VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys , anyone got, or owned a Sony DCR-SR90E Handycam ? I thinking of buying one and need help with any issues to look out for , or indeed any great features , If this is a good basic model , feel free to comment, all help welcomed, Cheers.
    Health IS the first Wealth------So do not strain your eyes!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Let's put this the other way. What do you find attractive about it? I see no good reason to buy a standard definition. mpeg2, hard drive camera in 2014.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I agree with smrpix. That camera is 8 years old. At least that's the copyright date of Sony's manual for that camera.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi smrpix, thanks for your comment
    “What do you find attractive about it?” the usual, the price!

Hi Tree Tops ,yes it’s an old cam ,User manual dated 2006. On Amazon it first appeared on the scene 3rd September 2006

Found three owners reviews there, all positive, all from 2006. Does not appear to be any issues with this Mpeg 2 HDD cam. Anyone who wants info on this cam
    Sony Tech Specs here
    http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-specs/DCR-SR90E/list

I have decided to give this cam a miss not on Mpeg quality , ( you get what you pay for)! but on seller quality (you have to be careful who you buy from)! Anyway guys thank both, for your comments and the interest. However, there are a few interesting features connected with this 2006 cam, such as the HDD crash protection system, the Dolby 5.1 creator for surround sound system, and the add on, facility for a wireless mic that could come in handy for presentations , many thanks guys.
    visionman
    Health IS the first Wealth------So do not strain your eyes!
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!