VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello all!

I'm trying to back up one of my store-bought DVDs with Handbrake, and there are multiple titles (as usual) and I've got all but one title to behave. When I play the DVD on my Mac with the stock DVD app, there are 7 different video interviews (cast & crew) embedded in Title 2. Handbrake says title 2 is 1:42 minutes, and only 2 chapters. When I play the 7 interviews with the DVD app, they are different lengths, and they all say they're title 2, but they're spread out across 14 chapters. Handbrake doesn't see the 14 chapters, but the DVD app does. There's only 1 video angle. In the past I would just make a VIDEO_TS file of the DVD without the movie (to save space) so I'd be able to watch the troublesome special features embedded in that single title. I thought I'd ask here if someone knows a way to extract those 7 video files from that title.

When I ripped that title, only the last of the 7 interviews came out.

Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    You mention a Mac. Are you doing this work on a Mac? If yes, then you have a Mac problem, NOT a "DVD Ripping" problem and you are in the wrong forum. Newbies always make that mistake. If you are doing ANYTHING at all on a Mac and have a problem, probably 95% of the time it is a Mac specific issue. Those need to go in our Mac forum. Such posts have a special symbol that our few Mac gurus look for. Otherwise posting here is likely to get you Windows answers, which will do you no good on a Mac.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay.

I just fired up my Lenovo notebook, running Windows 8. And my Asus notebook running Windows 7. On both machines I'm using Handbrake 0.9.9.5470 for DVD ripping and using VLC 2.2.0 to play the dvd. I'm having the SAME EXACT ISSUE as above.

I am not a newbie that got a Mac for Christmas. At this hour, I happen to be using a Mac because the stuff I'm working on requires it. If it was yesterday (or tomorrow) I would probably be ripping this DVD on a PC. Or in a Linux VirtualBox, just for fun.

So, if this is, and I quote: "NOT a "DVD Ripping" problem and you are in the wrong forum" .... what do you suggest?

If anyone else has a suggestion, it would be helpful. Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You could always try the latest nightly build of handbrake, http://handbrake.fr/nightly.php
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hmm... I will definitely try that later tonight... though, over the years I've run into this weird issue from time to time, I've only recently thought to ask about it on a forum. Thank you for your suggestion, Baldrick!
    Quote Quote  
  6. I trust Handbrake about as far as I can throw it. What do real apps such as VobBlanker or PGCEdit or PGCDemux have to say about this mysterious second title? To know what to do you first have to understand how it's structured. You can even post pics if you don't understand what you're seeing. All three programs mentioned are Windows programs. My suspicion is that all seven interviews are in the second title, each with 2 cells, but VobBlanker can quickly get to the bottom of it. It can also extract the VOBs for the various interviews.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, Manono... those are all good suggestions, too. I'm guilty of using only Handbrake for ripping, so I'll check out those other wares later on tonight. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    PGCDemux did the trick.... Thank you manono!
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!