Hi !

Quick question here :

I got a multichannel 5.1 wav :

Click image for larger version

Name:	Channels.png
Views:	762
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	29490

but when imported into FFQueue, it only detects 1 stream.

Name:	ChannelsQueue.png
Views:	785
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	29493

I was counting on this little gem of a GUI to create a 6 mono + video file, as I didn't manage to get it done in CLI (those ffmpeg mapping options ! è_é)

but... something's wrong here.

Any help ? How can I get FFQueue to detect the 6 audio channels ?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can have multiple channels in the same audio-stream. Please double-click the audio stream in the stream-list (in ffqueue's job-editor) and verify that ffprobe recognizes it as 6 channels
    I'm the developer behind FFQueue. My posts might reflect this! ;-)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Hi TorBru, thanks for the quick response.
    Indeed, FFqueue detects well 6 channels.

Name:	ChannelsQueue2.png
Views:	579
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	29494

But that's not really the problem. In fact, I know I could mux the audio stream into a video file, keeping the 6 audio channels, but it would still be only ONE stream.
    Whereas I was hoping I could use FFqueue to map each channel into a separate stream, to have :
    - 1 video stream
    - 6 mono-channel audio streams

and NOT

- 1 video stream
    - 1 multi-channel audio stream

Because I already manage to export the latter without pb

Dunno if I'm clear here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You would need to use the channelsplit filter. FFQ does not support this at the time, but you can add a custom filter, select audio and enter "channelsplit" into the field. This should produce 6 mono audio-streams in the target video

https://www.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#channelsplit

P.S: It is possible that you need to define the channel_layout parameter in the filter since it is not detected by ffprobe: "channelsplit=channel_layout=5.1"
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Hey TorBru.

Ok I tried to add a filter, but apparently, the filter menu stays grayed out when video & audio are on "Copy - Copy unmodified source stream"

no pb : i chose pcm audio codec.

BUT, after writing the custom filter

Name:	ChannelSplit.png
Views:	542
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	29496

I get an error. I Checked the log file, it says :
    "Simple filtergraph '[1:0]channelsplit=channel_layout=5.1' does not have exactly one input and output.
    Error opening filters!

FFMpeg exited 2015/05/01 14:06:33, running time 00:00:00.119
    Job completed irregularly - please check output above for detailed information!"

I looked up FFMPEG info page u linked, but its kinda obscure to me... Did I write the wrong parameters in FFQueue Custom Preset ?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You did it right - FFQueue uses the -af option for audio filters and that causes the problem. Remove the custom filter again and go to Miscellaneous and add:

-filter_complex "[a:0]channelsplit=channel_layout=5.1"

to the "First pass" command line arguments.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Ok, one step at the time, i'm getting another error.

"Filtergraph '[1:0]channelsplit' was specified through the -vf/-af/-filter option for output stream 0:0, which is fed from a complex filtergraph.
    -vf/-af/-filter and -filter_complex cannot be used together for the same stream."

Ringing a bell ?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Remove all filters from the filter list in the preset and leave the command line argument - that should do the trick. If not please supply the command line
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Sorry, i forgot to remove the filter !

I still got an error, but looking at log file,
    Code:
    Stream #1:0: Audio: pcm_s24le ([1][0][0][0] / 0x0001), 48000 Hz, 6 channels, s32 (24 bit), 6912 kb/s
    [mov @ 0000000002bc96e0] Could not find tag for codec pcm_s24le_planar in stream #0, codec not currently supported in container
    Output #0, mov, to 'G:\OAV_EN\OAV_PRORES\OAV1_Mix5_1_VAS.mov':
    i could tell the audio codec was the problem.

I switched to big-endian PCM, and well...its running !

As soon as it's finished, i'll tell you if everything's fine.

BTW, command line was :

Code:
    Starting FFMpeg 2015/05/01 14:38:34 with command: -hide_banner -i "G:\OAV_PRORES\SW1_VENG.27-10-2014_Prores.mov" -i "F:\OAVs\AUDIO\OAV1 - Audio EN 5.1\OAV1_Mix5_1_VAS.wav" -map 0:0 -map 1:0 -c:v copy -c:a pcm_s24le_planar -b:a 6912k -filter_complex "[a:0]channelsplit=channel_layout=5.1" "G:\OAV_PRORES\OAV1_Mix5_1_VAS.mov"
    so here we can see the correct mapping parameters.

Thanks again for all your help, your GUI definitely rocks, man !

EDIT :

I checked the output, it's perfect.
    Last edited by CyberOtter; 5th Jan 2015 at 10:23. Reason: Results
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    In general, little endian is what is expected with AVI/WAV/PC-based-RIFF/Intel-originated stuff and big endian is what is expected with QT/MOV/Mac/Motorola-originated stuff.

Since you were ending up with a MOV file, that would have been necessary to convert anyway, in order for it to be fully accepted & compliant (though variations do exist).

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Thx for those clarifications Scott. Always good to know.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    @TorBru, tried to do a Concat (demuxer) of AVIs the other day and ffqueue wouldn't let me. Said something like: "not available when Video in Copy mode", which is kind of silly if you think about it, as that is exactly the mode you would want concatenation to normally be in (barring forced re-encoding).

Got around it by just going to regular command line ffmpeg using the -i mylist.txt method, such as described here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15186500/howto-merge-two-avi-files-using-ffmpeg. Worked perfectly.

Didn't see your app having that capability for creating the concat list, so thought you might want to add it (I would think that procedure would be a common request, particularly around here).

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    FFQueue does not use that method for concatenation, in fact the concat filter is used:

https://www.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#concat

Reason for this is that clips with different audio & video properties can be concatenated, and this requires transcoding. I'll try to implement a simple remux concatenation feature in the future
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Thanks, I believe that would be a welcome feature. And thanks for clarifying - makes sense when you put it that way.

Keep up the good work!

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    Ok that's not really related to the topic, but speaking of concat of files with identical properties (hence stream copy), i wrote this .bat file.

Code:
    dir "%~d1%~p1" /a /b /s /l /n /-p /o:gen >C:\temp\file_list.txt
    FOR /F "delims=" %%a in (C:\temp\file_list.txt) do @echo file '%%a' >>C:\temp\out_file_list.txt
    ffmpeg -f concat -i C:\temp\out_file_list.txt -c copy %~d1%~p1%\CONCAT_OUTPUT.mp4
    del "C:\temp\file_list.txt"
    del "C:\temp\out_file_list.txt"
    you have to regroup all video files in a folder (with nothing else in it) and drag/drop the first vidéo on the .bat file.
    (or use the right-clic/sendto command, ...I make a shortcut of my bat files in it)

Maybe it will be useful to Scott or someone else... who knows...
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've already implemented a well working drag&drop feature in FFQueue for simple stream concat. My problem, though, is that ffmpeg only takes an ASCII file as input and this might cause problems for unicode filenames. I need to test that and maybe figure out a workaround. Hope the next version of FFQueue will be available in a week or two
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search PM
    Today, at launch of FFQueue, I had the surprise getting the message "FFMpeg and/or FFProbe not found; Please update path in options!
    ".
    Second bad surprise was when I found out my presets and custom filter configs were gone...

I haven't done anything this week-end on the comp, so i'm wondering why suddently these changes!

What happened here ? Where are FFQueue presets/configs usually saved ? In ffqueue.cfg ?
    coz mine is now almost empty, with just the text "FFQUEUE_CONFIG_VERSION_10"

I'm so pissed i lost every configs/presets I had, some optimized with heavy testing... I havent thought of backup'em yet (if only i knew how...)

Any idea, TorBru ?
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by CyberOtter View Post
    Today, at launch of FFQueue, I had the surprise getting the message "FFMpeg and/or FFProbe not found; Please update path in options!
    ".
    Second bad surprise was when I found out my presets and custom filter configs were gone...

I haven't done anything this week-end on the comp, so i'm wondering why suddently these changes!

What happened here ? Where are FFQueue presets/configs usually saved ? In ffqueue.cfg ?
    coz mine is now almost empty, with just the text "FFQUEUE_CONFIG_VERSION_10"

I'm so pissed i lost every configs/presets I had, some optimized with heavy testing... I havent thought of backup'em yet (if only i knew how...)

Any idea, TorBru ?
    That sounds awfully weird! Options and presets are stored in ffqueue.cfg (and queued jobs in ffqueue.job). The first place to look is in the same folder as ffqueue. The second place to look is in a subfolder to ProgramData (usually C:\ProgramData\FFQueue\*.*). If the file is not found in either locations it is created in the same folder as FFQueue - if creation fails the ProgramData folder is used. FFQueue does not have any code that would delete the cfg or job files and if any errors should occur during file I/O you would be noticed about them. Therefore I really do not belive this issue is related to FFQueue
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    Yeah, I don't think FFqueue behavior could end up deleting all of its config either... but I don't know... maybe some fail job corrupted the cfg file.
    I'm recreating some Presets just now, and I can see the ffqueue.cfg file adding'em up to the file.
    Exemple :
    Code:
    FFQUEUE_CONFIG_VERSION_10
    ffmpeg_path=C:\Program Files\FFMPEG\bin\ffmpeg.exe
    temp_path=<sys>
    thumb_settings=
    second_file_exts=srt,ass,ssa,xsub,sub,mp3,wav
    batch_config=1,1,0,ac3,mp4
    preferred_fmt=mp4
    preferred_path=
    auto_remove=0
    fonts_conf_checked=0
    save_on_exit=1
    limit_stats=1
    hide_banner=1
    save_pos=0
    full_codec_list=0

[preset]
    id=My693UoBAAC3agAAVAAAAA==
    name=Stream Copy
    video_codec=copy
    video_rate=1000,1,,,
    key_frames=,,,0,40
    video_quality=0,75,0,75,0,50,0,90,0,40,0,10
    audio_codec=copy
    audio_rate=128,1,,,
    audio_quality=0,80
    But this morning, I found the file with just :
    Code:
    FFQUEUE_CONFIG_VERSION_10
    So it seems that "something" erased all the rest, or did reset the file to its primal state.

Now...I can try to reproduce, but, I don't remember which job I did on Friday to make that happen...

PS :

My cfg file is indeed in FFQueue's folder, and I have no "FFqueue" folder in C:\ProgramData
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The only thing that would lead to a cfg file containing just one line with the content "FFQUEUE_CONFIG_VERSION_10" is that there was not found any cfg file on program launch. FFQueue will then create the empty cfg file in order to test file write rights. wxTextFile is used to handle cfg I/O and it cannot create a file that already exists and therefore it is impossible that this behaviour has been caused by FFQueue. Jobs are not stored to ffqueue.cfg - they are stored in ffqueue.job (same location as ffqueue.cfg). If no jobs are queued the *.job file is removed (if exists).

The loss of the cfg file MUST have been caused by something else - either it has been deleted by accident, some sort of system restore might have taken it, you might have copied FFQ to another location and have forgotten to copy the cfg file, you have installed som malicious software that took it, or you might even have a hard drive problem. FFQueue DOES NOT implement code that deletes the *.cfg file.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search PM
    Well I did some searching and tried to remember what I've done Friday which could have caused this.

I MAY have a clue : i changed security access/authorizations of cmd.exe when I had some errors with a ffmpeg batch file.
    And apparently, according to some IT forums : changing those on cmd.exe is not recommanded, and can lead to "strange results" on the system.

So maybe I was collateral of my mistake. And somehow this strange behaviour deleted come .cfg files
    -> I also had my "launchy" app reset to default, and lost my browser "current state" tabs.

That's too much to be a coincidence. So cmd.exe or not, something deleted a few .cfg files, FFQueue included.

Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That's too much to be a coincidence. So cmd.exe or not, something deleted a few .cfg files, FFQueue included.
    That sucks.. I'd really be pushed on my temper if I'd loose any of my presets or settings!
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've just released V1.4.41 with some new filter support, support for simple concatenation ( stream copy, works with different length movies - CyberOtter's batch file does not ) and some other fixes and features.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search PM
    Haha. Well, thanks !

PS : But..., thats odd, 'cause I use my file on videos with different length and never had any pb
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Haha. Well, thanks !

PS : But..., thats odd, 'cause I use my file on videos with different length and never had any pb
    According to this documentation files of different lengths (in time) can cause artifacts:

https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-formats.html#concat-1

To be sure not to get any trouble you must add the duration directive to the list file like:

file 'file1.mp4'
    duration file1duration
    file 'file2.mp4'
    duration file2duration

FFQueue automates this by using the lengths read out from FFProbe

EDIT: I've gotten it wrong! The duration directive is only required if the duration of the file is not correct (broken). Next update of FFQueue will give the possibility to change the duration manually by double-clicking the source in the list.
    Last edited by TorBru; 14th Jan 2015 at 08:34.
    Quote Quote  
  26. @TorBru
    Can you add a Bitrate/Filesize calculator to tools?
    Last edited by Dean84; 20th Jan 2015 at 03:16.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Dean84 View Post
    @TorBru
    Can you add a Bitrate/Filesize calculator to tools?
    Of course I could, but it would only work for constant bitrates and even then it would not be 100% reliable. There are a lot of these calculators online and I do not know if the time spend on such a feature is worth the efford.

https://www.videohelp.com/calc.htm
    http://www.dr-lex.be/info-stuff/videocalc.html
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search PM
    Hey ! Its been a while.

If I may :
    It would be very nice to "unlock" the Prores & DNxHD codecs in the Video Preset Tab, as FFMPEG can encode into these.
    I know you can't list all possible codecs in the scrolling menu, but I think those two are commonly used, and deserve their place

Or maybe allowing to bypass the "limitation" of chosing only predefined codecs, with a custom command line.
    But you'd first have to allow a "no default codec" preset in the scrolling codec list. Which I think you can't, at the moment.

Keep it up TorBru
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey ! Its been a while.

If I may :
    It would be very nice to "unlock" the Prores & DNxHD codecs in the Video Preset Tab, as FFMPEG can encode into these.
    I know you can't list all possible codecs in the scrolling menu, but I think those two are commonly used, and deserve their place

Or maybe allowing to bypass the "limitation" of chosing only predefined codecs, with a custom command line.
    But you'd first have to allow a "no default codec" preset in the scrolling codec list. Which I think you can't, at the moment.

Keep it up TorBru
    You have two options:

1) Go to options and tick "Enable full codec listings"
    2) Edit the config file and add:

Code:
    [codec_info]
    dnxhd=1,A,B,C,D
    prores=1,A,B,C,D
    Where:

A=minimum selectable qscale quality (usually 31)
    B=maximum qscale quality (usually 1)
    C=minimum selectable crf (constant rate factor) quality (usually 51 or 63)
    D=maximum crf quality (usually 0 or 1)

If minimum equals maximum qscale/crf is not supported and thus unselectable in the preset editor.

IMPORTANT: The codec_info section MUST (like all other sections) be terminated by either end-of-file or an empty line before next section or strange behaviour might be unleashed!
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search PM
    Wow, you actually have this option, My bad.

Come On, this GUI rocks so much. So well thought.

I'll be back with another stupid request soon.

TY TorBru
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!