VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13
Thread
  1. I have used media player classic for years and never had a problem with it until now, whenever i play a file i get this crackled line that appears every so often in the middle of the screen, i initially thought that i had a video card problem, but i checked everything out on vlc player and it all plays fine, but i prefer mpc as there is better option especially when u watch hd content, i cant get the screen size i want in vlc but with mpc u can just increase or decrease screen, so if any one has any ideas why all off a sudden in getting these weird lines across the screen, please let me know.

    Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. DECEASED
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Heaven
    Search Comp PM
    INsufficient data == no help at all
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    canada
    Search Comp PM
    Update to the newest mpc-hc,your version is most likely out of date.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Sorry i should have said i am on the latest version, but it happens on older versions to, and i changed the vga wire to check and its not that, games play ok, so dont think its the graphics card and like i said it seems ok on vlc and i tried pot player and it does the same.

    There is a new update to my graphics card so im doing that now nvidia geforce 8600gt and i have latest k-lite codec pack
    Last edited by adamf154; 22nd Jun 2014 at 05:26.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    canada
    Search Comp PM
    Are you using mpc-hc or mpc.Best to uninstall the codec pack and install ffdshow only,
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  6. i am using mpc-hc
    Quote Quote  
  7. i am using mpc-hc, just tried that and i downloaded mpc on its own and is still got the raggedy line going across the screen every so often
    Quote Quote  
  8. DECEASED
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Heaven
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by adamf154 View Post
    There is a new update to my graphics card so im doing that now nvidia geforce 8600gt and i have latest k-lite codec pack
    IF you don't use MPC-HC in the portable mode, THEN there is a key in the Registry for MPC-HC,
    which often causes a lot of problems. Tick the option "Store settings to .ini file", delete the pesky Registry key,
    and see what happens.

    Otherwise, there must be SOME partial incompatibility between MPC-HC and the drivers for your video card,
    at least I've already seen that problem happen with *some* builds of MPC (i.e., not the Homecinema flavor).
    Try to find a version of the drivers which makes the problem disappear
    Quote Quote  
  9. ive just tried that and its still there, and i downloaded a graphics card update so everything is up to date, i might uninstall all codecs and vlc player tomorrow and just try with mpc and see if it is any better
    Quote Quote  
  10. DECEASED
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Heaven
    Search Comp PM
    Sometimes the problem is exactly in the "updates"

    Because "newer" not always means *better*.

    Anyway, we still don't know the settings you have for MPC-HC,
    in fact we don't even know what is the operating system you're running.
    Quote Quote  
  11. The raggedly line sound like tearing (is it like the pic on that page?) Changing the renderer in MPC-HC's options might fix it. Which renderer are you using now?
    Or try resetting MPC-HC (under miscellaneous in options). You may have inadvertently changed a setting.

    I'm also running a Nvidia GeForce 8600gt (on XP) and I had problems with newer drivers when I updated them recently (incorrect luminance levels) so I went back to older drivers.

    For reasons I don't understand, if I use a Bicubic resizer in MPC-HC I tend to get tearing, and the more a video needs to be resized for fullscreen the more it's likely to happen, but the Bilinear (PS 2.0) resizer is fine (which I prefer anyway) so I use it. That may change according to the renderer being used. I can't remember. I use WMR9.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    Sometimes the problem is exactly in the "updates"

    Because "newer" not always means *better*.

    Anyway, we still don't know the settings you have for MPC-HC,
    in fact we don't even know what is the operating system you're running.
    Windows 7
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    The raggedly line sound like tearing (is it like the pic on that page?) Changing the renderer in MPC-HC's options might fix it. Which renderer are you using now?
    Or try resetting MPC-HC (under miscellaneous in options). You may have inadvertently changed a setting.

    I'm also running a Nvidia GeForce 8600gt (on XP) and I had problems with newer drivers when I updated them recently (incorrect luminance levels) so I went back to older drivers.

    For reasons I don't understand, if I use a Bicubic resizer in MPC-HC I tend to get tearing, and the more a video needs to be resized for fullscreen the more it's likely to happen, but the Bilinear (PS 2.0) resizer is fine (which I prefer anyway) so I use it. That may change according to the renderer being used. I can't remember. I use WMR9.
    Its more like the shape the of a bolt of lightning and it might move up or down the screen a bit
    Quote Quote