VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I have been converting mp4 files to mpeg 2 files to put on a DVD for a friend of mine to watch on his dvd player. I converted a avi file to a mpeg 2 file today but the audio is not in sync with the video. Never had this problem with the mp4 files. Can someone tell me why? This post should be in video conversion but I don't know how to switch it. I use Total Video Coverter for the conversions
    Last edited by Mandera; 29th Jul 2014 at 17:12. Reason: wrong category
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Did the avi file have variable bitrate mp3 audio? Examine it with MediaInfo.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    yes it does but not sure of the setting for it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    You can demux the audio and re-encode it with constant bitrate (Audacity with the ffmpeg and Lame libraries would work to import it and convert). You could make an mp3 or try to convert all the way to AC3 (48khz not 44.1). See if either work to maintain audio/video sync.

Use the newly made audio as input to make the mpeg2 file. I've never used Total Video Converter, but AVStoDVD would work for this if you set it up to output to a muxed mpeg2 file. It can also make DVD-video if that is your end target.
    Quote Quote  
  5. If it's off by the same amount all the way through, then figure the delay and adjust it in the DVD. Either that or remove the delay entirely using DelayCut.

If the amount it's off varies over time then, like Kerry56, I'd suggest using a different conversion program than Total Video Converter, AVSToDVD perhaps.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    I want to thank everyone who helped me. I ended up getting the AvstoDVD program. It converts to an actual DVD format. Now the movie is in sync finally. Always great to solve these problems with all your help.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!