VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So i have a file that im moving from an flv container to mp4 or mkv whichever works best and is easier but i want to change the resolution of the file, for whatever reason it rips at a lower resolution but on my player it looks better with a higher one

so how how can i go about doing this on windows pc
    Last edited by iamloco724; 28th Mar 2014 at 17:45.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    If you intend to change resolution, you must re-encode when you convert, not just remux. Handbrake, MeGUI, etc.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    If you intend to change resolution, you must re-encode when you convert, not just remux. Handbrake, MeGUI, etc.

Scott
    so i remux to mp4 i put the file in handbrake and i still cant change the resolution
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There's a lot of confusion here. If it 'rips' (sic) to a lower resolution that's probably because of some setting on whatever software you were using.

I've never changed resolution that I can remember in Handbrake but there definitely seem to be settings to change it:

https://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/PictureSettings

Handbrake has excellent documentation. Better than a lot of programs you'll pay for. Read it.

And if you're going to convert the original file in handbrake why do you still want to remux it? I can't see why that'd be necessary.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Hoser Rob View Post
    There's a lot of confusion here. If it 'rips' (sic) to a lower resolution that's probably because of some setting on whatever software you were using.

I've never changed resolution that I can remember in Handbrake but there definitely seem to be settings to change it:

https://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/PictureSettings

Handbrake has excellent documentation. Better than a lot of programs you'll pay for. Read it.

And if you're going to convert the original file in handbrake why do you still want to remux it? I can't see why that'd be necessary.
    im ripping from a site it goes to flv file i tried putting that in handbrake couldnt change the resolution which is why i remuxed the file figured maybe it was because it was flv but then i could change it still i see the area just in the arrows or putting in the numbers manually reverts back to the original size it doesnt seem to want to change
    Quote Quote