VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    hi guys

long'm having trouble encoding with Handbrake. I am using a RPD Encoding

When I try to put the amount I need Bitrate, immediately tells me this error:

Error code:

An Unknown Error has occured.
    System.Globalization.CultureNotFoundException: Culture is not supported.
    Parameter name: culture
    22538 (0x580a) is an invalid culture identifier.
    at System.Globalization.CultureData.GetCultureData(In t32 culture, Boolean bUseUserOverride)
    at System.Globalization.CultureInfo.InitializeFromCul tureId(Int32 culture, Boolean useUserOverride)
    at System.Windows.Input.InputLanguageSource.get_Curre ntInputLanguage()
    at System.Windows.Input.InputLanguageManager.get_Curr entInputLanguage()
    at System.Windows.Documents.TextSelection.EnsureCaret (Boolean isBlinkEnabled, Boolean isSelectionActive, CaretScrollMethod scrollMethod)
    at System.Windows.Documents.TextSelection.System.Wind ows.Documents.ITextSelection.UpdateCaretAndHighlig ht()
    at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Deleg ate handler, Object target)
    at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Objec t source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
    at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(Dependency Object sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
    at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedE ventArgs args)
    at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingAr ea()
    at System.Windows.Input.KeyboardDevice.ChangeFocus(De pendencyObject focus, Int32 timestamp)
    at System.Windows.Input.KeyboardDevice.Focus(Dependen cyObject focus, Boolean askOld, Boolean askNew, Boolean forceToNullIfFailed)
    at System.Windows.Input.KeyboardDevice.Focus(IInputEl ement element)
    at System.Windows.UIElement.Focus()
    at System.Windows.Documents.TextEditorMouse.MoveFocus ToUiScope(TextEditor This)
    at System.Windows.Documents.TextEditorMouse.OnMouseDo wn(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseDownThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Deleg ate handler, Object target)
    at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Objec t source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
    at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(Dependency Object sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
    at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedE ventArgs args)
    at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingAr ea()
    at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput (InputReport inputReport)
    at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.Repo rtInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
    at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.Filt erMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
    at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessa ge(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
    at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
    at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation( Object o)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.Internal RealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
    at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCat chWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
    Any idea?

regards
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried google search that error? I have never seen that before.

Tried latest beta/nightly build of handbrake?

Or try Vidcoder. It's based on handbrake.
    Quote Quote  
  3. "System.Globalization.CultureNotFoundException : Culture is not supported."
    Is a .Net error, seems like handbrake is looking for some 'locale' (<> Culture) which is not available on your system.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Have you tried google search that error? I have never seen that before.

Tried latest beta/nightly build of handbrake?

Or try Vidcoder. It's based on handbrake.
    Hello

The strange thing is that the Vidcode gives me the same error when trying to set the bitrate I want ..

Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    "System.Globalization.CultureNotFoundException : Culture is not supported."
    Is a .Net error, seems like handbrake is looking for some 'locale' (<> Culture) which is not available on your system.
    Mmm .. ``locale`` ? .. you have any idea how I can fix that?

thanks
    Last edited by K40s; 8th May 2014 at 11:23.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Not a .Net programmer, but wild guess: try if it helps to change your system locale to English. (also make sure the latest .Net Runtime is installed)
    my guess is that they check whether '.' or ',' is used to split numbers and decimals.
    Shouldn't be too hard for the developers to write a workaround for this, so reporting it to the developers of the tools might be a good idea.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    Not a .Net programmer, but wild guess: try if it helps to change your system locale to English. (also make sure the latest .Net Runtime is installed)
    ok I'll try, thanks
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Do you get that error on files that are on your system or just net based or both?
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    Do you get that error on files that are on your system or just net based or both?
    In all I try to encode..

i try MeGUI me and this works well, but is slower than my grandmother
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by K40s View Post
    ....i try MeGUI me and this works well, but is slower than my grandmother
    There's no particular reason it should be that much slower except for the default settings.

Despite what the people who make these encoders tell you, they're all about the same regarding speed.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Hoser Rob View Post
    Originally Posted by K40s View Post
    ....i try MeGUI me and this works well, but is slower than my grandmother
    There's no particular reason it should be that much slower except for the default settings.

Despite what the people who make these encoders tell you, they're all about the same regarding speed.
    The problem is that MeGUI does two stages of encoding. In the settings there is the option to increase to more than 2 steps, but it is decreased to less than 2. Such is the problem of MeGUI.

While Handbrake encoding makes the same quality (for me) on only one stage (about 45 minutes)
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!