VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by classfour View Post
    Get a $20 chinese cheapo - most play any region.
    Yeah, and have the features of a can of tuna and last 2 weeks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You could look at specialty retailers like 220-electronics or world-import. They have comprehensive descriptions for the models they sell.
    http://www.220-electronics.com/blu-ray-dvd/region-free-dvd-player/pioneer-hdmi-1080p-r...vd-player.html
    http://www.world-import.com/pioneer-dv-2012-k-region-free-dvd-player.htm
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Rawit View Post
    That looks like audio. Is there a video section with HDMI options? I would expect 480/576/720/1080 options.
    OK, you're right, those was HDMI Audio settings.

In the HDMI Video settings I have the following choices:

1920x1080p
    1920x1080i
    1280x720p
    720x480p
    720x480i

I tried the second one already, 1920x10801, but the Bravia still wouldn't play the video (I still get a message "Unsuported signal. Check output device"
    Quote Quote  
  4. BTW, why has the price of my Pioneer Dv610av-s, gone from about $100 when I bought it a year and a half ago, to $1,000 now?...... http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B001PBQNPO/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    There's an awful lot of blather going on here with some useful information, some not so useful, yet nobody seems to have cut to the heart of the matter.

The OP needs to get a converting DVD player that can change regions. Set it to region 2 and NTSC output for the region 2 PAL DVDs and he's fixed. The Philippines DVDs are another story. The Philippines is an NTSC country but on the black market the DVDs themselves could be anything. Setting the region to 0 and forcing NTSC output should solve that problem too.

PCs don't have PAL vs. NTSC issues and depending on the playback software you use, they may not check region codes, which is why your DVDs work on a PC.
    My current DVD player, the Pioneer DV-610AV-s, already is a "multi-region" player. I can see that it is playing the PAL disc as the digital timer advances and I can hear the audio through my SONY Bravia.

The problem seems to be that SONY Bravias do not support a PAL video signal. Are you saying there's a way within a multi-region player to convert the output signal from PAL to NTSC?

Or do just certain multi-region players (known as "converters") do this?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Maldez View Post
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    There's an awful lot of blather going on here with some useful information, some not so useful, yet nobody seems to have cut to the heart of the matter.

The OP needs to get a converting DVD player that can change regions. Set it to region 2 and NTSC output for the region 2 PAL DVDs and he's fixed. The Philippines DVDs are another story. The Philippines is an NTSC country but on the black market the DVDs themselves could be anything. Setting the region to 0 and forcing NTSC output should solve that problem too.

PCs don't have PAL vs. NTSC issues and depending on the playback software you use, they may not check region codes, which is why your DVDs work on a PC.
    My current DVD player, the Pioneer DV-610AV-s, already is a "multi-region" player. I can see that it is playing the PAL disc as the digital timer advances and I can hear the audio through my SONY Bravia.

The problem seems to be that SONY Bravias do not support a PAL video signal. Are you saying there's a way within a multi-region player to convert the output signal from PAL to NTSC?

Or do just certain multi-region players (known as "converters") do this?
    Some multi-region players do not convert and can only play video using its original system. Other players always convert to whatever video system the player is set to use at the factory. (I have a Philips DVD player and an LG Blu-Ray player which both convert from PAL to NTSC automatically. Neither is multi-region BTW.) I have heard that a few players allow users to choose the TV system to use for output.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Maldez View Post
    OK, you're right, those was HDMI Audio settings.

In the HDMI Video settings I have the following choices:

1920x1080p
    1920x1080i
    1280x720p
    720x480p
    720x480i

I tried the second one already, 1920x10801, but the Bravia still wouldn't play the video (I still get a message "Unsuported signal. Check output device"
    I've found in the manual, page 52, there is a way to force a video system (NTSC in your case):

"Setting the TV system

The default setting of this player is AUTO, and unless you notice that the picture is distorted when playing some discs, you should leave it set to AUTO. If you experience picture distortion with some discs, set the TV system to match your country or region’s system. Doing this, however, may restrict the kinds of disc you can watch. The table below shows what kinds of disc are compatible with each setting (AUTO, NTSC and PAL ).
    1 If the player is on, press STANDBY/ ON to switch it to standby.
    2 Using the front panel controls, hold down >>| then press STANDBY/ON to switch the TV system.
    The TV system changes as follows:
    • AUTO -> NTSC
    • NTSC -> PAL
    • PAL -> AUTO"

Could you try that?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Rawit View Post
    I've found in the manual, page 52, there is a way to force a video system (NTSC in your case):

"Setting the TV system

The default setting of this player is AUTO, and unless you notice that the picture is distorted when playing some discs, you should leave it set to AUTO. If you experience picture distortion with some discs, set the TV system to match your country or region’s system. Doing this, however, may restrict the kinds of disc you can watch. The table below shows what kinds of disc are compatible with each setting (AUTO, NTSC and PAL ).
    1 If the player is on, press STANDBY/ ON to switch it to standby.
    2 Using the front panel controls, hold down >>| then press STANDBY/ON to switch the TV system.
    The TV system changes as follows:
    • AUTO -> NTSC
    • NTSC -> PAL
    • PAL -> AUTO"

Could you try that?
    Wow! You're a genius, my friend! I'm now watching the PAL disc on my Sony Bravia!

Stupid question, but when I want to watch my NTSC discs, I have to reset the Pioneer again?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Maldez View Post
    Wow! You're a genius, my friend! I'm now watching the PAL disc on my Sony Bravia!

Stupid question, but when I want to watch my NTSC discs, I have to reset the Pioneer again?
    I'm curious - what does this say about you since the answer, again what several of us told you over and over and over here, was in the manual all the time? To be honest with you, since you're clearly too lazy to do even the slightest amount of work, your last question there does not deserve an answer.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Many thanks to all of you who took the time to be so helpful and friendly.....you guys are the best!!
    Quote Quote