VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9
FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Another question: what is your reaction to this line in my post # 238?
    They all run on Vdub AND, surprisingly, on Windows Media player but NOT on MPC-HC, which simply crashes each time I try to open any of these scripts !
    Could this be a clue?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I don't think this would cause a problem with AviSource but did you remember to put a copy of fftw3.dll in your SysWow64 folder?

Regarding the different programs/players -- that's why I mentioned the 32 vs. 64 bit issue. I thought maybe one was different. But it's not too unusual for different programs to react differently to scripts. It's the nature of bugs. But I haven't seen problems with simple scripts like that.

directshowsource.dll being hidden explains why DirectShowSource() didn't work.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you jagabo,

fftw3.dll
    Yes it is there, and apparently I put it there on the day the johnmeyer script worked alright for the first time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fftw3.JPG
Views:	557
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	33496

Players
    The funny thing is that until August 31st Windows Mediaplayer would DEFINITELY NOT play an avs-script and now it does!
    Until that day MPC-HC could play scripts and now not at all.. Very strange.

DSS

Yes, I understand that things in the HIDE-folder do not participate in the proces. Should I put it back into the general plugin folder?

Windows update?

As mentioned before, I did not change anything. The johnmeyer script just stopped working on August 31st. That is why I thought of a virus, but MBAM found nothing.
    System Restore does not function anymore but it tells me that an 'Essential update' was performed on August 30.
    It is my suspicion that this may be the cause, also because from roughly the same date on, Premiere has become a lot slower..
    I am trying to find out which KB number it could be. Would you know where this can be found? Do you have experience with damages done by Windows updates? Should I e.g. re-install AviSynth?

My apologies for all these questions but I am really at a loss..
    Quote Quote  
  4. You can see what updates were installed on what date (and remove them) with the Add/Remove Programs (just Programs in Win7+) by pressing View Installed Updates.

I suppose reinstalling AviSynth wouldn't hurt.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That is what I thought as well, but the last one was the one dated August 19th

Click image for larger version

Name:	KB12.8.15.JPG
Views:	582
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	33499

whereas, at the time, System Restore mentioned the 'gray' one dated August 30th:

Name:  sysrestore.JPG
Views: 779
Size:  34.4 KB

So there must have been a later update, but it does not appear in 'View Installed Updates'. The updates for Office and other parts are even older. I'll continue my search.

- Should I move move DSS frome the HIDE to the general plugin folder?

- I'll try to reinstall AviSynth
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by minimax View Post
    - Should I move move DSS frome the HIDE to the general plugin folder?
    If you want to use DirectShowSource() the dll must not be hidden (or you could load it manually in your script). Having it autoload doesn't hurt anything else so I see no reason to have it in the plugins folder.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    1. Sorry jagabo, I do not quite understand: should I put it in the general plugins folder, or do you see no reason to put it there and can I leave it in the HIDE folder?

2.Please be referred to my post #232: do you have an explanation for the fact that VirtualDub/AviSynth refers to line 108 when using the johnmeyer-script?
    That line reads: source1= Avisource(film).killaudio().assumefps(play_speed). converttoYV12().

About the Windows update: the August 30 update indeed exists but is one of the type that cannot be removed. So there I am stuck as well..
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by minimax View Post
    1. Sorry jagabo, I do not quite understand: should I put it in the general plugins folder, or do you see no reason to put it there and can I leave it in the HIDE folder?
    Do not hide the dll. Leave it in the plugins folder so you can use DirectShowSource() when you need to.

Originally Posted by minimax View Post
    2.Please be referred to my post #232: do you have an explanation for the fact that VirtualDub/AviSynth refers to line 108 when using the johnmeyer-script?
    That line reads: source1= Avisource(film).killaudio().assumefps(play_speed). converttoYV12().
    All I can tell you is that error code 2 means the folder exists but there is no file with that name in the folder.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ALL OF A SUDDEN THE SCRIPT WORKS AGAIN!

That is great of course, but I have no idea why. May be another Windows update?
    Anyway, my thanks to all for your efforts to get me on stream again.
    See you at the next collaps
    Meanwhile I shall be making hay while the sun shines...
    Thanks again!
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys,
    On December 14th I started experimenting with VideoFred's scripts and, at first, they worked fine.
    Since yesterday (Dec.17) however, they do not run any longer and I am getting this message, when trying to open a script:

Name:  Fred1.JPG
Views: 679
Size:  18.9 KB

Trying to load a script (which worked before) in VDub causes an Avisynth Open Failure.
    Again I suspect a Windows 7 update to be the cause, but I am not sure. System Restore does not work anymore on my computer.
    Would anyone have clue or better, a cure?
    Would be most grateful!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by minimax View Post
    at first, they worked fine. Since yesterday (Dec.17) however, they do not run any longer
    System Restore does not work anymore on my computer.
    Hmm.
    Could be a language thing. What is the full disk/folder path to your plugins etc ? (looking for special characters), yes it could be Windows.

Or ... try this bootable check
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/what-is-windows-defender-offline
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Hydra,
    Meanwhile I found that from the folder that I used before the script does work. However it does NOT from a newly made folder with an even shorter path!
    I am not sure how the path to the plugin file should be determined. Possibly I am doing something wrong there. Could you advise me on that please?

Tried Windows Defender Offline on the system restore thing, but to no avail.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by TekVilla View Post
    I have a major project going transferring several hundred 400' reels of 8mm and Super 8mm film to digital. I've got the wonderful Retro-8 scanner from Roger Evans and the RetroScan HD software, and this does a great job of scanning the films. I export the scans as Image Sequences (jpg or png) and open these in VirtualDub. I then use Neat Video to Denoise the frames and am getting excellent results.

My issue is that I would like to despot the sequences too. Being old and delicate I am reluctant to do much in the way of manual cleaning before scanning, and in any case much of the dirt cannot be removed this way having become well embedded over forty years. I have downloaded VideoFred's Film Restoring scripts and after much head scratching finally figured how to get VirtualDub to run them and again the results are good.

What I can't do is figure out how to edit the scripts so as to remove the 'before and after' comparison built into them. Obviously my requirement is simply to process the sequence so as to finish up with a single, cleaned, full frame image with no text overlay. If I comment out what I think is the relevant section the script fails, either with a message advising the line, or it just fails completely.

Can someone please advise me on how to do this? I'm really tearing my hair out over this, and I don't have much of it to spare. Many thanks.
    Looks a tad over sharpened...
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!