VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Here's the clip in question: http://vocaroo.com/i/s1xA7Rw9OBJ8

At around :10 the noise begins, a low thrumming sound. It's probably a car driving by, you can hear a doppler effect. I've tried the Parametric Equalizer with no success. Any suggestions as to how I should approach this problem?

I'd be willing to use another (free) audio editing program to get rid of it, but I'd prefer to use Audition.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Since this is speech you probably do not need anything below100 or 200Hz. Open file in Audition, edit view or mode, effects>filters & EQ>scientific filters. In here, click the chebychev1 or butterworth tabs, high pass, enter 100 or 200Hz for cutoff frequency, order 6, 0 master gain, ok. The idea is to high pass filter with a cutoff frequency that you may experiment on; vary between 100 and maybe 400Hz and see what changes it brings. You can also experiment with the order, which determines how sharp the slope of the filter will be.
    For the nth time, with the possible exception of certain Intel processors, I don't have/ever owned anything whose name starts with "i".
    Quote Quote