VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. Hello [= thank you for posting the instructions

I'm using version 2.63 x64. The SRT is hardcoded fine, but the contrast/colors of the image are heavily changed. All video filters are off. I tried setting constant quality to 0 (highest quality) but it didn't make a difference. Do you know how I can fix this or if there are other reliable ways for me to hardocode SRT onto an image?
    Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  2. Can someone kindly answer a nagging few questions for me please. I used Vidcoder to hardcode the subtitles (.srt file) into my Mp4 and it worked for a couple of movies.....but on my 3rd movie it doesn't want to hardcode the subtitles anymore.

1. Is there something wrong with my movie? with the .srt file (should ANY .srt file work or are there some .srt files that work better than others)?

2. What settings should I change?

Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by gauch View Post
    Can someone kindly answer a nagging few questions for me please. I used Vidcoder to hardcode the subtitles (.srt file) into my Mp4 and it worked for a couple of movies.....but on my 3rd movie it doesn't want to hardcode the subtitles anymore.

1. Is there something wrong with my movie? with the .srt file (should ANY .srt file work or are there some .srt files that work better than others)?

Thank you
    Does the srt subtitles work in your video player? Like VLC, MPC-HC, etc

Can you open the srt with notepad and copy some text and paste it here?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Originally Posted by gauch View Post
    Can someone kindly answer a nagging few questions for me please. I used Vidcoder to hardcode the subtitles (.srt file) into my Mp4 and it worked for a couple of movies.....but on my 3rd movie it doesn't want to hardcode the subtitles anymore.

Thank you
    Does the srt subtitles work in your video player? Like VLC, MPC-HC, etc

Can you open the srt with notepad and copy some text and paste it here?
    Thank you for your response. What I've done so far is try to convert/save in VLC (combining the mp4 & .srt file).....but VLC is not hardcoding it in for some reason (maybe I just don't know how to do it)....plus there is no audio when it finishes the 'convert/save' exercise. HOWEVER, if I just normally open my movie with VLC and then add the subtitles to it (via the Subtitle menu) ...then it works fine.....but I need the subtitles to be hard coded in so I can watch the movie in another player (via the TV).

I am currently trying to hardcode a different .srt file into the movie using VidCoder again.....to see if it works with a different .srt file. This is a German language video

A sample of the .srt file I am currently using in VidCode (the process is taking 4 hours...not sure why):

00:01:41,834 --> 00:01:43,698
    We're looking for someone.

00:02:56,601 --> 00:02:59,090
    Some things may not be spoken of...

00:02:59,967 --> 00:03:02,264
    things from the past,

00:03:02,368 --> 00:03:03,959
    from long ago.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!