VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I can export closed captions in SCC format and want them embedded inside an H264 MP4 file. Can I do this through handbrake or any other software with a consumer friendly cost (not the $1000+ solutions)
    Quote Quote  
  2. CCExtraxtor might be interesting.
    Also can you post a sample scc file?
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by video2me View Post
    I can export closed captions in SCC format and want them embedded inside an H264 MP4 file. Can I do this through handbrake or any other software with a consumer friendly cost (not the $1000+ solutions)
    There is no solution to your problem if you want to add subtitles as closed captions stored in the H.264 user data (the type of closed captions proposed for H.264 ATSC TV broadcasts). Your only choice for that today is expensive pro tools.

Handbrake can add subtitles as a separate track in the MP4 file, which can be turned on and off if the player supports muxed subtitles, or encode them into the video itself, which makes them permanently visible. You will need to convert SCC subs to something Handbrake can use first. Try Subtitle Workshop for that.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 16th Jul 2014 at 11:00.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I need to embed my closed caption data into my H.264 video file. What are some of the "professional" tools that can do this?

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DyoungLA View Post
    I need to embed my closed caption data into my H.264 video file. What are some of the "professional" tools that can do this?

thanks
    I remember looking at these two 6 years ago:
    Pixel Tools Expert-Caption
    telestream CaptionMaker
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!