VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 27
FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Yes, I'm aware there are various workarounds... but it's more difficult to do, harder to control . Not to mention slower to render with more instances and layers. That's why I said it's too bad those other options cannot be controlled by midpoints, like the other parameters in the standard drawing menu
    Quote Quote  
  2. yea, it is really difficult to use....
    I'm nearly going to give up investigating it...OTZ

Perhaps there are easier script alternatives...
    Stopping development until someone save me from poverty or get me out of Hong Kong...
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  3. It's still a pretty cool plugin/script . There are lots of creative ways to use this.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Almost forgotten that I've included a "Calligraphy" script since EP v1.9 ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	calligraph_moe.gif
Views:	971
Size:	308.0 KB
ID:	29738

(This GIF is created with the new GIF Export Plugin)

Better oriented for Asian characters, but you may find other use.

Attached: sample project that produce the above gif
    Image Attached Files
    Stopping development until someone save me from poverty or get me out of Hong Kong...
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  5. That's cool! What character is that? / What does it say ?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    That's cool! What character is that? / What does it say ?
    It is a famous character in modern day Japanese (otaku) culture:
    「萌え」(romaji IME: Moe)
    (Note that actually I drawn it wrongly in the image.)

Translated to English means "being turned on by sexy/cute object or character"
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  7. I decided to formally bump up the GIF plugin version to 1.0 after a few days of test on Win7 and Win8.1.
    (Info Page: http://mavericktse.mooo.com/wordpress/archives/2028 )
    The biggest improvements are the quality of Ordered-Dither, the Speed of optimization, and the package size.

The "DOWN" side is... Ordered Dither now produce much bigger file as it contains a lot more details,
    and color accuracy suffer at low color count (Perhaps I need to tone down the threshold for scene-change detection)

Samples:

64 colors 109 frames 320x180 o8x8
    Name:  Inami_cheek_red_Small.png
Views: 1018
Size:  107.6 KB
    OLD (299KB)<< >>NEW (691KB)
    Name:  DGE1DemoSmall_o8x8.gif
Views: 912
Size:  298.7 KBName:  DGE2DemoSmall_o8x8_opt.gif
Views: 942
Size:  691.4 KB

64 colors 109 frames 320x180 E-Dither
    OLD-Stucki (1428KB)<< >> NEW (1124KB)
    Name:  DGE1DemoSmall_Stucki.gif
Views: 922
Size:  1.39 MBName:  DGE2DemoSmall_LIQ_opt.gif
Views: 991
Size:  1.10 MB

At really low color count (16 colors)
    Name:  Clare_SkinTone_Small.png
Views: 996
Size:  106.9 KB
    OLD-o8x8 (88KB) << >> NEW-o8x8 (180KB)
    Name:  Old_LowColorO.gif
Views: 943
Size:  88.0 KBName:  LowColorO_opt.gif
Views: 896
Size:  180.4 KB

OLD-Stucki (308KB) << >> NEW (253KB)
    Name:  Old_LowColorStucki.gif
Views: 914
Size:  308.1 KBName:  LowColorE_opt.gif
Views: 859
Size:  253.0 KB

Attachments: Original AVIs
    Image Attached Files
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Here is a much better version of writing in sand using the Line (motion track) as a mask. Dang Paint.net is way too cool.....
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	SOS.gif
Views:	11677
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	29780  

Image Attached Files
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  9. You guys seems really addicted in this kind of calligraphy presentation
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    These examples are just animated mask-reviling Technics for before/after images. I think they're cool anyway........
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I learned how to make an Album in Paint.NET, so I decided to animate it on a Turn Table using Aviutl.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Here's an interesting 3-D space scene I made today. All components were created with Paint.NET, then assembled and animated with Aviutl.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  13. Again optimizing on the inpainting stuff and produced this:
    http://mavericktse.mooo.com/wordpress/archives/2053

IppRepair:: A successor to mtDeSub series

Dumped OpenCV completely and used Intel IPP instead. Also parallelized some code with Cilk Plus. The package is also built using Program-Guided-Optimization to further boost performance
    This results in a significant performance boost and the plugin can now always work at native resolution (no pre-shrinking)

Changes from mtDeSub:
    * More refined edge detection, especially for slender font
    * Auto Canny threshold setting
    * Selection area defined by two left-click on the main screen
    (so that you can use it with Adv.Editing as it no longer requires dragging)
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I learned how to make bubbles in Pait.NET: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/30114-bubbles-making-lots-of-them/

They look good when used with the particle emitter in Aviutl.

Name:	bubbles.gif
Views:	4008
Size:	2.56 MB
ID:	29964  

Quote Quote  
  15. ↑ more suitable on a "magical girl transformation scene", "bathing scene" or "love comedy" situation
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MaverickTse View Post
    ↑ more suitable on a "magical girl transformation scene", "bathing scene" or "love comedy" situation
    You mean something like this?

Name:	Bubbles2.gif
Views:	1338
Size:	2.17 MB
ID:	29965  

Quote Quote  
  17. umm... adding some fog and fading out the fog towards the top will be even better

... Is it fine to skip the mosaic/blurring?
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Soccer Ball animation. All components were created in Paint.NET, then animated in AviUtl v1.10. I needed a reason to play with the new version.

Name:	soccerball.gif
Views:	1868
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	30087  

Quote Quote  
  19. try to load some VFR video (e.g. WMV8), see if there is any sync problem.
    this VFR support in L-Samsh Works should fix a lot of sync issues encountered in previous release
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
    ↑ more suitable on a "magical girl transformation scene", "bathing scene" or "love comedy" situation
    You mean something like this?
    Ummm...I see some nipsters in there. Is that kosher? hahaha
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Marilyn Monroe is a classic, she looks good in anything. This is no different than the see through blouses the women wore back in the 70's. You remember those, don't you?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
    Marilyn Monroe is a classic, she looks good in anything. This is no different than the see through blouses the women wore back in the 70's. You remember those, don't you?
    I guess you're right.
    Quote Quote  
  23. The first Chinese book on AviUtl, "視頻免費編輯指南2014", is now available in Hong Kong from 大眾書局(PopularHK)
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search PM
    Congrats Maverick! Can you give us the link of your marvelous book in the book store?
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by PhotoCat View Post
    Congrats Maverick! Can you give us the link of your marvelous book in the book store?
    See my blog post here:
    http://mavericktse.mooo.com/wordpress/archives/2046

The first link in the post points to "Commercial Press" page, while the second link points to "SuperBook City" where you may purchase online.
    I don't know if they ships overseas however.

Bookstores here will not be operating normally until 23rd Feb 2015, due to Luna New Year holiday.
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  26. Hello,

Can anyone tell me how can I merge/combine two audio layers?

The first audio layer will not be edited, but the second one will be cut in certain parts. Then I want to combine the two and have the second audio overwrite the first one in the existing parts.

Hope this image can show it better:Click image for larger version

Name:	edit2.png
Views:	460
Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	30369

Also, is it possible to export the audio in other formats besides WAV, or without re-encoding altogether?
    Quote Quote  
  27. @eddman

If you want the highest quality of audio that you even want to skip re-encoding, you'd better handle the audio in specialized audio-editing software.
    To achieve the effect in the graph, you need to SPLIT the first audio object and MUTE(either deleting the section or turn down the volume) the overlapping parts.

AviUtl do not have a standalone audio export function except WAV. The encoder GUIs such as x264/x265/ffmpegout can encode the audio stream into a variety of audio formats however, if encoding to MKV container. These includes AAC(using qaac or NeroAAC), Opus, Ogg, mp3, mp4alac

Again, if you do not need to sync closely with the video stream, do that in audio editor. After all, AviUtl is not designed for audio editing.
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by MaverickTse View Post
    @eddman

If you want the highest quality of audio that you even want to skip re-encoding, you'd better handle the audio in specialized audio-editing software.
    To achieve the effect in the graph, you need to SPLIT the first audio object and MUTE(either deleting the section or turn down the volume) the overlapping parts.
    Is there a way to not split the first audio and simply have the overlapping parts from the second audio to mask the first one? Is there an audio editor that can do that? I'm not sure if I have enough time to split and cut the entire first audio.

AviUtl do not have a standalone audio export function except WAV. The encoder GUIs such as x264/x265/ffmpegout can encode the audio stream into a variety of audio formats however, if encoding to MKV container. These includes AAC(using qaac or NeroAAC), Opus, Ogg, mp3, mp4alac
    That's too bad. The second audio is a rather low quality MP3 and I was hoping to avoid re-encoding it.

Again, if you do not need to sync closely with the video stream, do that in audio editor. After all, AviUtl is not designed for audio editing.
    Actually, I do. I didn't mention it because I thought it didn't matter in regard to audio layer merging.

This is the thread I made before posting here: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/370321-Looking-for-a-solution-to-create-a-video-w-o-re-encoding

I tried asking here to get replies from Aviutl pros.
    Quote Quote  
  29. I don't get why people starting some where from last year starts keep asking for "editing without re-encoding" thing.
    You guys have to aware that, most media format are not designed with lossless editing in mind. The only easy way to get things going without re-encode is using AVI video and WAV audio. If your source is not in a lossless format, forget about the "no-reEnocde" thing.

Since one of your audio data is MP3, it is even more not worth the effort to hack for lossless edit. Just convert it to WAV for further editing. The quality loss should be negligible.

I can't think of any way that does not involve manually muting Track 1, even in audio editor like Audacity.
    http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/man/mixing.html

So... either take your patient to mute by parts or ask this question on a audio forum/board
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  30. Originally Posted by MaverickTse View Post
    I don't get why people starting some where from last year starts keep asking for "editing without re-encoding" thing.
    You guys have to aware that, most media format are not designed with lossless editing in mind. The only easy way to get things going without re-encode is using AVI video and WAV audio. If your source is not in a lossless format, forget about the "no-reEnocde" thing.

Since one of your audio data is MP3, it is even more not worth the effort to hack for lossless edit. Just convert it to WAV for further editing. The quality loss should be negligible.

I can't think of any way that does not involve manually muting Track 1, even in audio editor like Audacity.
    http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/man/mixing.html

So... either take your patient to mute by parts or ask this question on a audio forum/board
    Thanks for the replies. I wasn't going to edit the video at all; just wanted to use it as reference during audio editing. I do know that most video codecs are not meant to be edited, but I do edit them sometimes based on I frames without encoding.

Anyway, I edited the first audio in Aviutl, since that was the only option, and then exported both streams as a combined WAV file, so no loss in quality. Later, I'll convert it to flac.

Thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!