VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi all, I'm using Mkvmerge (MKVTOOLNIX) to split video by time and by size, but I'm only input one file per split because input more two files it only output same name. I want when the fist file splitted already (video1(1).mkv) then mkvmerge continue spliting other video and output (video2(1).mkv)
    How can I do that with mkvmerge or other software? Thank for helping me! ( Sorry with my english )
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It's probably easiest using a windows batch bat file. But you have to cut all mkvs at same time or size.

Make a test.bat text file with the mkvmerge command and put in same folder as your mkvs. Make a new folder newfiles in same folder.

Filename: test.bat

Code:
    for %%a in ("*.mkv") do "c:\mkvtoolnix\mkvmerge.exe" -o "newfiles\%%a" --split size:700m "%%a"
    pause
    Then double click/run the test.bat. You can test with just one mkv first.

THe split command works like
    --split size:33M
    --split duration:00:60:00.000
    --split timecodes:00:45:00.000
    http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/doc/mkvmerge.html#mkvmerge.description
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank Baldrick so much!
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can also set individual splitting for all the files by clicking on Add to job queue and muxing/manage jobs click on start,in the options i set check clear inputs after adding a job to the job queue so you don't have to keep removing files to add a new one when doing this batch method.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ...and you don't have to split them all to the same size when using batch, but unless it's important it may not be worth the effort getting it to work any other way.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!