VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi members , i have a Panasonic HC-X900M video camera and use Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13 for editing...........

every time i upload a video to Youtube it turns out shite , it is jerky and choppy below is a original and then what Youtube does to it.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5b2zmxzfmnyb9jc/00057.MTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFIOY8qtu6U

i was wondering if anyone knows what i can do to stop the jerkiness/choppiness on my uploads

any help is appreciated
    Quote Quote  
  2. It's a download speed/buffering issue, not an encoding issue. Download the file from YouTube, play it from your desktop and you will see it as as smooth as your original. Only option is to get much faster internet connections for yourself and all your friends.
    Quote Quote  
  3. No, it's a flash player issue. I can see that the entire video is buffered in a few seconds but it still plays jerky in Firefox.
    Quote Quote  
  4. i dont think its a download speed/buffering problem as when the video is playing its buffered way ahead of where its playing time is and its jerky/choppy.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Looks pretty good on my ipad. No flash.

But you must clean your desk...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Did you shoot this in 50p? If you did, then the reason the youtube version isn't as smooth, is because it's 25p. Youtube doesn't support 50p / 60p.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  7. This is a well known problem with Adobe Flash Player and some graphics cards. Switching hardware acceleration off/on in Flash Player might help.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Looks pretty good on my ipad. No flash.

But you must clean your desk...

thats interesting you said about it being ok on ipad , someone from Racketboy forums said its ok on his too.

Did you shoot this in 50p? If you did, then the reason the youtube version isn't as smooth, is because it's 25p. Youtube doesn't support 50p / 60p.

yes this was recorded in 50P........ hmmm , where to go from from here ?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Youtube will convert 50p to 25p and there's nothing you can do about that. That makes your video slightly jerky/flickery compared to the 50p source. If you download the Youtube video and play it locally it will have the same jerky/flickery look. Adding motion blur to your video before uploading will help a bit.

Beyond that is the issue with Flash Player and some graphics card drivers that adds obvious random jerks during playback.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    About the only jerky is the pans here. I upload a lot of files to youtube and you have to keep the pans real slow or they will be jerky.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Experiment using longer shutter speeds (1/100 or even 1/50), using camcorder in manual mode outside, possibly with some ND filter, if there is a thread at the end for some filter.
    That might reduce your problem a bit also.
    Quote Quote  
  12. The attached video shows the type of jerkiness that Flash Player gives on some computers. If you single step through it you'll see there are many duplicate and missing frames.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  13. If you recording for YouTube
    set camera to record to 30p or 25p
    or reencode with Adobe Premiere with frame blending option to 30p
    Don't know if Sony Movie Studio have this option
    Quote Quote  
  14. my camera can do 25P but reduces the resolution in a huge way so i dont want to use that option..............

also my cam can do 50i and ive read all that is is 25P in a 50i wrapper

is there some method to converting the 50i into 25P ?
    Quote Quote  
  15. I believe Vegas will blend frames by default when it reduces the frame rate.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That last thing you want to do is shoot interlaced. Always shoot the highest quality your camera can do and that's 50p.

Your problem is knowledge. You need to understand the effect of motion or panning when viewed at different framerates. High speed motion / panning works well with high fps, especially if the picture is sharp. If you plan on shooting for youtube, then you need to steady your shots and slow your pans. These are all basic shooting Technics which you should master. You'll also want to learn about shutter speed as it applies to motion and sharpness.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  17. hi guys im back ..................

with your suggestions i have recorded a short video at 50p with a Shutter of 1/50 and rendered to 25p with Frame Blending

heres a link of how it came out theres definitely a improvement over my first attempt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yniJWDUIzWc
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!