VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I want to show my subtitle with my web player(it supports flash and html5) i'm using .mp4 format and i can add subtitle to player with external srt file,but i want to embed subtitle to my mp4 videos. becuase my player is not proportioning my external subtitle in full screen and normal screen.
    I can embed subtitle with mp4box(Windows Cmd) or Yamb program. My desktop media player can see the subtitle but not all. I tried to use MeGui, put my mp4 and videos in it and select forced and default subtitle option. then started the program without re-encode. it took several minutes. after this; megui is turning my mp4 to mkv without re-encoding and made my subtitle forced and default. so all player can see subtitle now. but that is not i want i need .mp4 format. i tried to make subtitle forced and default and make output .mp4 with MeGui, this time program is encoding my mp4 to mp4.i dont want to encode. Is there anyway to embed subtitle to mp4 without re-encoding. my player can display Text Tracks embedded into MP4 files. how can show my subtitle with my player. any idea?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You could use MKVToolkit - add the MP4 file, and it will add all the video and audio streams from that.
    Then add the SRT file and it will add that in as well.
    "Mux" it all together to make one file that contains everything.

Then use MkvToMp4 (here) and put it back into one MP4.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks , I added my Mp4 file to mkvtoolnix and it parted into 3 parts (MPEG,AAC,Chapters) , then added .srt too.. and then I muxed 4 part together to one folder E.g ; "davinci.mkv"
    I added new "davinci.mkv" file to MkvToMp4 and start the proccess it gives "davinci.m4v( it is ok)". After all these proccess i tried my new "davinci.m4v" file in my web players ( tested in four player -flash and html5 player- ) they cant show the subtitle. I tried in desktop player too , some player may shut the subtitle. Result is , Still I can not force the subtitle to appear in webplayer or any other player. How can i do that ?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I know nothing of web players or HTML I'm afraid so can't help you there.
    If you want it to be .mp4 instead of .m4v, not that it'll make any difference, you can change the settings under "Video" in MkvToMp4.
    Quote Quote  
  5. If the video site support separate upload of subtitle file, e.g. Youtube, then you just need to upload the srt file. Otherwise, if the video site has no support for soft-sub, the only sure way to get subtitle displayed is by hard-subbing(re-encode)
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!