VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am trying to stream 3D movies from the Internet with my PC and my Samsung 3D TV with active 3D glasses.
    I don't know if the HDMI cable is low or high. It's gold colored tho'.

I have only tried movies that is side by side.
    I choose this option on my TV too, but still it doesn't work.

What do I need?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    What is necessary:

1. Stereo3D video source material (appropriately formatted), incl. SbS
    2. Stereo3D-capable player app, with links to HDMI video card
    3. Video card that is HDMI 1.4-compatible
    4. Drivers for video card that allow communication of SEI messaging for HDMI 1.4 signal (triggered by player app)
    5. Hi-speed HDMI cable (gold coloring has nothing to do with all this)
    6. Stereo3D TV
    7. 3D glasses, compatible with the TV

Sounds like you've got #1, #5, #6, #7 covered. We don't yet know for sure whether you have #2, 3, 4

Understand that without that all working, there is no SEI messaging in the HDMI signal, which means your TV will NOT automatically recognize & switch into 3D mode.

Regardless, you should ALWAYS still be able to switch into 3D mode MANUALLY, even when presented with a 2D signal (in which case, you will get overlay garbage, but at least you know it is doing what it was told to do).

Let us know more info: What app is the player, what video card is installed, what model 3DTV you have, and if you are assured that you have legit, known-good 3D material.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you for your response.

I have a Samsung UE40C7705.
    I haven't downloaded anything, it is just a uploaded (from YIFY) mp4 file on the Internet.

I have Nvidia GeForce GT 240M Version 337.88.

If I need to download a player, doesn't I have to save the file on my computer then?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Your TV probably has a USB connector. It's going to be a LOT easier to just put your movies on a USB flash drive and connect them to the TV directly and play from there than to do all this other crap trying to get streaming working.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    Your TV probably has a USB connector. It's going to be a LOT easier to just put your movies on a USB flash drive and connect them to the TV directly and play from there than to do all this other crap trying to get streaming working.
    Except, the manual specifically states that the internal Media Player of the TV (which would access the USB drives) will DISABLE 3D!

@Aria-Lee, you still don't say what player app you've been attempting to use.

I would suggest: Stereoscopic Player, nVidia's 3DVision Player (a rebranded lite version of SP), or PotPlayer. Those ALL have support for your card & HDMI 1.4, AFAIK. SP explicitly supports URLs (thus streams) as an input for 3D viewing. PotPlayer can be massaged into doing it also, but may take more steps.

Assuming you are appropriately setting up your manual 3D input choice, you should be able to get a 3D source - transmitted via HDMI in the normal 2D manner - to the TV and mode-changed to 3D.

BTW, we do NOT discuss warez here, so no YIFY stuff! Things like YT3D, open channels, PD sources, etc is ok.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    Except, the manual specifically states that the internal Media Player of the TV (which would access the USB drives) will DISABLE 3D!
    My bad. My Vizio lets you do this, but my mistake for not recognizing Samsung's inherent Sony-like hostility towards their customers. To be charitable perhaps they do this to force consumers to buy a 3D BD player and they hope that it will be a Samsung. Since Vizio doesn't make players as far as I know, they have no reason to be jerks about this.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    My LG also let's you do this (and quite well!), but yeah, Samsung & Sony...what can I say!? Only positive for this OP's particular model that I see is the wide range of 3D input layout types accepted (much more than my LG's).

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thanks again!

Sorry about that warez thing, didn't know that.

Ok. I haven't used any Player App.
    Downloading Stereoscopic Player now to try.

Yesterday I actually managed to see it in 3D, but didn't quite work.
    When I connect PC and TV with HDMI, it's cuplicating and the size shown on the TV doesn't go to HD.
    But if I choose only the TV screen to show or widen/expand (or whatever you are calling it), it works and shows in full HD.
    Any idea how I can get full HD when the PC and TV screen is showing the same thing?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    What do you mean "it's duplicating"? Are you seeing 2 images on the same screen? (side-by-side format?) Or are you seeing the same image on 2 screens? Or 2 images on 2 screens each?

And "size doesn't go to HD"? Elaborate, please.

Something sounds like you might have your PC's display outputs set to screen mirroring (or expanded screens, etc). If true, your setup should NOT be that way in order for this all to work. If you are trying to see the show on the TV, why would you need to see it on the PC also?

Much more (detailed) info, please.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Stereoscopic player is not free and has restrictions until you buy it so you might also try Bino which supports 3D and is free or PotPlayer (also free) as earlier suggested.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Yes, I mean the PC's display setup. (It's many times not directly translated, so it just got a little hard to explain).
    It's just easier that way, so I don't have to change it that often.

Before, with other TV's it has gone straight to Full HD, but with this 3D TV it must be shown alone or widened to be in Full HD.
    Is it because it is a 3D TV? And nothing I can do about that?

But other than that it looks like it actually works ok now, just have to find good 3D files. So thanks for the help

The SP Player doesn't take all links tho'.
    Do you have any recommandation for any sites that works?

Yeah, I saw the SP isn't free. So thanks for other suggestions.
    I'll try them all to see what suits me best
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    "PC's display setup"? Do you mean screen mirroring/expansion, or not?

Easier for one use, harder for another. Your choice.

3D is not your normal 2D. Don't expect it to work just like 2D. I didn't say there's nothing you can do about it, but it still isn't even close to clear what your setup is, so I couldn't break the explanation down any further.

All streaming links are not created equal, and most players do not accept ALL sources. No recommendations, sorry. (I use bought 3DBD media, my own 3Dcameras, downloaded 3D files, & YT3D and Netflix3D, so I rarely mess with anonymous stream sites).

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  13. Vups! I meant outputs.
    So again, yes.

So it is possible to use mirroring while watching 3D?
    In that case, how?

What more information do you need?
    Sorry.. I thought I had answered everything :S
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    No, AFAIK, it is NOT possible to use screen mirroring. Your main monitor is likely NOT able to go modify it's properties to match what is necessary for the 3D signal (even though your 3DTV is), and mirroring enforces that they work identically. Stop mirroring. Make it an "either/or A vs. B" setup. Most likely, you can create a preset for mirroring and a preset for A/B, and just hotkey switch between the 2. Not that hard.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    try kmplayer now it support 3D video
    http://www.kmplayer.com/
    Quote Quote  
  16. Ok.
    but all these players have nothing to do with streaming on the internet. Right?

That is what I want to do, even on Netflix or anonymous websites or whatever.
    I don't have that huge harddisc, so I don't want to have the files on my computer.

Or is it something I'm missing?
    I have 3DTV, 3D glasses, HDMI cable and video card that supports it.

Is there any possibilities to perhaps use PS3?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Depends on what you mean by "player" and by "streaming".

SP takes urls (of some kinds of streaming media) and plays it out though a video card (possibly to a 3DTV). So can Bino, Potplayer, and now Kmplayer supposedly. Does SP stream ALL kinds of streaming media? - NO. AFAIK, there are NO players that stream ALL kinds (whether 3D or 2D).

Netflix uses its OWN player. You have to use theirs (all their stuff is encrypted anyway).

Regardless of player, you will have files on you computer, though, even if only temporarily. Expect that.

Back up and tell us what ALL you actually have, hardware wise. Be thorough and detailed in your description (incl. Model #s). Obviously, you don't have to mention the Samsung 3DTV.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  18. With "player" I mean sp, bino and those that is mentioned. Are they like VLC PLayer? Because that is not what I'm looking for.
    With "streaming" I mean.. Stream online. How to explain it differently?
    Like YT or something. It's online, and not a file that is downloaded to the computer.

Oh, ok. So I'm good to go on Netflix then?

I don't care about temporary files, I just don't want to download the files.

The only thing I haven't mentioned hardware wise is my computer, an Acer Aspire 5739G.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I've already mentioned how SP can take URLs as a source.

For bino, I found this in their documentation:
    Bino combines all input files into one media source which is then played. This means you can have video, audio, and subtitle streams in separate files. The files are decoded with the FFmpeg libraries, so URLs and other special constructs are supported.
    So they can also, though you'd have to use ffmpeg scripts to get it to work, which is beyond your current level, IMO.

For PotPlayer, I found a number of Google search hits that explain how to do it, such as this one:http://www6.hockeystreams.com/support/categories/1/announcements/4493/Watch+Live+via+PotPlayer

Are they like VLC player? In what way are you referring? They don't use completely self-contained/independent libraries, if that's what you're asking.

Streaming: there are many protocols and formats of streaming - RTSP (with RTP, RTCP & RTSV), HLS, MMS, RTMP, HDS, DASH, etc. Yes, I know it's "online", but some of those will work and some won't, depending upon your player.

If you have Netflix (on PC), AND your Netflix is set to use 3D, AND Netflix 3D is compatible with your specific video card, then yes, you're good to go. If any one or more of those is not right, it won't be good to go.

However, I note that your Acer Aspire NOTEBOOK comes with a Geforce GT130M, not a GT240M as you mentioned earlier. A GT130M is NOT HDMI 1.4a compatible (it was built before HDMI 1.4 was released), plus it is NOT nVidia 3DVision compatible. So, unless you were able to somehow replace your non-replaceable card with an upgrade (special order?), your chances for using 3D are now starting to look a lot more difficult.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  20. I have been able to see good 3D on VLC Player. I had to test it first.
    So I know it works, it's just the streaming part that kind of sucks.

I have never bought parts or had any special orders.
    It came with GT 240M. So that is what I have. I checked tho' that the version is 337.88
    I also now saw that I can change 3D settings there, like PhysX-Configuration, use advance settings or not. Stuff like that.
    I am not new with techs, just with 3D.
    So everything I have said that I have, I have

It's really hard to explain what you are asking, so maybe that's why you think I don't know anything.
    You know what VLC Player is, that is being used by many people watching video files that are stored on their computers.
    That is only what I'm been using VLC for. So how to explain it differently what I'm really referring to, I just don't know.
    Looks like the players like vlc, sp, bino and all of them are the same.

Maybe phrase it differently.
    Am I just able to watch good 3D online through a player like bino? or
    how can I watch good 3D online with website's own player?
    Or maybe the problem is that the 3D file just sucks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    The "3D" included with PhysX refers to RENDERING of 3d models for Gaming, scientific stuff. This is not the same as the "3D" I have been talking about all along (Stereoscopic 3D presentation). They have a small overlap, but mainly cover different areas.
    That (3D feature of the card you are using) won't help you when you need to watch stereoscopically.

Version # just refers to the driver that handles that card. That same driver handles a whole family of cards, so that doesn't really tell us anything.

You are just able to watch good 3D (stereoscopically) online through a player like bino, SP, Potplayer, and possibly VLC (here is a link that shows how VLC can show SbS 3D videos as Anaglyphs: https://wiki.videolan.org/Documentation:Modules/anaglyph/).
    Rarely would a standard player be able to correctly handle presenting a stereo3D file: it could happen (by accident of all the stars & circumstances lining up just right), but you couldn't count on it. They're just not built/designed for it. And that kind of thing takes MUCH designing to get right.

Does the file suck? I guess that depends on what you're tastes are, but overall, technically, most 3D files work fine these days.
    I think the problem is more with your equipment and/or how you're using it. Post #2 should have gotten you on the right track.

But, unless you have much more new, thoroughly detailed info to give me, I'm afraid I've exhausted my patience and think you need to do a bit more researching & learning, or wait and get equipment that is clearly able (and advertised) to handle this sort of thing. It's not rocket science, but it isn't a simple walk in the park either.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  22. Ok, that clears a lot (that I HAVE to use the player to watch GOOD 3D). But none of the players took the link I was testing, so..
    That's why I'm kind of confused what you mean by streaming online, and what kind of links these players take.

I will actually use Potplayer instead of VLC (think I'm gonna uninstall it too) from now on, I liked that it is more stable.

But thank you for the help.

Just, one last question.
    Will a new mac be A LOT better?
    Because I'm planning to buy a mac in the near future, so just wondering how mac is with 3D?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Mac is much WORSE at 3D than PC (overall).

Maybe your link is mal-formed.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  24. MUCH worse?
    How come?

Perhapse..
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!