VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Greetings ...

I have been using a PLUGABLE 10-port USB hub on my computer when running Win-XP-32. However, when running Win-7 Pro-64 on the same machine, the hub is not recognized.

Have tried all available USB ports but nothing works. Win-7 says all my USB drivers are up-to-date.

BTW: Also having WIN-7 recognition issues with a non-powered 4-port USB hub.

WIN-7 does recognize some directly-connected individual USB devices (external HDD's, Flash Drives, a Fuji FinePix camera as well as a mouse). The keyboard is a PS/2 type and runs thru that port.

If I try to connect more than two USB devices (sometimes just more than one) , multiple issues arise.

Thanx-A-Lot, Frank-0-Video
    Last edited by Frank-0-Video; 2nd May 2014 at 14:13.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    look up the manufactures website and see if they have usb drivers for your usb hub. or uninstall the usb ports on your computer
    restart your machine and let windows reinstall the usb ports to see if that works.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    look up the manufactures website and see if they have usb drivers for your usb hub. or uninstall the usb ports on your computer
    restart your machine and let windows reinstall the usb ports to see if that works.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I use Win 7 64 bit and when I first installed it (I built my own PC, by the way) I wanted to add a multi-card reader to it. I ended buying a Sony brand because it was the only one I could get reliable customer reviews on where users of Win 7 64 bit said it worked. I found lots of reviews of other brands of similar devices that had people say they never got them working in Win 7 64 bit. Why? I have no idea. But Win 7 64 bit does seem a bit fussy about various things.

Using powered USB hubs may be helpful. The only USB hub I use on my Win 7 64 bit box is a 7 port one that is powered and it has always worked fine. Pulled it off my XP box, popped it on the Win 7 box, and it just worked. If your "computer" is actually a laptop like 90% of the people are here mean when they just say "computer", yeah, I'm pretty sure you're going to have to go with powered hubs.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Greetings ....

This is a desktop computer, with both a WIN-XP-32 hard drive and a WIN-7-64 hard drive. I switch manually (cable swap) between drives. This is on purpose, as I do not want the XP drive to be compromised by WIN-7's presence and visa versa.

The people who make the PLUGABLE 10-port hub say that no driver is required.

Before I unstall my USB ports, I'm going to have to get a PS/2 mouse to go with my PS/2 keyboard - mainly because I wouldn't know which USB port is being uninstalled.

Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Frank-0-Video View Post
    Greetings ....

This is a desktop computer, with both a WIN-XP-32 hard drive and a WIN-7-64 hard drive. I switch manually (cable swap) between drives. This is on purpose, as I do not want the XP drive to be compromised by WIN-7's presence and visa versa.

The people who make the PLUGABLE 10-port hub say that no driver is required.

Before I unstall my USB ports, I'm going to have to get a PS/2 mouse to go with my PS/2 keyboard - mainly because I wouldn't know which USB port is being uninstalled.

Try this.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Greetings ...

Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Try this.
    Tried as suggested - Still won't recognize PLUGABLE Hub. It's possible that there's a hardware incompatibility issue at work here, but I do not have the know-how to figure it out.

NOTE: If more than one or two USB devices are plugged in, things go haywire.
    Last edited by Frank-0-Video; 2nd May 2014 at 14:37. Reason: Removed Attached Image
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    does sound like a driver issue, but for the motherboard not the hub. did you install the low level inf, usb, audio, network and other drivers?
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Greetings ....

Windows-7 auto-installed everything. I was not aware of any needed fixes for the motherboard.

Thanx-A-Lot
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    the list says "standard openhcd" usb host controller. probably not the right one. it should list a manufacturer's name. that's like having a "dual fifo" hard drive controller listed.
    --
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    windows only install "standard" device drivers, that only means they work, not that they are correct. go to the motherboard manufacturer's website and download all the required drivers.
    --
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Greetings ...

It's a BIOSTAR Group TA790GXE -- site says it supports 4 usb back panel ports. My desktop has not only the 4 back-panel ports, but also 2 extra front panel ports, one of which does not work.

CORRECTION TO PREVIOUS POST -- Drivers -ARE- Available. Should I get just USB, or all that are available?

Thanx
    Last edited by Frank-0-Video; 2nd May 2014 at 17:17.
    THE Ultimate TV Tuner Device - Picks up every broadcast-cable-satellite transmission since 1928!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    looks like there are several 790gxe boards - make sure you identify the exact one you have before downloading drivers. also some of the boards have revision levels that need to be matched.
    http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/socket.php?S_ID=8
    --
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Greetings ...

It's a BIOSTAR Group TA790GXE -- site says it supports 4 usb back panel ports. My desktop has not only the 4 back-panel ports, but also 2 extra front panel ports, one of which does not work.

BIOSTAR site does not have drivers!!

Thanx
    The drivers for your TA790GXE are here Click on the red plus sign connected to the word "Driver" with a long line.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Greetings ...

Thank you - did not see that at first. Should I download and install all, or just USB??

Thanx-A-Lot
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Greetings ...

BIOSTAR site does not have drivers!!

Thanx
    The drivers for your TA790GXE are here Click on the red plus sign connected to the word "Driver" with a long line.
    are you sure that's his board? there are other ta790gxe boards without the 128m addition which he didn't say.
    --
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    could it be one of these two revisions? http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=454
    --
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Greetings ...

Thank you - did not see that at first. Should I download and install all, or just USB??

Thanx-A-Lot
    I would download and install all the drivers. Oh, and if I guessed wrong and you actually have the MATX TA790GXE Rev 6.0 motherboard, not the ATX TA790GXE 128M motherboard, drivers are here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Greetings ...

Has Radeon HD 3300 graphics -- I believe it is the 6.1 version board

Thanx
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    version 6 and 6.1 both have hd3300 graphics. there should be a label/tag you can see on the top of the motherboard saying which rev it is.
    --
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Greetings ...

it's a 6.1 - thank you everyone
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!