VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by muffinman123 View Post
    got a really simple question for aviutl, when I open a video using file->open, how do I add that video to the time line? racer-x adds it to the timeline by dragging the file onto there, but what if I am using file->open and append all the sequences 1st and then add to the time line?

I don't want to attach the files one by one to the time line, I want to append all my video sequences, then drop it onto timeline instead...

Not sure how to do that in AVIUtl . I suppose if they are the same codec/format/properties you can join with another program first. But the point of a timeline is so you can have access to each clip so you can adjust timing , transitions, etc....

AVIUtl has lots of little quircks. One of the quircks is the BG track isn't exposed as "Layer 0" , so you don't have access to the timeline "bar". (at least I don't know how to show it, maybe Maverick or Racer does) . So I usually drag things directly to Layer 1 (so you can see it on the advanced editing timeline) , so "Layer 1" acts as the BG track

Other paid NLE's have the ability to drop a folder or bunch of clips on a timeline, then you can organize them on the timeline, but not sure how to do that in AVIUtl
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Other than importing a script that combines the clips, I don't know of a way to do it in Aviutl. If this is important to you, then you may want to look at something like Vegas.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  3. muffinman123
    probably should just go to a aviutl specific thread and ask all this, but I want to make the end of a clip shatter, and none of the parameters let me do that.

start time only affects the 1st half of the clip, but I want it to happen at the very last bit of my clip. I wonder if I should just take a screenshot and then shatter that instead of shattering a clip, but this should be doable
    I saw something like midpoint which I can define, but I don't know how to use that

I think I need more info on how to use transition animations

EDIT:
    ok, midpoint is what is used to make transparent appear and shatter at exact time, sliding also can use XYZ to adjust this.

I think it'd be nice to have a guide that replicates all the transition effects from wmm, and then say you can do this and do it better

plus I really want to know what the parameters mean for all the animation effects, they are confusing as hell.

EDIT 2:
    correction, midpoint doesn't seem to do jack for animation effects... I can't disable it in the 1st half and enable in the 2nd half, so what can I do?

by the way, how do I make PNG transparency work?
    Last edited by muffinman123; 6th Aug 2014 at 09:07.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Shatter like this?

Attached is a zip file of project so you can see how it was done.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by racer-x; 6th Aug 2014 at 17:27. Reason: Added zip file of project for learning purpose.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  5. For shatter you can set the "start time" parameter for when you want it to occur. Even if it didn't have "start time", because multiple tracks are available you can do some trickery as well by staggering layers and using duplicate layers trimmed to the section of interest - you can do that to modulate any effect

PNG transparency works by default

Which transition did you need help with ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can also animate the direction of shatter on various axis. I forgot that I can simply export animated GIF.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Shater2.gif
Views:	275
Size:	155.6 KB
ID:	26756  

Quote Quote  
  7. muffinman123
    for example, what is the start time parameter? is it -100 to 100 seconds only? what if I want to shatter the last 10 seconds of a half hour long clip?

I verified that the timer bar does not mean % of the video progress. if I make it 100, it only shatter half way through instead of the very last few seconds. I cannot specify the exact time I want it to shatter

and also, what do time lag, distance effect, and vplay do in the parameter settings?
    Last edited by muffinman123; 6th Aug 2014 at 21:36.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by muffinman123 View Post
    for example, what is the start time parameter? is it -100 to 100 seconds only? what if I want to shatter the last 10 seconds of a half hour long clip?

I verified that the timer bar does not mean % of the video progress. if I make it 100, it only shatter half way through instead of the very last few seconds. I cannot specify the exact time I want it to shatter

You can use multiple clips. e.g. duplicate the track, place on the next track, trim to the last few seconds and apply the shatter to that duplicated, trimmed clip. You need to stop thinking about editing in terms of 1 track

In this editor, clips on tracks above (lower number) are actually below in the layer stack order. In most other programs, layers on top "cover up" layers below. In aviutl, those tracks that have higher numbers (lower down) "cover up" those tracks with lower numbers

You actually don't even need to use multiple tracks, because aviutl allows you to put different clips on a single track. So basically you have your normal clip, trim the end down and replacing that last few seconds trimmed section is the same clip (trimmed down so only the last few corresponding seconds remain) , but with shatter applied. But it usually is easier to use multiple tracks when you are compositing things together, otherwise you have to fudge with the in/out points and it ends up taking more time usually

and also, what do time lag, distance effect, and vplay do in the parameter settings?
    I don't see those under shatter. Are you referring to something else ?
    Last edited by poisondeathray; 6th Aug 2014 at 21:46.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Ahh there are other parameter settings for shatter. I didn't see those before. Just play with them and see what they do. I suspect the distance effect is the distance the particles go, time lag is probably the time before shatter, not sure what vplay does

EDIT: Yes, just enable the realtime preview and you can see the effect those parameters have. What I said above is what they do. vplay looks like the time frame in the animation, higher values go through the animation faster, lower values slower so you can make a slow mo shatter with low values
    Quote Quote  
  10. muffinman123
    but still, you should be able to pinpoint where you want the shatter to happen relative to the clip time instead of cutting it apart to animate it like that, that's how I used to do it in flash anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  11. muffinman123
    uggh need help again... the final video looks great as expected, but the audio is off synch and super loud, I double checked all my audio segments, they are properly aligned and grouped together, I don't understand why the audio is off synch for every individual clip and its accompany audio

I checked the audio delay in filter+, and it's 0

all my clips have 44.1khz, and I saved the audio with 44.1khz as well, and I used pcm, but the output isn't not synched with the video, how do I trace where the problem is?

I don't want to manually re synch the clips again because I don't know exactly how much time was off in the processing.
    Last edited by muffinman123; 7th Aug 2014 at 00:24.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by muffinman123 View Post
    ...how do I trace where the problem is?
    You could begin by finding out the exact lengths - the audio before and after and the video before and after. My guess is your effects changed the video length.
    Quote Quote  
  13. muffinman123
    hmm, as far as I know, the length of the 1st clip few are exactly the same and were grouped together so they are fixed in place in case I touch them in late edits.

I checked media info and both streams have the same length, audio is interleaved, 33 ms duration, and preload duration is 33 ms. sounds about right
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    How can anybody have a solution to all your problems without direct access to your project? Time to quit bitchn' and figure it out for yourself....
    Quote Quote  
  15. muffinman123
    found the problem, x264 encoder adds a few blank frames at the beginning of my video before it beings to play, so that video is delayed by those frames, this is only a problem if I use x264

if I check zero latency in x264vfw, then the lag is gone, but I shouldn't need to use this. I never have this problem when I use virtualdub

is there any way other than zero latency? the file size changed by a lot when I used zero latency

I even have the virtualdub hack checkbox checked, but that doesn't seem to do jack in aviutl
    Last edited by muffinman123; 7th Aug 2014 at 06:58.
    Quote Quote  
  16. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by muffinman123 View Post
    found the problem, x264 encoder adds a few blank frames at the beginning of my video before it beings to play, so that video is delayed by those frames, this is only a problem if I use x264

if I check zero latency in x264vfw, then the lag is gone, but I shouldn't need to use this. I never have this problem when I use virtualdub

is there any way other than zero latency? the file size changed by a lot when I used zero latency

I even have the virtualdub hack checkbox checked, but that doesn't seem to do jack in aviutl
    You can try to minimize the video delay by setting "B-Frames = 1", I presume.
    If you chose VirtualDub, then you could use x264.exe through the external encoder feature.

EDIT: even better, tell x264VfW to output an MP4 file.
    Last edited by El Heggunte; 7th Aug 2014 at 07:25.
    Quote Quote  
  17. muffinman123
    in aviutl, when I specify bframe = 1, I still get the same amount of delay as before

bframe 1

cabac=1 / ref=3 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=hex / subme=7 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=6 / lookahead_threads=1 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=1 / b_pyramid=0 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=28.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00

however, when I use bframe 1 with zero latency checked, I don't have any delay, but some processing settings were changed by zero latency option

with zero latency there's also the obvious file size increase, but the interesting is that zero latency, bframe 1 and bframe 2 give the same file size but different compression rate.

bframe = 1, zero latency

cabac=1 / ref=3 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=hex / subme=7 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=4 / lookahead_threads=4 / sliced_threads=1 / slices=4 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=1 / b_pyramid=0 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc=crf / mbtree=0 / crf=28.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / ip_ratio=1.40 / pb_ratio=1.30 / aq=1:1.00
    bframe = 2 (youtube recommendation) and zero latency checked

cabac=1 / ref=3 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=hex / subme=7 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=4 / lookahead_threads=4 / sliced_threads=1 / slices=4 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=2 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc=crf / mbtree=0 / crf=28.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / ip_ratio=1.40 / pb_ratio=1.30 / aq=1:1.00
    Last edited by muffinman123; 7th Aug 2014 at 08:46.
    Quote Quote  
  18. It's not aviutl or libx264 issue - the delay is from using h264 in AVI container and bframes with certain decoders. Also known as "b-frame decoder lag". But you can get other problems like green or black frames as well

But if you remux your video into mkv or mp4, it should be fine

If you are using x264vfw, you can output mp4 as El heggunte suggested directly using the extra commandline, but it doesn't mux in audio, so you end up having to use another muxer step anyways

I know, I know, next you're going to complain about having to take an extra step, but it's the same with all VFW type programs, vdub included. vdub does have the external encoder feature (it's like a frameserver, that sends to CLI programs), but that takes some configuration and extra steps as well.

That would be a useful feature for aviutl - to have external encoder similar to vdub .
    Quote Quote  
  19. muffinman123
    so you are saying I can preserve the step compression by using output to file as mp4, and save the audio separately?

what's the fastest program I can use to mux the audio back in? avidemux load audio and direct copy everything? or is some extra processing required?
    Quote Quote  
  20. Chances are you can just remux the avi that you have already (the 1st time with your desired settings)

You can use mkvtoolnix for mkv . mkv tends to work better for youtube uploads.

But if you want mp4, you can use yamb, mymp4boxgui (both GUI's for mp4box)
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by muffinman123 View Post
    hmm, as far as I know, the length of the 1st clip few are exactly the same...
    Hmm yourself. So you were wrong, weren't you? Thanks for the apology.

Originally Posted by muffinman123 View Post
    found the problem, x264 encoder adds a few blank frames at the beginning of my video before it beings to play
    And, as it turns out, you were wrong about that as well.

Or, if you insist on using AVI, you could always delay the audio by the right amount.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That would be a useful feature for aviutl - to have external encoder similar to vdub .
    Actually this already exists: x264, x265, nero aac encoder and also ffmpeg via export plugins. The one feature I would like to see is a DebugMode Frameserver Plugin, but I doubt there is enough demand for that.

I did try VFWx264 once and yes it did produce black frames at the beginning, that was the last time I used that.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Yes you're right, I forgot about the adv x264 export plugin in aviutl. The current version uses neroaac as well (so audio & video), but maverick said something about using qaac in the future

But I don't seem to have the ffmpeg export plugin ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Here is the ffmpeg-out plugin with some of my presets. I also figured out how to do your interesting "cheesy" transition.
    Image Attached Images  
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  25. Thanks for the ffmpeg plugin. I see I missed it on maverick's page.

I cheated - the cheesy transition was done in AE
    Quote Quote  
  26. muffinman123
    how do you do that morph transition? I thought that was done in other program, aviutl could do what?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I just used a mask (white number 1) and distorted it as I grew it. I didn't save the project, so I just did another one. Here is the project in a zip file to learn how it was done.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  28. You can use the built in tools to create what you want. For example you mentioned "page curl" earlier ? You can do that with the deformer effects. E.g. with Animation Effect => SimpleWrapv2 you can just animate the parameters to however you want it to look like.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Actually, that looks better than most page-curls I've seen. Can you post project settings in a zip file for better "mind penetration"?
    Quote Quote  
  30. I think I did this right, is it just the aup file ? Plus the jpg assets ?

What happens when the asset paths are different? e.g. the jpg's might be in a different folder

To control this one better, you need to visualize the area of effect, so under settings "show path" should be checkmarked when you tweak the settings, but uncheckmarked when you render it out (it's uncheckmarked in the project file)
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by poisondeathray; 8th Aug 2014 at 17:36.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!