more than less.

Not necessarily; A VFR=>CFR conversion just adds duplicate frames where the drops approximately were.

Your source file is CFR, more likely it's a source filter issue

I would go frame by frame and check.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post

Better more than less.

Not necessarily; A VFR=>CFR conversion just adds duplicate frames where the drops approximately were.

Sorry, didn't think of checking the thread again because I thought the problem was solved. What do you mean my source file is CFR? I thought it was VFR. I thought that was the problem, that that was why I had to do the VFR=>CFR conversion.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post

Better more than less.

Sorry, didn't think of checking the thread again because I thought the problem was solved. What do you mean my source file is CFR? I thought it was VFR. I thought that was the problem, that that was why I had to do the VFR=>CFR conversion.
    A vob is MPEG2 video in a MPEG2 program stream. That format doesn't support VFR by timecodes. It's CFR only. However, that says nothing about the actual content . You can have repeated frames or fields in various cadences that effectively give you different effective FPS

Mediainfo tells you nothing about the actual content. The framerate might be 30000/1001 (~29.97), but that doesn't tell you if the frames are unique or what pattern of repeats are there
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post

Better more than less.

A vob is MPEG2 video in a MPEG2 program stream. That format doesn't support VFR by timecodes. It's CFR only. However, that says nothing about the actual content . You can have repeated frames or fields in various cadences that effectively give you different effective FPS

Mediainfo tells you nothing about the actual content. The framerate might be 30000/1001 (~29.97), but that doesn't tell you if the frames are unique or what pattern of repeats are there
    Ah, OK. I see what you mean. Well the video that I managed to encode that had the audio in sync looked fine on several loops so if there are one or two frames duplicated that I'm not noticing, it doesn't bother me. Thanks anyway.

EDIT: Remembering what you said about a source filter issue, how would I go about checking/fixing that?
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 5th Feb 2016 at 14:36.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Most reliable way to check IMO is still avisynth, dgindex . But you can try other programs, even vdub with the mpeg2 import plugin. You want to check motion frame by frame to see if there are gaps or repeated frames that aren't supposed to be there. If it's interlaced video, you should have 59.94 individual moments in time represented per second. The only way you can check that is either separate the fields or double rate deinterlace (bob deinterlace) to check

The problem you don't want to have is if some application (not just aviutl) opens up a video and "thinks" the frame rate is lower than it actually is, there is a chance you might be missing frames. If you put it on a 29.97 timeline, sure the frame rate is now 29.97, but it's just filled with duplicate frames, not the original frames (ie. worst case scenario is you have dropped unique frames that have been filled with duplicate frames and the motion becomes less smooth). When you said "The default is 24.105" - that is a red flag and warrants farther investigation
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Most reliable way to check IMO is still avisynth, dgindex . But you can try other programs, even vdub with the mpeg2 import plugin. You want to check motion frame by frame to see if there are gaps or repeated frames that aren't supposed to be there. If it's interlaced video, you should have 59.94 individual moments in time represented per second. The only way you can check that is either separate the fields or double rate deinterlace (bob deinterlace) to check

The problem you don't want to have is if some application (not just aviutl) opens up a video and "thinks" the frame rate is lower than it actually is, there is a chance you might be missing frames. If you put it on a 29.97 timeline, sure the frame rate is now 29.97, but it's just filled with duplicate frames, not the original frames (ie. worst case scenario is you have dropped unique frames that have been filled with duplicate frames and the motion becomes less smooth). When you said "The default is 24.105" - that is a red flag and warrants farther investigation
    Sorry, but you kind of sound like Scotty in Star Trek to me. I don't really understand any of this and have no idea what I'm doing. I know nothing about technical anything. It all just flies right over my head. I have avisynth, I think, but I don't know if I have a GUI for it, and wouldn't know how to use it if I did. If DGMPGDec is just a decoder and not a program, how would I use it to check anything? I have vdub That's no problem. But I'd need numbered, step-by-step instructions on how to check all of what you mentioned there.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Don't need to care too much about the details as long as you get it look right.
    To simplify what PDR is saying (just my interpretation):
    avoid RAW DVD source

As most DVD use interlaced format, the interlacing scheme may give the effect of unstable framerate
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by MaverickTse View Post
    Don't need to care too much about the details as long as you get it look right.
    To simplify what PDR is saying (just my interpretation):
    avoid RAW DVD source

As most DVD use interlaced format, the interlacing scheme may give the effect of unstable framerate
    Will do. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  26. The other topic is covered in other threads, and beyond the scope of an aviutl feedback thread . The short version is the actual content is what matters most. You need to distinguish between fields /frames and various cadences. For example, a film dvd (e.g. a hollywood DVD) would be 23.976 in 29.97 due to repeated fields. You would have to IVTC (inverse telecine) to get back the original film frames. In contrast, an interlaced video would have 59.94 field/s . If you just keep it at 29.97 instead of bob deinterlacing, you throw away 1/2 the information and motion is choppy. There are other types of scenarios and cadences. But a bizarre framerate of 24.105 is very non standard - and is a red flag.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    The other topic is covered in other threads, and beyond the scope of an aviutl feedback thread . The short version is the actual content is what matters most. You need to distinguish between fields /frames and various cadences. For example, a film dvd (e.g. a hollywood DVD) would be 23.976 in 29.97 due to repeated fields. You would have to IVTC (inverse telecine) to get back the original film frames. In contrast, an interlaced video would have 59.94 field/s . If you just keep it at 29.97 instead of bob deinterlacing, you throw away 1/2 the information and motion is choppy. There are other types of scenarios and cadences. But a bizarre framerate of 24.105 is very non standard - and is a red flag.
    I'll be avoiding raw DVD as much as possible but when I can't, I'll bear all that in mind. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Hello I was wondering if any one know how can I do this effect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo4lDmimpng '0:44 to 0:46', the text begin to separate....
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by Saiwo View Post
    Hello I was wondering if any one know how can I do this effect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo4lDmimpng '0:44 to 0:46', the text begin to separate....
    One way to do it is keyframe the movement at different rates. ie. the outside letters move faster than the inside letters. You can do this by using layers.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    .....And that should give you something like this.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Text.gif
Views:	777
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	36965  

Last edited by racer-x; 10th May 2016 at 18:57.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!