VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey guys.

I need to know what service exists or how I can construct a livestream/webcast with little delay?

I ask because my near future goal is to be able to take that low-latency livestream and with the help of a group chat/talk plugin, pipe in audio from online participants simulating the effect of a live classroom experience regardless of your location.

Right now work for a small startup that offers adult education classes to finance and accounting professionals. 50% of our class are outside of our brick and mortar setting. We use UStream as our content delivery service. It's great service but the 25-30 delay in video transmission is beginning to annoy me especially after what I am attempting to develop with a more "interactive" experience for our online students.

I just made a thread on another forum soliciting feedback about an miking proposal that would pipe in audio from the classroom participants, if you're interested.

Again, how to I get to a low-latency setup?

Screenshot below:

Click image for larger version

Name:	login-screenshot.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	25893
    Last edited by CDAllenInc; 23rd Jun 2014 at 00:48.
    Quote Quote