VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm looking for a cheap camera that I can buy, used, on Ebay for under $50 shipped.

I just want something that will take reasonably sharp pictures of electronics items for Ebay. That's all I'm going to use it for.

The problem is, I know nothing about cameras. I've never owned one.

Any suggestions would really help. I've searched for a couple of hours in that price range and come up with nothing that doesn't have a ton of bad reviews.

Does what I'm looking for even exist?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Your price range is insanely low. At that price you're only going to get pieces of crap and/or cameras in really iffy condition (works today when you get it, doesn't work a few days later). Sony makes some really nice digital cameras that aren't difficult to use. Here's one that's about $80, but it could do the job you want.
    http://www.amazon.com/Sony-W800-Digital-Camera-Black/dp/B00I8BIBCW/ref=sr_1_3?s=electr...digital+camera
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you have a cell phone that has a camera why not try that?

Brainiac
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
    If you have a cell phone that has a camera why not try that?
    I thought of that too, but I figured if he had to ask about getting a digital camera, there must be some reason that wouldn't work for him. The process of getting photos off an iPhone is more complex than it really should be. The process of doing it on Android is not too bad but not intuitive for a lot of non-IT people. Well, those are my opinions.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the replies guys. I don't own a cell phone, I never have and I don't want one. Not old or non tech savvy- I just hate them.

$50 is my budget. So I'm probably just going to have to get a cheap Canon or Nikon. How bad could they be? Again, I'm not looking for pro quality pictures. If I start doing volume on Ebay and I'm making money, I will upgrade my equipment.
    Quote Quote  
  6. You can take tolerable stills with a webcam, good enough for web pix.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Since you mentioned used, I did a search on Amazon and found this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Fujifilm-Finepix-Digital-Camera-Optical/dp/B000NOUP0S/ref=sr_1_2...digital+camera

The FujiFilm cameras I've had in the past worked well for me. Other may have differing opinions.

Brainiac
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the link. It seemed intriguing, but unfortunately it takes special rechargeable batteries and they need a battery charger. I'm betting most on Ebay are overpriced or from China. Last time I ordered from a Chinese seller it took six weeks. Never again. Still looking. Seems like this is going to be an all day project for me.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dafoe View Post
    Thanks for the link. It seemed intriguing, but unfortunately it takes special rechargeable batteries and they need a battery charger. I'm betting most on Ebay are overpriced or from China. Last time I ordered from a Chinese seller it took six weeks. Never again. Still looking. Seems like this is going to be an all day project for me.
    The Amazon website CLEARLY says that the FujiFilm camera works on regular batteries. Read the reviews. Geez.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I have the European version of this older/discontinued model and LOVE it.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-PowerShot-Digital-ELPH-SD790-IS-Digital-IXUS-90-IS-10-0-...item19edc6d07a
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    Originally Posted by dafoe View Post
    The Amazon website CLEARLY says that the FujiFilm camera works on regular batteries. Read the reviews. Geez.
    I read evidence to the contrary. No need for an attitude. Amazon reviews are not always 100% accurate.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by dafoe View Post

I read evidence to the contrary. No need for an attitude. Amazon reviews are not always 100% accurate.
    So then you checked out other reviews on other sites. What did you find out?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Find a used Canon Elph or Sony DSC on eBay. That's your best bet.

Here's a nice used on on Amazon for $60: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00B5HE3AK/?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&condition=used&cr...ALOVF6ZO35TB33

I have both. The Elph takes better video and outside day photos. The Sony takes better flash photos and better low-light (no flash, high ISO) photos. I pick the one that is best for the task. (Note that they're not that big a difference. Compared to my Nikon D3, they all suck!)

Put it in my pocket and go.

I wouldn't get anywhere near Fuji. As a camera maker, they're a total failure.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!