VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am in the throes of trying to make a DVD from an avi file together with subtitles, something I have done a couple of times before with good results but that was literally years ago and I forget.

I have tried DVD Flick - despite my specifying 4:3 aspect ratio in project settings and adding the subtitle correctly the resulting video files came out 16:9 and without subs (which subs work fine when I watch the avi in the KMPlayer).

Next I tried AVStoDVD, this time the aspect ratio was OK but the subtitles still hadn't made it onto the VOB files despite the fact that AVStoDVD 'found' them and asked if I wanted to add them. Yes, sure.

What am I doing wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried turned on the subtitles? Use a software dvd player like vlc media player or click on the subtitle button on your remote control.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yes, I watch the resulting VOB files in KMPlayer and the subtitles are turned on and, as I said in the post, show up fine when I run the avi. The subs are of course in the same folder as the avi and similarly named.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You might have to load the entire dvd. Open the video_ts folder.

But did you manually add the srt file in avs2dvd?
    Quote Quote  
  5. "You might have to load the entire dvd. Open the video_ts folder." OK, that sounds reasonable. I'd try it directly only I deleted the DVD folder yesterday - and emptied the recycle bin to boot. I'll certainly keep this in mind next time though.

"But did you manually add the srt file in avs2dvd?" No, as I said in the OP "...AVStoDVD 'found' them and asked if I wanted to add them."

At the moment I'm trying out the Freemake Video Converter. There is no shortage of software that supposedly does avi to DVD conversion..;)

But, come to think of it, what about AutoGordianKnot? I just now remember using it ages ago and it worked fine. I think I'll give that a whirl if the Freemake thingy doesn't pan out.
    Quote Quote