VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search PM
    Hello, there

After encoding and IVTC I noticed some "artifacts", Is there is any way to remove these artifacts?

Quote Quote  
  2. Maybe. Depends on what they are.
    Quote Quote  
  3. so far i do not see any artifacts as i am pulling out my hairs what ever is left-over, now.
    if you help me pull out my hairs, may be someone here may help you, if they really see any.
    Quote Quote  
  4. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    The link you posted seems broken: https://whatimg.com/i/i5B4G0.png
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    That was the script:

LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\DGDecode.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\TIVTC.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\FillMargins.dll")

MPEG2Source("F:\Crocodile DVD\Work\Rats audio.d2v", cpu=0)

TFM().Decimate()
    Crop(0,2,-0,2)
    FillMargins(0,1,0,0)

After encoding I noticed some left over around faces, sorry for wasting your time but I'm a beginner and want to learn.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by TeNSoR View Post
    ...I'm a beginner and want to learn.
    Then make a small untouched sample available, one that shows the problem you claim you have after the IVTC.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Thanks, this untouched sample before these left over appeared, I'll be grateful if you suggest a proper script.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by TeNSoR; 18th Jun 2014 at 04:22.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I normally use 'vinverse()' to clean up some (residual) combing after IVTC.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    What artifacts? Maybe it's just me.

The movie looks like 1.75:1 image ratio, not 1.77778:1. It's not supposed to completely fill a 16:9 TV screen. 1.75:1 was used as VistaVision and by Disney and many European studios. Example; original mastered version of A Hard Day's Night (1964) was 1.75:1. Hollywood doesn't make 16:9 movies. Exact 16:9 is only for TV production and consumer cameras. FillMargins() distorts the side borders IMO. What is this obsession with distorting stuff just to fill some pixels that aren't supposed to be filled anyway ? ? ?
    - My sister Ann's brother
    Quote Quote  
  10. That sample is film with soft 3:2 pulldown. If the entire movie is like that you should use Video -> Field Operation -> Forced Film in DgIndex. Then you don't need TFM().TDecimate(). That will prevent errors that TFM().TDecimate() sometimes produces.

But I still don't know what artifacts you are complaining about. I do see a little residual combing from time base errors here and there, over sharpening halos, and a bit of noise. And there appears to be some ringing artifacts created by the encoder -- use more bitrate or higher quality encoder settings.

By the way, you should post sample images at the same size as the source, not resized to the display aspect ratio. Otherwise one can't tell what problems are create by resizing and what problems are in the source.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sameframe.png
Views:	378
Size:	748.3 KB
ID:	25797
    Last edited by jagabo; 18th Jun 2014 at 07:46.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Thank you all for help.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!