VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. thanks to poison this procedure seems work ok to "transfer" timecode metadata from .mxf source into .avi destination

ffmpeg -i c0020.mxf -f ffmetadata metadata.txt

ffmpeg -y -i c0020.avi -i metadata.txt -map_metadata 1 -vcodec copy -an -id3v2_version 3 -vtag MJPG c0020a.avi

Now I wonder:

can I do the same thing with ffmbc?

Why? because my nle bad digest the vprp table created with ffmpeg.

Seems to me that ffmbc don't write vprp, so output of ffmbc is clean. But I cannot do the timecode transfer.

I have try ffmbc-i c0020.mxf -f ffmetadata metadata.txt etc.. but seems is no correct.

Please there i a way to use ffmbc?

thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Not until ffmbc gets an update and synced to current ffmpeg (it's about a year behind)
    Quote Quote  
  3. in effect ffmbc sleep.

There is no possibilities to skip writing vprp data in ffmpeg?

I have try to encode the same file with ffmpeg and with ffmbc: with the ffmbc one seems to me there is no trace of vprp, for nothing
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by marcorocchini View Post

There is no possibilities to skip writing vprp data in ffmpeg?
    Maybe you can hire someone to make a custom build for you, modify the avienc.c which is the AVI muxer portion

Or look at the ffmbc source, and build a custom ffmpeg from the ffmbc part
    Quote Quote  
  5. at the moment I have not answer from zeranoe. Do you think is tecnically possible have in ffmpeg the vfw encoding of 3d party codecs?

ffmbc source is easly available but I don't know how is possible "emdedding" all to achieve a binary file ffmpeg.exe

Also I hope a custom build it is not something from the excessive cost, what I'm doing now is a gift for my cat :=)

However, it is now facing another small problem: when I the ffmpeg -y -i c0020.avi -i metadata.txt -map_metadata 1 -vcodec copy -an -id3v2_version 3 -vtag MJPG c0020a.avi the encoding is is strangely slow although the option "vcodec copy"
    Quote Quote  
  6. I don't know about 3rd party codecs and ffmpeg. Since mencoder can, possibly ffmpeg can

Yes all sources are available - so you swap parts of the ffmbc source with the ffmpeg source when compiling your ffmpeg custom build, or pay someone to do it
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Or try a new nle. Have you tried shotcut? It's free and runs on top of ffmpeg. Who knows, you may actually like it.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
    Or try a new nle. Have you tried shortcut? It's free and runs on top of ffmpeg. Who knows, you may actually like it.
    LOL - you don't know the backstory

A modern NLE will actually solve all his problems, because he can import xdcamhd422 clips natively, timecode, smart render (e.g. vegas)
    Quote Quote  
  9. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by marcorocchini View Post
    when I the ffmpeg -y -i c0020.avi -i metadata.txt -map_metadata 1 -vcodec copy -an -id3v2_version 3 -vtag MJPG c0020a.avi the encoding is is strangely slow although the option "vcodec copy"
    -id3v2_version 3 <= this does not compute
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm pretty sure shotcut can import and export xdcam.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    when I the ffmpeg -y -i c0020.avi -i metadata.txt -map_metadata 1 -vcodec copy -an -id3v2_version 3 -vtag MJPG c0020a.avi the encoding is is strangely slow although the option "vcodec copy"

That's actually not necessary - it's for other metadata id3 tags. He's only interested in the timecode

I'm pretty sure shotcut can import and export xdcam.
    Many things can, but he's "married" to the dinosaur speedrazor
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
    Or try a new nle
    grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Click image for larger version

Name:	cccat.jpg
Views:	1310
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	24679
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Cute cat........or whatever that is. I guess I can't help you. PDR is your best hope.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Looks like a black tribble ...Star Trek

Name:	0.jpg
Views:	945
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	24684
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Funny, a Tribble was the first thing I thought of. I remember doing a play in High School Literature class on that very Star Trek episode. I played Spock if I remember correctly........
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I know you are not interested in using another NLE, but here is a short selection of the output formats it can do for those that may be interested:
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ShotCut.png
Views:	1260
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	24692  

Quote Quote  
  17. a little yes.. i'm interested to change nle but I have repeated genomic sequences of cat.. I will change slowly nle. In the meantime, however, the change of speed razor, now, it works perfectly. I had to swap and change some. dll taken from another dinosaur .nle In Sync Blade (SR.dll, callback.dll, rzfile.dll, DVSync.rzf,scaleconverter.rzf) initially have a lot of problem (jerky playback, crashes). In recent months, there was only the problem of the timecode of the clips, but with this the problem is half-solved:

Name:	INSY.JPG
Views:	356
Size:	598.1 KB
ID:	24693

There are month that I'm trying the machine and is stable.

Speed Razor is absolutly the best in audio manage into the timeline: for news, with little time available this is crucial. The problem of this is my modified version is the "funnel hood" of the mjpg. However to the naked eye I challenge you to find differences.. except you have the cat's eye ^^
    Quote Quote  
  18. this is my batch automated (dos) tool:

deltree c:\temp
    md c:\temp
    cd /d c:\temp
    for %%x in (d:\galvanina\*.mxf) do type NUL > %%~nx.avi
    SET if_it_exists_here=v:\automazioneclip\ouput
    SET then_delete_it_there=C:\temp
    CD /d v:\automazioneclip\output
    FOR %%A IN (*.*) DO (
    IF EXIST "%then_delete_it_there%\%%~nxA" DEL /Q /F %then_delete_it_there%\%%~nxA
    )
    cd /d c:\temp
    del temp.avi
    set ext=.avi
    set file=
    if not exist *%ext% goto:EOF
    if exist temp%ext% goto:EOF
    for /f "delims=" %%G in ('dir *%ext% /b /o:-d /t:w') do set file=%%G
    for %%H in ("%file%") do set filename=%%~nH
    echo %filename% | clip 2>nul if %errorlevel%==1 goto:EOF
    ren %file% temp%ext%
    c:\virtualdubnuovo\vdub.exe /max d:\galvanina\%filename%.mxf /s c:\marco.vcf

v:\automazioneclip\core\ffmpeg -i d:\galvanina\%filename%.mxf -f ffmetadata metadata.txt
    v:\automazioneclip\core\ffmpeg -y -i v:\automazioneclip\output\temp.avi -i metadata.txt -map_metadata 1 -vcodec copy -an -id3v2_version 3 -vtag MJPG v:\automazioneclip\output\temp1.avi

ren c:\temp\temp.avi %filename%.tmp
    ren v:\automazioneclip\output\temp1.avi %filename%.avi
    del c:\temp\metadata.txt
    del v:\automazioneclip\output\temp.avi
    exit /b

it convert all .mxf file in (e.g) d:\galvanina and generate .avi mjpeg file in o:\ (subst of v:\automazioneclip\output)
    maybe not even Shotcat have an interface for batch processing so advanced ^^...
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by marcorocchini View Post

Speed Razor is absolutly the best in audio manage into the timeline: for news, with little time available this is crucial. The problem of this is my modified version is the "funnel hood" of the mjpg. However to the naked eye I challenge you to find differences.. except you have the cat's eye ^^

I would argue that in ENG scenarios, it's more important not to have to re-encode everything, re-tag everything because it wastes TIME. Yes quick turnaround is important. But even if you have an automated batch file, a person with a good NLE will be finished editing and submitted before you even start to edit! What does your cat / tribble have to say about that ?
    Quote Quote  
  20. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    What does your cat / tribble have to say about that ?
    His cat says, «Speed Razor means trouble in Klingonese»
    Last edited by El Heggunte; 21st Apr 2014 at 21:05. Reason: better idea ^.^
    Quote Quote  
  21. mmymmm I think you are jealous of my new, shin, powerful super NLE
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post

Hi again,

please considering ffmpeg -i c0020.mxf -f ffmetadata metadata.txt or other ways (ffmpeg -c0020.mxf 2> catch.txt)
    is there possibily to get timecode from a .mxf file and put it on a .txt file?

e.g. I have c0020.mxf

;FFMETADATA1
    uid=41821e00-3664-05c1-0270-08004602023b
    generation_uid=41821e00-3664-05c2-0270-08004602023b
    company_name=SONY
    product_name=Opt
    product_version=1.22
    product_uid=060e2b34-0401-0103-0e06-012002010300
    modification_date=2013-05-24 22:12:18
    timecode=01:34:21:15

can I do a file .txt that contain only 01:34:21:15 ?

thanks

possibly without using the "for" istruction if is necessary a little batch Thanks
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!