VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Just got elgato HD60 capture device. I usually use video redo to edit all my h.264 files. However video redo refuses to fully process the file elgato creates. Software freezes at 99%.

1. Anyone know why video redo is having issues?
    2. Since video redo can't edit the files. Which is a good editor to use on these h.264 mp4 files? Rather not get into Sony Vegas or Adobe.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Revan654 View Post
    Just got elgato HD60 capture device. I usually use video redo to edit all my h.264 files. However video redo refuses to fully process the file elgato creates. Software freezes at 99%.

2. Since video redo can't edit the files. Which is a good editor to use on these h.264 mp4 files? Rather not get into Sony Vegas or Adobe.
    The device has only been out for a few days now. It is too early to know if there are any problems with the .mp4 files it produces or not. I'm not sure that VideoReDo can handle very high bitrates or 1080p60. You might try contacting VideoReDo support if you want to keep using their program or none of the other solutions offered work better.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Originally Posted by Revan654 View Post
    Just got elgato HD60 capture device. I usually use video redo to edit all my h.264 files. However video redo refuses to fully process the file elgato creates. Software freezes at 99%.

The device has only been out for a few days now. It is too early to know if there are any problems with the .mp4 files it produces or not. I'm not sure that VideoReDo can handle very high bitrates or 1080p60. You might try contacting VideoReDo support if you want to keep using their program or none of the other solutions offered work better.
    It's just like elgato game capture hd device. Same issues with h.264 file when using video redo.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe the mp4 files produced by Elgato's HD capture devices are slightly imperfect. Have you ever tried editing the device's .ts files, or joining the Elgato's ts files and exporting to .mp4 using other software, or just re-multiplexing the Elgato's mp4 with something else? Simply repackaging the video and audio or re-multiplexing an.mp4 should be pretty fast and won't change the video or audio. My mp4boxgui was suggested in another threads for converting from something else to .mp4 without re-encoding.

For what its worth, my Hauppauge Colossus is known to produce problematic .mp4 files, so I configured it to capture to .ts files. If I needed an .mp4 file for something, I'd convert after editing.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!