VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    More than a half-million computers in over 100 countries were infected by sophisticated malware that lets cybercriminals remotely hijack a computer and its webcam, authorities said as charges were announced Monday against nearly 100 people worldwide.

Authorities said 97 people suspected of using or distributing the malicious software called BlackShades have been arrested in 16 countries, including the software’s owner, a 24-year-old Swedish man.

“This case is a strong reminder that no one is safe while using the Internet,” said Koen Hermans, a Netherlands official in Eurojust, the European Union’s criminal investigation coordination unit. “It should serve as a warning and deterrent to those involved in the manufacture and use of this software.”

U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara called BlackShades a “frightening form of cybercrime,” saying a cybercriminal could buy a $40 malicious program whose capabilities were “sophisticated and its invasiveness breathtaking.” FBI Agent Leo Taddeo said people suspecting they are BlackShades victims should visit FBI.gov to learn how to check computers.

Authorities said the BlackShades Remote Access Tool or “RAT” has been sold since 2010 to several thousand users, generating sales of more than $350,000. The agency said one of the program’s co-creators is cooperating and had provided extensive information.

Source:
    http://www.wirelessdesignmag.com/news/2014/05/fbi-blackshades-infected-half-million-computers
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by ranchhand View Post
    people suspecting they are BlackShades victims should visit FBI.gov
    LOL. Where you can get infected with the official US Government spyware?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Just making little FuN, nothing to do with BlackShades or FBI.
    It's already been 25th beer over my head.

FBI Agent Leo Taddeo said people suspecting they are BlackShades victims should visit FBI.gov to learn how to check computers.
    I am drunk, I can see/read properly...
    Just few word here-n-there from the quoted text as I saw/read.

Infected people said to FBI Agent Leo Taddeo, they (FuNNY BuSSiNeSS InveSTIGAtion - FBI) should visit BlackShades victims to learn how to check computers.

I just called FuNNY BuSSiNeSS InveSTIGAtion just to check if I am infected, but Agent Lo Todilo replied gibberish as I listened.
    I just hung up!
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!