VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm looking for some advice on how best to convert hdv video to flv (for display on my website). I have downloaded and tried two free converters and am having problems with both. The Freemake converter adds an unwanted signature clip at the end of the video. Any Video Converter seems to have a problem with converting hdv. (I can't seem to find output dimensions that both reproduce the full frame and preserve its 16 by 9 aspect ratio.) Can someone recommend a package that properly converts hdv to flv?

Previously (some five years ago), I used Moyea Flash Video MX Std for this purpose, but that computer is now dead and Moyea along with it.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I would convert to mp4 (h264 video and aac audio ) instead. Flash supports it. Try for example handbrake, vidcoder.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Many thanks, Baldrick and transporterfan, for your suggestions. I have downloaded VidCoder. It looks to be a quality piece of software. I had a little difficulty finding the right settings for transcoding my hdv .m2ts files, but I am now able to get the web display I was looking for.

Is there a downside to working with .mp4 instead of .flv? Do I take it that .mp4 is the new standard for web video?
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!