VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello!

There seems to be a lot of them. Are there any particularly good ones? I have an Astrometa USB DVB-C Tuner (cheapest one available). It's software was rather pitiful. I tried SmartDVB but that was nonfunctional, it seems like it's only for satellites. ProgDVB works with issues. It crashes very often. The image freezes if I start whatever that requires admin rights. Also downscaling is (even using EVR CP) garbage, appalingly aliased. And I use it as a small window a lot.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe DVBViewer. It's not free though.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    NextPVR is another possibility. It lists DVB-C tuners as supported and it is free. Setting up the program guide can entail some work, and requires finding a source for the guide data.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks for the tips. I'll have a look.
    Is there one that can use madVR? At least that would properly downscale the video.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Apparently, madVR doesn't work properly with NextPVR. EVR was recommended as an alternative by some members of NextPVR's user forum. http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?54615-madVR
    Quote Quote  
  6. Well, NextPVR didn't work out. It does work poorly with madVR and EVR looks just as crappy as with ProgDVB. Also it can't function properly with LAV video codec which has a good HW decoder and deinterlacer... So more pain, no gain.
    I'll try the other later.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!