VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I want to cut out three parts of a video. I save those three parts as separate video files. Can add all three parts to make one video using Virtualdub?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mark-in, mark-out, Save as AVI
    repeat as necessary

If you want all three parts as one AVI file mark the parts you don't want and cut them out. Then Save as AVI.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Mark-in, mark-out, Save as AVI
    repeat as necessary

If you want all three parts as one AVI file mark the parts you don't want and cut them out. Then Save as AVI.
    How can I combine several clips that I made like this? Is there a way to import multiple video files and combine them into one?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try the reverse logic.

1. Remove those parts of the video you do not need by mark-in/mark-out >> delete
    2. Mark-in/mark out one section as required and save as jagabo suggests
    3. Repeat step 2 for 2nd and 3rd clip
    4. Remove the mark-in/mark-out markers or simply reset them for the entire video.
    5. This is now, effectively, the three clips as one and just save that big clip.
    Quote Quote  
  5. If they are from different video clips, but still the same specs (same frame rate, same codec, same dimensions, same audio etc...) you can still append by using file=>append AVI segment
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by ShakeIt View Post
    How can I combine several clips that I made like this? Is there a way to import multiple video files and combine them into one?
    File -> Open the first clip. File -> Append AVI for the others.

Beware: if your files are sequentially numbered VirtualDub will append all the numbered files in one Append. So if you have files like:

File0000.AVI
    File0001.AVI
    File0002.AVI
    File0003.AVI

Open File0000.AVI, Append File00001.AVI. Then File0002.AVI and File0003.AVI will automatically be appended. You don't have to append them individually. You can override this behavior on the File Append dialog, if necessary.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!