VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. A little present 4 u:

Click image for larger version

Name:	present4u.gif
Views:	446
Size:	906.2 KB
ID:	32257

Jiggle deformer test . The "pikachu" jiggles when impacting the ground, all secondary animation

Sweep nurb animation test for "ribbons"

Ugly banding near the top. I wanted to keep the filesize lower with less dithering, but the other reason is the color pallette is "stretched" with yellows and reds. If the colors are primarily 1 tone, it's easier to represent with 256 colors - that's how you can optimize gifs by design
    Quote Quote  
  2. dollyzoom , with more depth / objects in the background demonstrates the effect better

Name:	dollyz03.gif
Views:	253
Size:	3.95 MB
ID:	32263
    Quote Quote  
  3. Tracer test / light streaks effect

Name:	pdr_tracer_hair.gif
Views:	434
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	32273
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Dang, you've got some nice s/w there PDR. Very impressive showing indeed.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hahahaha . This is for nobody in particular ...

Name:	vh_troll.gif
Views:	939
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	32793

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That's nice. Is that "Ultimate Super 3D Maker Professional 1.0"?

P.S. There's banding in your gradient, hahaha.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I know I know. Damn banding.... stupid gifs . You can't use more than a few shades without stretching the palette too thin. I should have used green letters or red troll

Blowing stuff up and shattering is so lame, but I'm out of ideas for troll gifs

So how's the recruitment drive coming along ? I think we need a new VP of Marketing...hahaha
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hahaha, nobody wants to join the SiC because it's too elite. Bunch of poussiere's Did you catch my other joke?

Look up the song "You can eat my poussiere". A good old Zydeco song. Do they have Google Play Music up there? You prolly tap your toes for a while on that one.

AFA SiC, I will always be a proud member. To see over the heads of the unwashed masses is the only requirement for membership. But alas, so few are able to do it.

I know several members that qualify, but to formally invite them would be gauche. So it's a Catch-22.

Maybe we could issue badges and shitt? And uniforms. Hey, we can have clip on Photo SiC Membership ID cards. And wear those fake "Bubba" teeth.
    Last edited by budwzr; 24th Jul 2015 at 23:38.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Hahahaha . This is for nobody in particular ...

[Attachment 32793 - Click to enlarge]

Nice animation!

Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by budwzr View Post
    Did you catch my other joke?
    Nope, must have missed it. (I was too busy crying over the banding that you pointed out ...hahaha )

Look up the song "You can eat my poussiere". A good old Zydeco song.
    I found it on youtube. Not my cup of tea, but the name is rather suggestive

Originally Posted by newpball View Post
    Nice animation!

Thx . I have no idea where "forum troll" came from . I wonder what the history behind it is ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    (I was too busy crying over the banding that you pointed out ...hahaha )
    I was jealous.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ... I have no idea where "forum troll" came from . I wonder what the history behind it is ?
    Loneliness, feelings of no worth, low self esteem, sociopathic, etc. We just need to go through the posts and see who fits that profile.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well, whoever wants to get jumped in to SiC has to at least be able to do 3D animation.

Name:	VHelp 3D.gif
Views:	247
Size:	679.6 KB
ID:	32809
    Quote Quote  
  14. Looks like newpball stepped on too many toes and got himself banned. We need a gif for "Another one bites the dust"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Looks like newpball stepped on too many toes and got himself banned. We need a gif for "Another one bites the dust"
    Newpballs got whacked? I noticed the other day that Sanlyn got whacked too. Jeez-o-peets, I better keep a low profile.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I shot some interesting footage of an Eagle taking a dump the other day.....
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Eagle_poop12.gif
Views:	1270
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	33055  

Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Would the "current prez" look more realistic? You even have that little "shimmy" to release it.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Hahaha Nice "loaf pinching" racer

I know we are not supposed to talk about politiks here but watching the US race is entertaining
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Delete.....
    Last edited by racer-x; 10th Aug 2015 at 04:04.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search PM
    How do you create a GIF to have the same resolution as the original images? I tried to do it on Photoshop but just got nowhere.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by Master Tape View Post
    How do you create a GIF to have the same resolution as the original images? I tried to do it on Photoshop but just got nowhere.
    Are you using the word "resolution" in the strict sense ? ie. dimensions eg. 1920x1080 ? GIF supports almost any resolution

Or were you referring to some other characteristic ?

It's not possible to have the same "quality" because GIF only supports 256 colors. 8bit RGB video supports 16.7M colors. There is a format called APNG (animated PNG) that can do lossless RGB similar to GIF, but only certain browsers support it
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search PM
    Are you using the word "resolution" in the strict sense ? ie. dimensions eg. 1920x1080 ? GIF supports almost any resolution

It's not possible to have the same "quality" because GIF only supports 256 colors. 8bit RGB video supports 16.7M colors. There is a format called APNG (animated PNG) that can do lossless RGB similar to GIF, but only certain browsers support it
    Yeah, resolution as in the dimensions.

It's just for a picture i created in MS paint, so it isn't exactly high quality, but should there be no notable quality loss for this sort of material?
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by Master Tape View Post

Yeah, resolution as in the dimensions.

It's just for a picture i created in MS paint, so it isn't exactly high quality, but should there be no notable quality loss for this sort of material?

Yes, you can do it in photoshop or almost any image editor

Whether or not you can "see" the quality loss depends on the number of colors used in the original and what manipulations you did in paint. If the original only used a few colors, you might not notice a difference. But 256 vs. 16,700,000 is a big difference . That' s why techniques such as dither are used to improve the subjective quality
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search PM
    Yes, you can do it in photoshop or almost any image editor

Whether or not you can "see" the quality loss depends on the number of colors used in the original and what manipulations you did in paint. If the original only used a few colors, you might not notice a difference. But 256 vs. 16,700,000 is a big difference . That' s why techniques such as dither are used to improve the subjective quality
    The image only has about 7 colours so i don't think it'll be an issue. I tried uploading it onto an online GIF maker, but it came out looking too compressed with loss of detail.

I tried following tutorials on Youtube on how to do it on Photoshop, but i was just getting nowhere, with either error messages or it not working.
    Quote Quote  
  25. You say "the image" which implies 1 - How many frames is it ? (Is this an animation ?) . Have you loaded the image(s) as layers into photoshop ?

What version of photoshop are you using ? It's changed in CC - you have to export to legacy formats to access the GIF options
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search PM
    Well it is only two frames, but basically the same picture with a minor difference (ie, a finger flipping!) So the GIF would loop these frames to make the character do it repeatedly. Basically just a test GIF animation, then i can do longer ones in future.
    Quote Quote  
  27. It helps to start with the correct workspace. Set it to "motion" (or it might be called "animation" in older versions) . This will give you a timeline to work with. This is more important when you get into more complex GIF animations and variable timing (each frame can be delayed by different values)

When you have longer sequences, Photoshop can actually load videos (AVI and MOV) and automatically sequence them as layers . I personally find it easier to load them this way when making GIF's . File=> Import => Video Frames to Layers . To access GIF options, it's File => Export => Save for Web (legacy)

To load an image sequence (file=>open) , in the open dialog box, make sure you checkmark the image sequence box . This will automatically load sequentially numbered sequences, instead of a single file eg.

img000.png
    img001.png
    img002.png
    img003.png

Otherwise it's the same steps: File => Export => Save for Web (legacy)

There are many options to optimize the gif, but set lossy to zero if you want the highest quality. For 7 colors, you don't need dithering, and reduce the palette size to something smaller like 16 to keep the filesize down
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search PM
    What version of photoshop are you using ? It's changed in CC - you have to export to legacy formats to access the GIF options
    Oh apologies, forgot to mention i use CS5
    Quote Quote  
  29. Did you try this ?
    http://www.briandalessandro.com/blog/create-an-animated-gif-in-photoshop-cs5/

In all versions of photoshop back to CS3 , you need to load the images as layers - maybe that's where you are stuck ?

Where are you stuck, or what is the specific problem/ error message ?
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search PM
    After clicking on 'Load Files into Stack...' i keep getting this error message.

Name:  Error.png
Views: 439
Size:  19.2 KB
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!