VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've ripped my personal DVD of The Eagles, Hell Freezes Over concert with DTS 5.1 audio and 2 channel LPCM, using DVD Shrink.

I want to trim the film itself by the first 10-15 minutes. You can only trim in Shrink using re-author, which (according to the on screen message) disables the menu functions. My problem is that when the disc first starts, you are presented with a menu to choose either DTS or 2 channel PCM. You cannot switch the audio tracks at any other time. I need to preserve this menu capability. Also, even if you choose DTS, once the disc starts playing, if you skip past the "flying and exploding gold disc" DTS logo, the audio reverts back to 2 channel PCM. So, can someone tell this novice, the simplest way to trim a few minutes of the beginning of the film and preserve the menu function of audio selection? Thanks!!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe with vobblanker. I will see if I find some guide.

Check: http://download.videohelp.com/jsoto/guides/VobBlanker/prevcut/index.php

I haven't tried it so I have no idea how complex it is.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks! I ripped it as an iso. Does that matter? I downloaded vob blanker, but it can't see the image
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You must extract the video_ts folder from the iso.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I think I need to download another program just to do that, LOL. I knew this would get complicated.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If extracting the video_Ts folder is complicated then give up...
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    virtual drive software, nor isobuster clones necessary. 7-zip works good for this.
    Right click the iso file/extract to...

http://www.7-zip.org/download.html
    Quote Quote  
  8. Haha. I'm just reeling from another long battle to simply get a video file transferred successfully to play on my blu ray player. I'll try the zip program. What if I put the ISO on USB stick? Would the program see the contents of the ISO? Thanks again!!!! I seriously appreciate everything

Jim
    Last edited by jimbanville; 10th Apr 2014 at 20:04.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!