VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. Can anyone tell me how to change the frame rate in megui for one click profiles?

I want to go from 29 fps to 23
    Quote Quote  
  2. locotus
    Search Comp PM
    Just let Megui do it by itself.
    Quote Quote  
  3. What do you mean? If i don't change it it just encodes it at the given frame rate
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Tylerr View Post
    Why? Not all videos are supposed to be 23.976fps (assuming this is what you meant by '23'). If it needs to be IVTC'd, then put on an IVTC. Otherwise you should maybe leave it alone. Do you have a sample of one such video you think should be 23.976fps?

I think locotus meant you should let MeGUI analyze the source and put on the IVTC automatically if it needs it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I need it to be 23 fps so i can run it through multiavchd.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Tylerr View Post
    I need it to be 23 fps so i can run it through multiavchd.
    Unless it's 1280x720, both Blu-Ray and AVCHD can be 29.97fps. If true interlace, for 1280x720 you can bob it to 59.94fps. Since you don't know much about what you have, maybe you could post a small sample. Anyway, if it's called for, MeGUI can IVTC it to progressive 23.976fps.

In the script creator section you can click on the 'Analyze' button. Alternatively you can check the 'Deinterlace' box which will then open up a variety of choices including an IVTC using TIVTC.
    Quote Quote  
  7. well i create avchd to play through my ps3, and multiavchd will always convert it to 23.976fps.

i just want to know how to change the fps for one click encoding, not anything else.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Maybe someone else can help. Good luck.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    There's no reason to go to 23.976 fps if the source is 29.97fps video and multiavchd won't re-encode it to 23.976 if it's compliant,post a mediainfo of the video.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Code:
    Video
    ID                                       : 1
    Format                                   : AVC
    Format/Info                              : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile                           : High@L3.1
    Format settings, CABAC                   : Yes
    Format settings, ReFrames                : 3 frames
    Codec ID                                 : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
    Duration                                 : 41mn 19s
    Bit rate                                 : 3 400 Kbps
    Width                                    : 1 280 pixels
    Height                                   : 720 pixels
    Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
    Frame rate mode                          : Constant
    Frame rate                               : 25.000 fps
    Color space                              : YUV
    Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
    Bit depth                                : 8 bits
    Scan type                                : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.148
    Stream size                              : 983 MiB (88%)
    Writing library                          : x264 core 67 r1136M 3f9ba82
    Encoding settings                        : cabac=1 / ref=3 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=hex / subme=6 / psy_rd=1.0:0.0 / mixed_ref=0 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=6 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / mbaff=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=1 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / wpredb=1 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40 / rc=2pass / bitrate=3400 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / ip_ratio=1.40 / pb_ratio=1.30 / aq=1:1.00
    Language                                 : English
    Default                                  : Yes
    Forced                                   : No

Audio
    ID                                       : 2
    Format                                   : AC-3
    Format/Info                              : Audio Coding 3
    Format profile                           : Dolby Digital
    Mode extension                           : CM (complete main)
    Format settings, Endianness              : Big
    Codec ID                                 : A_AC3
    Duration                                 : 41mn 19s
    Bit rate mode                            : Constant
    Bit rate                                 : 384 Kbps
    Channel(s)                               : 2 channels
    Channel positions                        : Front: L R
    Sampling rate                            : 48.0 KHz
    Bit depth                                : 16 bits
    Compression mode                         : Lossy
    Stream size                              : 113 MiB (10%)
    Language                                 : English
    Default                                  : Yes
    Forced                                   : No
    This one isn't 29fps its 25
    Quote Quote  
  11. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Your video is 25 fps,best to buy the ntsc version if you don't have a pal system.
    Quote Quote  
  12. anyone else know how to change fps in one click profile?
    Quote Quote  
  13. It looks like you can edit the avisynth profile in the one click advanced settings

You would choose a method of either a) slowing it down (out of sync unless you slow down audio as well), or b) deleteing frames (jerky playback), or c) deleting frames and blending (less jerky, but sightly jerky & blurry) or d) some motion interpolation method of generating in-between frames

For a 25FPS source, I would choose the slow down method, because frames are clean 1:1, no drops, no blends. So add to the avisynth script
    AssumeFPS(24000,1001)

In the audio section you need to choose slow down 25 to 23.976 if the source is 25 (not 29.97 like you originally said)

For 29.97 source, it's more tricky. You can't do a slowdown because the %change is too great (audio sound very bad). What you do is determined by source characteristics . If it's telecined you should IVTC (that implies it was 23.976 to begin with). If it's progressive 29.97 at 1080, you can encode it as interlaced. If it's 720p29.97, you can double the frames and framerate (720p59.94) or use frame doubling flag. There are dozens of other pulldown and cadence patterns and scenarios, too much to go into
    Quote Quote  
  14. okay thanks thats what i wanted

one more question when you say "you can encode it as interlaced" i don't need to touch anything for that right?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by Tylerr View Post
    okay thanks thats what i wanted

one more question when you say "you can encode it as interlaced" i don't need to touch anything for that right?

To encode interlaced you have to change the encoding settings (I think there is a checkbox to encode interlaced), or enter --tff in the extra commandline box . That's only for 1920x1080p25 or 1920x1080p29.97 content. You're only encoding interlaced to make it compatible with BD. BD doesn't support interlaced at 1280x720, so you use frame doubling for 720 (either hard duplicates, or frame doubling flag)

And I think PS3's are region locked so 1920x1080p25 encoded as interlaced won't work if you're in North America . The slowdown method would be better anyways for that situation
    Last edited by poisondeathray; 2nd Aug 2014 at 11:14.
    Quote Quote  
  16. oh well these files are Progressive.

thanks though.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by Tylerr View Post
    oh well these files are Progressive.

thanks though.
    That's the point. In order to get them to be compatible with multiavchd or ps3, or any authoring tool as a BD or AVCHD on optical media, certain things have to be done to make them compliant. Only certain specs are allowed

e.g 1080p29.97 isn't compliant as native progressive. Thus you have to encode it as interlaced (it's still progressive content, just encoded as interlaced)

So you're going to have to do some reading or setup different profiles that cover the different possible situations

Easier to just get a media player that plays practially everything e.g. wdtv, asus oplay etc....
    Quote Quote  
  18. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can change the fps with tsmuxer to 23.976 since the video is progressive,then you need to slow down the audio,eac3to will do that.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    You can change the fps with tsmuxer to 23.976 since the video is progressive,then you need to slow down the audio,eac3to will do that.
    well wouldnt megui do all that automatically?
    Quote Quote  
  20. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Tsmuxer will do it without re-encoding it,megui will re-encode it and it's much faster to use tsmuxer.
    Quote Quote  
  21. well i'm using megui to re-encode to smaller file sizes so tsmuxer doesn't help me.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    It looks like you can edit the avisynth profile in the one click advanced settings

You would choose a method of either a) slowing it down (out of sync unless you slow down audio as well), or b) deleteing frames (jerky playback), or c) deleting frames and blending (less jerky, but sightly jerky & blurry) or d) some motion interpolation method of generating in-between frames

For a 25FPS source, I would choose the slow down method, because frames are clean 1:1, no drops, no blends. So add to the avisynth script
    AssumeFPS(24000,1001)

In the audio section you need to choose slow down 25 to 23.976 if the source is 25
    okay so i finally got around to encoding the videos today but when i tried to add AssumeFPS(24000,1001) to the avisynth script it just gives me an error.

this is what i did

Went into One click > Advanced Config > scratchpad config >

then added it to the script and hit update

Code:
    AssumeFPS(24000,1001)
    <input>
    <deinterlace>
    <crop>
    <resize>
    <denoise>
    Started encoding the video and it gave me this error "Error message for your reference: Script error: Invalid arguments to function 'AssumeFPS'."

also gives

-[Error] [8/4/2014 2:43:42 PM] Exception message
    -[NoImage] at MeGUI.JobUtil.GetAllInputProperties(UInt64& nbOfFrames, Double& framerate, Int32& framerate_n, Int32& framerate_d, Int32& hRes, Int32& vRes, Dar& dar, String video)
    -[NoImage] at MeGUI.JobUtil.getInputProperties(UInt64& nbOfFrames, Double& framerate, String video)
    -[NoImage] at MeGUI.OneClickPostProcessing.StartPostProcessing()
    Last edited by Tylerr; 4th Aug 2014 at 14:41.
    Quote Quote  
  23. The AssumeFPS line provided by pdr is correct. Maybe MeGUI won't allow a change that results in out-of-synch audio. Or maybe there's something else wrong with the script. You didn't show us the entire script. I don't know as I don't use MeGUI. Try opening the script in VDub and it should open it just fine unless there's something wrong elsewhere.

If you can't do it in MeGUI, after testing the script in VDub you could open it in RiopBot64, slow the audio to film speed, open that separately in RipBot64, and make your video that way. That's one alternative anyway.

Oh wait, I forgot, you like 1-click solutions. And you also spent the first third of this thread misleading us about the nature of your source.

Quote Quote  
  24. He did a switcharoo and is talking about a 25p source now

You probably need to put that at the end of the script (or at least after <input> , definitely not the top)

I think those <> entries are what megui uses for script generation template
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    The AssumeFPS line provided by pdr is correct. Maybe MeGUI won't allow a change that results in out-of-synch audio. Or maybe there's something else wrong with the script. You didn't show us the entire script. I don't know as I don't use MeGUI.]
    Well the audio is encoded down to 23.976 fps beforehand so thats not it.

And thats what the script says when i go to edit it inside of megui

Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Oh wait, I forgot, you like 1-click solutions. And you also spent the first third of this thread misleading us about the nature of your source.
    Well technically my actual question was how to change fps inside one click profiles.

It was more of a broad any fps question, since i have videos with different ones. (if i figured out how to change one i could do it with any other)
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by Tylerr View Post
    Well technically my actual question was how to change fps inside one click profiles.

It was more of a broad any fps question, since i have videos with different ones. (if i figured out how to change one i could do it with any other)
    Nope, not at all. To change 25fps to 23.976fps, you need AssumeFPS and need to slow the audio as well. Changing 29.97fps to 23.976fps implies an IVTC is needed, the length stays the same, and the audio doesn't need changing at all. Two completely different operations, both of which require you actually using your brain and figuring out what you have so you know how it's to be treated. No 1-click operation is to be trusted entirely, especially for what you want to do, so there's no answer to your question.

I don't suppose it's possible your version of AviSynth is so old that it doesn't support AssumeFPS(24000,1001)? That syntax became available in 2007 with AviSynth 2.5.7. Any version of AviSynth from 2007 and later should allow for AssumeFPS(24000,1001). You could try instead:

AssumeFPS(23.976)

and see if that works for you.
    And thats what the script says when i go to edit it inside of megui
    You did not show the entire script, only an AssumeFPS line.
    Last edited by manono; 4th Aug 2014 at 16:39.
    Quote Quote  
  27. I'm pretty sure there is an answer to my question

why bother including the ability to change the audio fps and not the video?

I don't think my question is that complicated, i just want to know how to change the fps of my videos inside the one click profile.

Originally Posted by manono View Post
    You did not show the entire script, only an AssumeFPS line.
    i showed the only script that i can edit...
    Quote Quote  
  28. I was editing when you responded. Try AssumeFPS(23.976) instead and see if it works.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Just put AssumeFPS(24000,1001) at the bottom. It works, I tested it

You can't open an avs script with AssumeFPS() you need a source filter

That's what that <input> entry is for - that's for the template script generation

Start organizing and naming your templates because it's going to get confusing in a hurry if you have a template for every scenario.
    Quote Quote  
  30. But then the script it creates still puts the fps at 25

Code:
    global MeGUI_darx = 16
    global MeGUI_dary = 9
    LoadPlugin("C:\Users\Tyler\Desktop\MKV Stuff\MeGUI_2418_x86\tools\ffms\ffms2.dll")
    FFVideoSource("G:\Tv Shows\The Listener\S01\mkv\The.Listener.S01E05.720p.HDTV.x264-BiA.mkv", cachefile="G:\Tv Shows\The Listener\S01\11bcmdex.4lu\The.Listener.S01E05.720p.HDTV.x264-BiA.mkv.ffindex", fpsnum=25, fpsden=1, threads=1)
    #deinterlace
    #crop
    #resize
    #denoise
    AssumeFPS(24000,1001)
    So which one will it use?
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!