VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi guys! so here's the thing, I'm planning to back-up a Blu-ray file to mp4 for personal use, I'm new to Handbrake (ver. 0.9.9) interface, and there is a preview button above it, I'm now on the process of converting my Blu-ray file (.m2ts) to .mp4 file with the same aspect ratio (1920x1080) (it is a concert btw), I've already read in some forums about the Picture Settings, like changing Anamorphic to Strict, and cropping to automatic, but I don't know how to change the setting for Video, so here is the default settings that I found

I'm not sure if those are the recommended settings, I hope you can help me with this

while here is the audio settings, this is the default

there are 2 sources, and I'm kind of confused as what are those, oh, the default mixdown setting is set to "Dolby Pro Logic II". I tried the preview button above before I start converting it (Starts at Preview: 1 | Duration: 30 seconds | I checked the "use system default player"), after it was completed it opened the Windows Media Player (version 12), The video quality is excellent! however, there is no audio, I hope you guys can help me with this
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Video...
    Constant Frame-rate: check
    Tune Film: XXX
    Preset, depends on how much time you want to spend encoding, I generally use Very Slow... it's up to you.
    CRF is also up to you, if you're not happy with the output file, lower it a bit.

Audio...
    Remove the AC3Passthrough, you don't have AC3 and as far as I'm aware there's not point in trying to put DTS in an MP4
    I don't have FAAC, I must have downloaded a nightlie, but assuming the PCM track is actually what you want your settings should be fine, although since it's a concert I'd up the bit-rate quite substantially.

Ah, it appears handbrake has problems with PCM, you could try re-encoding the DTS track instead...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by ndjamena View Post
    Ah, it appears handbrake has problems with PCM, you could try re-encoding the DTS track instead...
    thank you! How do I re-encode it? is there an application that do this?

I'm planning to use RipBot264, then again, I'm not familiar with the settings yet
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I generally encode my streams piece by piece, then use muxing software to make the final file, other than that, I've used handbrake in the past and that's it.

Me, I'd extract the PCM with EAC3To and encode it to AAC using NeroAACENC at about q 0.55 to 0.65, then remux the Audio back into the Handbrake encode using MP4Box and a complicated command-line. I'd probably put chapters in it too...

If ripbot can do MP4s then it should do, there are too many encoders for anyone to care, really, and anyone who gives you advice on what to use will only be saying, 'do what I do'.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Don't know if this is what you want.

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/features/power_users_guide_video_encoding_handbrake

They have some presets that you can add for Xbox PS3 I pod I phone

The Problem is how long do you want to wait for you're video. And not be able to use you're computer. One or a week. The slower you run it, the longer it take .

I use 9.5 and am happy using HD everything looks great to me. 9.5 also makes it easier to set my file size. Under video I type 700 for a 90 minute movie. But I do 720p, you're wanting 1080p. Smallest file size would be 1.33gb How much of you're hard drive do you want to use fore one movie. Some of the file sizes that I have downloaded to view are no different then my 720p at 700 or less megabytes. And they were 4 to 6 gigabytes. Give me a brake. I guess some people think bigger is better. Never on a computer. It's always about storage. Good luck and have fun.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!