VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi there, I have an album encoded in FLAC + CUE, there are 2 CDs. How can I burn them into a CD Audio? I have to convert them before?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I don't use it for this purpose, but I'm sure that ImgBurn can burn an audio CD for you from the FLAC and CUE files. You shouldn't need to convert. Follow this guide and open the CUE file with ImgBurn
    http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=61

If you have Nero, Nero can also burn audio CDs from CUE files or just the FLAC files.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have to download another software, can't I do it with Ashampoo?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I use ImgBurn version 2.5.0.0, it's adware free and still the BEST burner available today:
    https://www.videohelp.com/tools/ImgBurn/old-versions#download
    Quote Quote  
  5. OK, I've downloaded the 2.5.0.0 version, clicked on Write image file to disc...

... and selected the .cue file, but I get this error.

Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I don't have the patience or time to walk you through the fix for this. Sorry. Maybe someone else does. If not, then you'll have to convert the FLAC files to WAV and burn those with whatever CD audio software you have. I can't help you with Ashampoo - never used it.
    Quote Quote  
  7. A Member since June, 2004 Keyser's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Download and install FLAC Frontend. Run it and click 'Add files'. Load your FLAC file. Click 'Decode'. It should create a WAV file with the same name and in the same folder as your FLAC.

Open your CUE file with NOTEPAD and edit the line beginning with FILE... changing the file extension to .WAV instead of .FLAC. Save the CUE file. Now you can use virtually any burning software that burns images. Choose burn image and point to your CUE file. You can use ImgBurn as you did before. This time it won't show you any error message.

Hope this helps
    "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Does Flac Frontent come with the FLAC codec/decoder?
    Quote Quote  
  9. A Member since June, 2004 Keyser's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Yes. It comes with version 1.3.0.
    "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    When I built my 64 bit Win 7 PC 2 years ago, I tried to run FLAC Frontend and it didn't work under 64 bit Win 7. If it still has problems with 64 bit Windows and the OP is running 64 bit Windows, he'll have to find a different program for the conversion. Free Audio Converter should work.
    Quote Quote  
  11. A Member since June, 2004 Keyser's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I believe two years ago THIS FLAC Frontend didn't even exist. Maybe you're reffering to the Frontend that is shipped with FLAC 1.2.1b. This new Frontend version 2.1 runs with no problems in Windows 7 64.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
    I believe two years ago THIS FLAC Frontend didn't even exist. Maybe you're reffering to the Frontend that is shipped with FLAC 1.2.1b. This new Frontend version 2.1 runs with no problems in Windows 7 64.
    Yes, I think that is what I was referring to. Thanks for that information that the new one works. Good to know.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Sorry, Keyser, but if I use that software don't I convert them into WAV?
    Quote Quote  
  14. A Member since June, 2004 Keyser's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Yes. That's the whole point! So they will be compatible with any burning software. After burning you can just delete the WAV and edit back your CUE file as it was before.
    Quote Quote  
  15. At this rate, if I have to convert, wouldn't it be better to convert in MP3 (it's easier with foobar2000) and then burn the CD?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by Matteo View Post
    At this rate, if I have to convert, wouldn't it be better to convert in MP3 (it's easier with foobar2000) and then burn the CD?
    It's nonsense to convert lossless audio to lossy format to get audio CD. Foobar can convert to wave as well and it may use cue file as well to make separate tracks.

Another option is Exact Audio Copy which can utilise cue and convert flac on the flight.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No don't convert to mp3! You will loose quality.
    Convert to wav and burn as image but you will have to edit the cue sheet in a texteditor and change filename.flac to filename.wav.
    Then use any burn software that is capable of burning image.
    You have to convert because cd audio is uncompressed
    Quote Quote  
  18. A Member since June, 2004 Keyser's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Now you lost me. I thought you wanted to burn Audio CDs. If you convert to MP3 you will get a lossy file which means there will be a quality loss. And then what? Do you stil want to burn an Audio CD from the MP3 (bad idea) or you want to burn an MP3 CD (a different thing altogether)
    Quote Quote  
  19. All you have to do is go here and download Medieval CUE Splitter: http://www.medieval.it/cuesplitter-pc/menu-id-71.html

This splits the large track into individual tracks (without any quality loss).

Another tool you can use is CUETools: http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=CUETools

Use Ashampoo to burn as normal. If the tracks are gapless, set Ashampoo to not include 2 second pause (see Options).
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by Matteo View Post
    OK, I've downloaded the 2.5.0.0 version, clicked on Write image file to disc...

... and selected the .cue file, but I get this error.

Install MadFlac
    Quote Quote  
  21. A Member since June, 2004 Keyser's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    All you have to do is go here and download Medieval CUE Splitter: http://www.medieval.it/cuesplitter-pc/menu-id-71.html

This splits the large track into individual tracks (without any quality loss).
    Why splitt it when all he wants is to burn the entire CD? Makes no sense.

If the tracks are gapless, set Ashampoo to not include 2 second pause
    That's exactly why using CUE sheets is the best way to go. You don't need to worry about gaps. The burning software will use whatever gaps (or not) are presente in the CUE file.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Why splitt it when all he wants is to burn the entire CD? Makes no sense.

Because Ashampoo can't read a CUE sheet.

That's exactly why using CUE sheets is the best way to go. You don't need to worry about gaps. The burning software will use whatever gaps (or not) are presente in the CUE file.

Because Ashampoo automatically sets a standard 2 second gap between tracks.

The burning software will use whatever gaps (or not) are presente in the CUE file.

Ashampoo doesn't use CUE sheets

->
    ->

The OP expressed a want to burn with Ashampoo.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Matteo View Post
    Hi there, I have an album encoded in FLAC + CUE, there are 2 CDs. How can I burn them into a CD Audio? I have to convert them before?
    Burrrn will do it. http://www.burrrn.net/?page_id=4

It will decode the flacs for you (into temporary file(s) that get deleted when done) then burn the audio cd and even write cd-text from the cuesheet. So double check the cuesheet, open Burrrn, drag the cuesheet onto Burrrn's window, edit whatever titles/names/etc you want, and burrrn away.

I have it running on 64bit Win7

Hope it helps
    Last edited by redsandvb; 17th Jul 2014 at 00:49.
    Put NBC's Ed on Blu-ray!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Imgburn works with cue+flac IF you have correctly installed madflac.ax (or equivalent) Dshow filters. If it's not working, it's because you didn't do it right.

If you continue to have problems and don't want to spend time troubleshooting, just convert your flacs to wavs (& modding the cue text), as mentioned above. It's not rocket science.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  25. It is also important to see what is inside cue file (sometimes they referring to wav which not exist - assume after error message that this is not the case but better check than chase own tale).
    And advise from me - better to set lowest possible speed for writing manually (nowadays something around 8x i assume but in the past 1x or 2x was a good option, modern CDR's are slightly different - IMHO worse - but on good disc still going to lowest possible speed should be a good choice)
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by Matteo View Post
    can't I do it with Ashampoo?
    If you're using Burning Studio (12), .FLAC is supported.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2014.07.16_09h57m15s_001_Add Tracks.jpg
Views:	578
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	26434  

Quote Quote  
  27. All versions of Ashampoo (even 6 Free support FLAC). It's the CUE file that's the problem, and track allocation/separation on the CD.
    I have to admit that the later versions v12+ I have not used.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    What I don't understand is why the OP is using an app that can't do DAO CD burning via CUE sheet correctly in 2014 when CDRWin was able to do so in 1997 (17 years ago!). Maybe he does prefer this (as per post#3), but that doesn't mean I would recommend he stick with it.

Get Burnn or ImgBurn or EAC, etc and be done with it.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!